MAC Lustre - Honey Lust

MAC Lustre - Honey Lust
Mac's Honey Lust Eye ShadowHoney Lust and Expensive Pink

3.8

I have a fair to light oil olive skin tone. Honey Lust is a nice wash of shimmer and brightens my dark brown eyes. It's a lovely color on it's own but also to layer.

on 7/5/2018 9:52:00 PM

Not the strongest of colour payoffs out there, not really suitable for foiling looks. The colour itself, however, makes up for this (at least in my book). It's a true copper colour, that warm and and almost rose gold appearance, which is very striking when worn. It is a shimmery eyeshadow with finely milled gold pearl, blends easily enough, although you need a decent primer to make this last all day. I've struggled to find an acceptable dupe for this so despite the expense I keep coming back to it. I have hazel eyes and this eyeshadow helps create an all over amber effect, which I like. When borrowed by a friend with blue eyes, this contrasted very well and made her eyes look a very vivid blue, kind of like all those movie posters and trailers that feature blue and orange colour schemes.

This eyeshadow is by no means perfect, considering its less than stellar staying power when used without primer, and it's difficult to get this to look 100% opaque on the eyelids. In all honesty, it's the shade and the finish that draws me to keep re-purchasing this, a copper colour as I said, overlaid with a metallic shimmery pearl. Such a pretty colour!

on 3/5/2018 10:00:00 PM

This one looks very good paired with either a
Warm plum or a earthly colored shadow. It is shimmery but also a neutral, so it is a good option if you want to stand out but not so much. It has good color pay off and it is very blendable, a user friendly eyeshadow.

on 1/9/2017 6:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So I have had Honey Lust on and off for over a decade and it has either been a free gift or part of a palette. I honestly would never have bought it on it's own. The Lustres can be glittery and leave bits of glitter hear and there, some are worse than others. In my novice days this was a bit of a problem. But the Lustres never have been as glitter inducing as say some of the UD shadows can be. So this peachy gold shadow was never at the top of my list even though MAC MUA always recommend it when I am trying to put a quad together. Finally the last palette I bought with this in it was the Burgundy x9 palette. And now I know to pat these shadows on and not drag them across my lid like some other textures. Now, I can see why this shade is such a useful tool. Here are the reasons why I have grown to love Honey Lust:
1) It can be a very soft barely there lid brightener.
2) I also love to use it on the mid center of the lid when doing a darker look to give a highlight there. It is such a wash type shade when applied with gentle patting that it doesn't change the base color much, but gives it a lovely highlight.
3) It seemed like an odd choice for the Burgundy x9 palette from MAC, but it I find myself reaching for it ALL THE TIME to use in the mid lid highlight aspect.

So would I pay $16 for a single, no. Would I buy the $6 refill for this, absolutely!

I am nw20, deep winter, almost black 3n hair, brown eyes

on 1/9/2017 1:47:00 AM

Really pretty on the lid- it's very shimmery, great color payoff, pretty especially during the summer with a tan

on 10/27/2015 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other

If you have blue/green eyes you need this in your life! Four lipsticks because I initially felt a little mislead by this shade - I was looking for a shimmery evening shade really and when I swatched honey lust on my hand it looked perfect for that! However when I got it home I found it was much more subtle and less shimmery than I thought it was... BUT this proved to be a positive because it's actually a very beautiful, very wearable day time shade that I'm now reaching for most days for work. It just brings out my blue eyes a little without being obvious and over done. I will get so much wear out of it. I will also mention that for some reason this one definitely goes on better using your finger rather than a brush

on 6/10/2015 3:07:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Honey Lust is a golden peachy color that has a tiny amount of sparkle/shimmer to it. Love the color because it is warm but not too over the top warm for my complexion. This is actually the color I had hoped all that glitters and honesty would have been. All that glitters is more of a bright orange champagne frosty color that over powers my face and Honesty is a little darker and rosier with small glitter. My favorite way to wear Honey Lust is all over the eye with Soba in the crease. It also looks decent as a wash on the lid for summer.

on 11/19/2014 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I do find the eyeshadow quite patchy compared to other Mac eyeshadow I used in the past. I discovered that the best way to apply this is with your finger or a q-tip. Using it wet is also an other great way to use it.
The way I like to wear honey lust, is paired with a matte eyeshadow. I use a skintone nude color, in my case, I like NYX lap dance. Then apply honey lust over it, very lightly. Add some eyeliner and mascara, with a bit of highlighter on the browbone and inner corner. Its perfect for day time and it really makes my eyes pop. Perfect combo for the summer.

For references, I got honey lust as part of the devilishly dark quad.

This is gorgeous with green eyes and fairer skin. I don't wear it that often, but whenever I do I wonder why this color often slips my mind! It's great! Recommended.

My favourite shadow!! I've been using this shadow for about 7 years. I never go without it. If I'm going to wear only one shadow on my lid this is it! I can wear it alone or pair it with bronze for a bronzy smoky look. When wearing this alone I often apply it upwards and past my lid towards to outer 3rd of my brow, looks fantastic in pictures too! With that being said, ill say it Tends to look even better on me when I'm tanned so although i think this could compliment almost anyone, I do think that this is very much suited for tanned or olive complexions.