MAC 224 Tapered Blending Brush

MAC 224 Tapered Blending Brush
M.A.C. - 224 Tapered Blending Brush

4.4

This brush could be used for loads! Eyeshadow, blending concealer and highlighter!

on 2/10/2018 2:48:00 AM

It's not the softest brush out there, but it's one of my favs, and I reach for it often when I'm looking to diffuse/blend in the crease.. I don't wear too intricate of eye looks, (at my age I find classic looks a lot more flattering)I normally use max of 3 colors, maybe 4 sometimes including an inner corner highlight... This is a staple brush, and I have 3..definitely recommend.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I really enjoy this brush used clean for softening eyeshadow in the socket. Great for creating a diffused look. I also use this for highlighter as it is quite soft when dry and creates a delicate and subtle finish. I also often use it with MAC Fix + and various powder highlighters for a more dramatic effect. I have several of these in my kit that I rotate.

It is good blending brush with natural bristle. It does a good job blending the colours, yet it is not the softest blending blush I own, thus 4/5.

on 4/6/2017 3:26:00 AM

I was in Mac buying new foundation and concealer when the assistant suggested the 224 brush for blending concealer. She said that she personally uses it and finds it best for blending concealer under the eyes - I was sold! I've had this brush now for 6 months and it sheds so much! My face is always covered in hairs which is incredibly annoying, I've got cheaper brushes that don't shed at all so I wouldn't recommend this one considering the high price, I expected better! I know that I don't use it as an eyeshadow blending brush but when a shop assistant raves about it you believe the hype! Definitely won't be spending £20+ on a brush again!

on 3/1/2017 6:51:00 PM

Finally caved in and bought this brush. I think I overhyped it in my mind... or maybe since it first was gushed over, there have been so many improvements in other brushes that it left me underwhelmed. It's not a bad brush by any means... but I literally have an identical brush I bought off Amazon that came in a set that does the exact same thing for about half the price. We will see how long it lasts. Admittedly the Amazon brush has already lasted a year and looks the same as it did... So we shall see.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This is a great MAC classic. It's bigger and fluffier and rounder than the 217. I usually use this in my crease for a diffuse color and the 217 just under or right in the crease for a more targeted placement. The Sigma dupe for this is the E40 which I find to be much larger. I think the Sigma E35 is much more similar to the MAC 224 even though it's white goat hair. 224 is slightly smaller and definitely softer than Sigma. I've had this for years and it looks new. I love MAC quality. I feel they are definitely worth the money.

Great size and shape for applying a transition color, but it's far too scratchy. Applying shadow with it and running it on my eyelid feels like I'm getting stabbed by a hundred little needles. I'm very gentle with my brushes and I have a number of other brushes from MAC that are an absolute delight. But this...this is terrible.

on 4/2/2016 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a decent blending brush. It's bigger then the 217. I like this purely for blending, I don't actually use it for applying colour to my lid. It can be a bit scratchy compared to the 217.

This brush is huge and fluffy but not as soft as the goat hair 217 if I press to hard it gets a little scratchy . But still love this for blending smokey dramatic eyeshadows and using this for concealer and powder for dark cycles, I actually am saving up for another one just for this purpose.
The only cons is they are so expensive and I absolutely hate the damn cheap packaging I am paying 25+ for a brush and can not get box! Or something I usually loveeee MAC boxes and packaging.

Popular Makeup Brushes