Avalon Organics Botanicals Vitamin C Facial Cleanser

Avalon Organics Botanicals Vitamin C Facial Cleanser
Vitamin C Facial Cleanser

3.6

Not tested on animals

Aloe barbadensis leaf juice(1), aqua (water), decyl glucoside sorbito, coco-glucoside, xanthan gum, citrus aurantium bergamia (bergamot) fruit oil, citrus aurantiumdulcis (orange) peel oil, citrus limon (lemon) peel oil, arnica montana flower extract(1), camellia sinensis leaf extract(1), chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract(1), citrus limon (lemon) peel extract*, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) flower/leaf/stem extract(1), olea eruopaea (olive) leaf extract(1), ascorbyl glucosied, bisabolol, citric acid, glycerin, glyceryl oleate, hydrolyzed wheat protein, tocopheryl acetate, alcohol(1), benzyl alcohol, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, limonene. (1)Certified Organic Ingredient *Also known as lemon bioflavonoids.

I have very acne-prone sensitive skin. I had been using this stuff for maybe a week or two and I loved it, it made my skin soft and pretty clear, and didn't irritate my skin at all. But then, this morning when I went to use it, it caused by face to burn so bad and turn bright red and I couldn't get it to go away. The only other facial things I use are 100% pure mint white tea to tonique and Alba botanica aloe&agreed tea moisturizer. Now I look and feel like I've got a 2nd degree sunburn on my face. When I used it the other morning it kind of made my face red, but not as much and didn't burn. I used it last night, no problems....I don't know why it would've done that...I'm not allergic to anything as far as I know. :/

It does clean makeup and washable eyemakeup well but all the irritating ingredients makes this product not so good. People think that just because it contains natutral oils and botanicals that it's good for your skin. Fragrant oils such as orange peel oil can cause dermatitis and breakdown collagen production. Fragrance free is always best if possible but if you like this cleanser a lot, it's not that bad as you are rinsing it off.

I posted on here before about how much I liked this in the skincare forum. Little did I know this was the reason my pores were clogged so awfully and my acne flared up. I stopped using this and switched back to cetaphil and my skin cleared up almost immediately. This did help fade my acne marks which is why I liked it so much. I think this would be more ideal for dry or mature skin. Definitely don't use it if you have acne prone skin.

i've been using this for a few weeks and ignorantly did not connect my recent terrible acne breakouts to this product. i'm breaking out as much as i did as a teenager if not worse. do not recommend.

For me, this is a solid, dependable and inexpensive facial cleanser. It didn't do anything spectacular with my skin but it didn't damage it, either.
Pros:
*Scent is wonderful
*Inexpensive (lasted me for several months)
*Didn't leave my face feeling tight post-wash
Cons:
*Doesn't do well in removing traces of makeup
*Doesn't really improve complexion over time
*Sometimes leaves a slight film on face post-wash.
I've actually repurchased this a couple of times but now that I want to try some other brands, I most probably won't repurchase for a long time.

on 9/28/2014 12:38:00 PM

I have combination skin, and very rarely break out with the exception of some blackheads in my t-zone.

First of all, browsing at the drugstore I see an organic face wash for normal to oily skin. Immediately I think NOT heavy, and easy on the skin, because why would someone with normal to oily skin put something heavy on their skin...right?

Well, the product is a gel and does not work into much of a lather. The smell is pleasant, but I didn't really get the feeling of "washing my face" since there was no lather. I decided to use this product only in the morning as I didn't feel it would remove my makeup well.

Also the packaging is lame...you put your hand under the nozzle and squirt and the product projectiles straight out and squirts everywhere.

3 weeks later here I am with a gnarly painful breakout on my cheek- cyst like bumps the size of a pea that have been developing since a couple days after I started using the product. I stopped using the face wash a little over a week ago. I became certain this reaction was from this product after reading a couple other reviews reporting those red break outs that won't come to a head.

SENSITIVE-and even normal skin- users beware. This is the worst reaction I've ever had to a product.

If you like gel cleansers I recommend Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel (soap free but still comes to a lather!). I always try to save money buy finding a dupe but always come running back to it.

on 8/6/2014 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Before the formula changed this product was my HG, now it's my worst nightmare. In the old bottle and formulation it left my skin bright and clean, but now it leaves me red and raw! For those with oily skin this may still be a viable option, but sensitive skinned gals beware! I noticed a few red bumps appear the following morning of using, but I wrote them off as breakthrough pimples. After several days of use there's no denying this face wash is the culprit. Really disappointed because I wanted to love it!

on 6/1/2014 4:00:00 AM

i've been looking for a natural cleanser that would be best for my combination skin. it's been 2 weeks since i bought it and it already lightened my acne scars! i have heard that vitamin C helps in lightening scars/marks. I use this with avalon vitamin C toner which is a bit sticky.. and its moisturizer. the milk cleanser are for normal/combination skin and the gel is for oily skin. hope that helps

HG more affordable cleanser for combination oily skin when I am not using my more expensive ones. It smells like oranges and really helps add firmness to my face. Caution: It may have been reformulated

I love this cleanser. I have combination skin and this product really suits it. First of all, I love the smell. It smells of oranges and I love oranges! Then, I love the fact that I only need a tiny amount to remove make-up and it's one of the very few cleansers that don't irritate my eyes. It's the first time I'm using it but I'll definitely buy it again. Great value for money, too.