REVLON ColorStay Under Eye Concealer

REVLON ColorStay Under Eye Concealer
ColorStay Under Eye ConcealerColorStay Under Eye Concealer

3.5

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.4%), Zinc Oxide (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Phenyltrimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Polyisobutene, Magnesium Sulfate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Bisabolol, Serica Poudre de Soie (Silk Powder), Serica Soie (Silk), Alumina, Trisiloxane, Methicone, Silica, Polyethylene, PEG/PPG 20/15 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 80, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isohexadecane, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 8/13/2018 7:30:00 PM

I bought this in the lightest shade, and was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't actually too dark on me (this is not usual - my skin is very fair.) It has a cooler undertone and sits well under or over foundation, and does hold well with powder and/or fixing spray. Unfortunately, it does settle into creases around the eyes and the texture is quite oily and it slips about until it sets. If you're on a budget, I would recommend this - but Makeup Academy does an even cheaper version that is just as good, if not better, than this product.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff made me breakout where ever I used it. not to mention that it burned every time I used it.

on 6/16/2017 6:47:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I liked this product, but I suddenly developed severe burning and facial itching, each time I applied it. Does anyone have a clue as to which of these listed ingredients 9Ingredients: Water, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glycerin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Trisiloxane, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Boron Nitride, Bis-Peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Tribehenin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Salicylic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Serica ((Silk) Soie), Alumina, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Isododecane, Methicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethiconol, Dimethicone/Silsequioxane Copolymer, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Silica, Cyclodextrin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Hexylene Glycol, Tetrasodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol. May Contain [+/-: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, 77492, 77499), Zinc Oxide (Ci 77947)].) MIGHT be the culprit as I really need a concealer? Right now I am using an ancient tube by Charles of the Ritz, which is actually very nice and working very well, but they went out of business in 2002.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I quite like this for my under eye area. It's fairly thin in consistency, but it's got a good amount of pigment to it. On days where I'm wearing a fuller face of makeup, I'll usually pair this with a color corrector but I can also use this just fine without one on those days and when I'm not wearing as much makeup. This doesn't break down too fast at all, and it doesn't look too heavy under my eyes.

I don't love the packaging for this; you don't get a whole lot of product which isn't that big of a deal because a little does go a long way but the twist up portion stops before you use up all the product so I've had to pull the applicator tip off to reach the rest of the product with a brush. Pulling the applicator tip off then putting it back on wasn't hard, but it was a bit of an extra step I don't love taking the time to do when I don't have a ton of time to get ready.

on 1/20/2016 7:31:00 AM

i have SUCH a love/hate relationship with this concealer and it makes me so sad because it has so much potential but the packaging RUINS it.

i bought this product because by some divine miracle it was on sale for $AUD6 at myer (usually it's $AUD27) and it's the first concealer i've found for less than $AUD40 that is actually pale enough for me (i'm a 110 in the maybelline fit me poreless range). it definitely won't give you full coverage but i find it great for low-key makeup days. it wears nicely throughout the day, isn't too drying or oily, doesn't really sink into fine lines if you set it with a powder (which you always should) and requires minimal touching up. overall, nice stuff.

however.

i have literally never experienced a worse applicator in my life.

in an ideal world, you would just twist the twisty bit at the bottom and a bit of product would appear on the sponge tip and away you go. now, the more you twist the bottom, the emptier the centre compartment becomes as the concealer is pushed up through the applicator. upon opening, i had to keep on twisting until the middle compartment was HALF EMPTY before any product appeared on the applicator tip, and when it did, it all squirted out at once and went everywhere.

i'm going to assume that the remaining half of the concealer is just sitting inside the applicator, and hasn't just disappeared or been stolen by the concealer fairies. for some reason it still takes at least ten twists for any product to appear on the applicator, and when it does, it comes out in one huge squirt and i end up wasting heaps. there's no way to tell when the product is going to come out or how much of it will be released so you're pretty much guaranteed to waste a whole bunch or spend half an hour getting the right amount of product. i hoped i just got a dodgy one-off product but the reviews are all the same!

i quite like the concealer itself but the packaging makes me never want to touch this stuff again; the fact that revlon can charge $AUD27 for it is pretty shocking. if you're prepared to spend that sort of money on concealer, you might as well save another $5 and get a MAC one tbh.

pros:
- suitable for very fair skin
- sheer coverage is good for low-key makeup days
- wears nicely when set with a powder

cons:
- literally the stupidest method of application ever
- stupid method means you will probably waste a bunch of product
- stupid method means it's ridiculously overpriced
- honestly i am in such a perpetual state of ???? when trying to apply this

on 6/30/2015 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

My very favorite concealer because the shade medium matches my skin perfectly. I can wear this concealer and skip foundation as it blends well and does not look patchy on my skin. It does not fade or melt either Once it is dry, I use a bronzer and Viola! My skin can be acne prone with other products but this one has never caused any problems. I am not thrilled by the applicator but it does the job. Highly recommended for oily skin!

I'm a makeup junkie,i love the colourstay foundation i use it over my other high end foundations… its amazing, which is why i expected this concealer to be amazing, i bought the shade fair hoping it would work to conceal and brighten my under eyes, it just didn't. i was expecting great things from this concealer and was extremely disappointed, especially because i love revlon as a brand. this just didn't work for me and i will not be using it over my other concealers .

I have genetic under eye circles - the bad kind - when everyone always says how tired you look and asks if you're ok, despite you having had 10 hours sleep the night before and feel great. ha ha ha yup they're that bad. Otherwise: skin normal/dry, age 25, light/medium

So I have tried A LOT of concealers. I must say that this is a really good under eye dark circle concealer.

Pros:
- The texture is creamy - so it smooths and blends well, and it doesn't settle into fine lines too much (lets be honest, with all concealers there is always some settling into fine lines).
- It has good staying power. The only time I have needed to re-apply once is when I'm on night shifts, otherwise it lasts the whole day.
- colour match to skin is great - I prefer using a medium/light concealer range, as I find this counters the dark circles a lot better
- Works well with any foundations. (Though I use the colourstay liquid foundation - and highly recommend this too)

Cons:
- haven't thought of any yet

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I really dislike this version of the colorstay concealer.
I am a big fan of the original in a tube with doe foot applicator but this one just looked terrible on the skin.
It looked crepey and the colors were not very natural looking.

I always go back to this when i need to know my concealer isnt going anywhere for the day. It hasn't failed me yet,and I always rebuy.
THAT BEING SAID...
It's certainly in NO WAY moisturizing. If you are 40+, i would reccomend using this sparingly, as it can look dull.
As with all these color stay products, you have to be really fast. No hesitating or letting it sit.

I would say i use this the most around my mouth, and nose to take down redness for the day without adding a whole face of base. Also it really helps around the lips to set lipstick parameters.