MAC Lustre - Honey Lust

Mac's Honey Lust Eye ShadowHoney Lust and Expensive Pink

3.8

on 1/9/2017 6:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So I have had Honey Lust on and off for over a decade and it has either been a free gift or part of a palette. I honestly would never have bought it on it's own. The Lustres can be glittery and leave bits of glitter hear and there, some are worse than others. In my novice days this was a bit of a problem. But the Lustres never have been as glitter inducing as say some of the UD shadows can be. So this peachy gold shadow was never at the top of my list even though MAC MUA always recommend it when I am trying to put a quad together. Finally the last palette I bought with this in it was the Burgundy x9 palette. And now I know to pat these shadows on and not drag them across my lid like some other textures. Now, I can see why this shade is such a useful tool. Here are the reasons why I have grown to love Honey Lust:
1) It can be a very soft barely there lid brightener.
2) I also love to use it on the mid center of the lid when doing a darker look to give a highlight there. It is such a wash type shade when applied with gentle patting that it doesn't change the base color much, but gives it a lovely highlight.
3) It seemed like an odd choice for the Burgundy x9 palette from MAC, but it I find myself reaching for it ALL THE TIME to use in the mid lid highlight aspect.

So would I pay $16 for a single, no. Would I buy the $6 refill for this, absolutely!

I am nw20, deep winter, almost black 3n hair, brown eyes

on 1/9/2017 1:47:00 AM

Really pretty on the lid- it's very shimmery, great color payoff, pretty especially during the summer with a tan

on 10/27/2015 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other

If you have blue/green eyes you need this in your life! Four lipsticks because I initially felt a little mislead by this shade - I was looking for a shimmery evening shade really and when I swatched honey lust on my hand it looked perfect for that! However when I got it home I found it was much more subtle and less shimmery than I thought it was... BUT this proved to be a positive because it's actually a very beautiful, very wearable day time shade that I'm now reaching for most days for work. It just brings out my blue eyes a little without being obvious and over done. I will get so much wear out of it. I will also mention that for some reason this one definitely goes on better using your finger rather than a brush

on 6/10/2015 3:07:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Honey Lust is a golden peachy color that has a tiny amount of sparkle/shimmer to it. Love the color because it is warm but not too over the top warm for my complexion. This is actually the color I had hoped all that glitters and honesty would have been. All that glitters is more of a bright orange champagne frosty color that over powers my face and Honesty is a little darker and rosier with small glitter. My favorite way to wear Honey Lust is all over the eye with Soba in the crease. It also looks decent as a wash on the lid for summer.

on 11/19/2014 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I do find the eyeshadow quite patchy compared to other Mac eyeshadow I used in the past. I discovered that the best way to apply this is with your finger or a q-tip. Using it wet is also an other great way to use it.
The way I like to wear honey lust, is paired with a matte eyeshadow. I use a skintone nude color, in my case, I like NYX lap dance. Then apply honey lust over it, very lightly. Add some eyeliner and mascara, with a bit of highlighter on the browbone and inner corner. Its perfect for day time and it really makes my eyes pop. Perfect combo for the summer.

For references, I got honey lust as part of the devilishly dark quad.

This is gorgeous with green eyes and fairer skin. I don't wear it that often, but whenever I do I wonder why this color often slips my mind! It's great! Recommended.

My favourite shadow!! I've been using this shadow for about 7 years. I never go without it. If I'm going to wear only one shadow on my lid this is it! I can wear it alone or pair it with bronze for a bronzy smoky look. When wearing this alone I often apply it upwards and past my lid towards to outer 3rd of my brow, looks fantastic in pictures too! With that being said, ill say it Tends to look even better on me when I'm tanned so although i think this could compliment almost anyone, I do think that this is very much suited for tanned or olive complexions.

on 1/14/2014 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I can't understand the negative reviews of this eyeshadow. Honey lust was the first MAC product I got, and even though I have enough make up for a small country this is probably the only product I would give 5 lippies without having to think about it. Even though it's a warm toned eyeshadow, I still love it on my very cool skin as it brings out my blue eyes. The colour is a delicious peachy gold, and it goes on as a subtle glimmering sheen (but I don't find it too glittery, there's no chunks.) It can be easily built up to a more orangey gold with sparkle.
I also don't have any problems with fallout, and I often wear this without a base. It's one shadow I always apply with fingers, and I find it goes on easilyand stays put. It's lovely as a simple wash of colour. I will repurchase this every time I run out.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is a nice rose/peach/gold shimmer. I'm not having any of the issues some posters are having with this shade. I experience zero fall out or glittery appearance. I pat it on with my brush and it adheres nicely on the lid. Paired with mulch in my crease & outer- v, line my top and bottom lids with MAC teddy kohl pencil and I have a nice everyday look. This NC45 beauty wil definitely repurchase once I hit pan on this.

This product comes in a single pot with a decent amount of product in it. The color, honey lust has goldish and coppery undertones and is highly pigmented. Glides great onto the lids and with a primer, (I use nyx eyeshadow base) it has great staying power. This color is very workable and looks good all by itself or with earthy tones, neutrals, peaches, mossy greens and darks for a smoked out look. I don't regularly purchase MAC prodcuts because they aren't in my budget but this is a great color with great quality.