Jordana Matte Lipstick

4.5

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Propylene Glycol Myristyl Ether Acetate, Cetyl Acetate, Talc, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Ozokerite, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax (Candelilla Cera), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Cera Carnauba), Synthetic Beeswax, Fragrance (Parfum), Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Lanolin, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol, Alumina, Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891). +/-May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850),Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 21 Lake (CI 45380), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200),Red 36 (CI 12085), Orange 5 Lake (CI 45370).

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

These lipsticks are amazing for the price. I have several, and they're all quite lovely. They have a weird fake fruit smell, but it isn't too strong or overwhelming. The wear is nice and they feel comfortable on the lips; I don't find them to be drying at all, and the pigmentation is great. These lipsticks are usually a dollar or two, so I highly recommend picking up a few in fun or unusual-for-you colors.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I own this lipstick in one shade currently (will update if I get more) - Tangerine Tango.

This is a vibrant, fully saturated orange that leans red. The formula feels similar to Wet n' Wild's MegaLast line - thick, creamy, and opaque, but in a traditional bullet shape. The packaging is likewise also crappy - bullet sticks up and the kid can be loose and wobbly on the base.

I really like this - it stays where you put it, but it does wear off if you eat oily food etc. No white base/flake accentuating/lip crease settling. It does get thick/waxy near the inner part of the lip.

The down side is that it does have
a burning sensation when I apply it. It does disappear after five minutes or so. I'm interested to see if all the colors in this line have the burning feeling.

I always have to judge if I want to handle the burn before deciding to wear this. I tend to often reach for a non-burning orange lip like Orange from Jordana's regular line or Purty Perssimon from WnW. Because of this I doubt I'll ever finish this one and therefore I won't need to repurchase.

I have tried several of the regular Jordana lipsticks, but am new to the matte ones. I have only just recently gotten into matte shades. I picked up Nude recently which is almost exact to Natural from the regular line. I like the color and for the price the lipstick is nice. The packaging is pretty basic but it doesn't bother me, it kind of reminds me Tof the old Wet N Wild lipstick packaging from the late 80's/early 90's. The only potential issue is durability if the product were to be dropped, would it withstand or would it break, etc.

I don't find this lipstick to be drying, but I always put a balm underneath any lip product I put on, just a habit of mine I guess so that likely helps. I would call it a nude with some peach in it, I find it to be similar to Wet N Wild Bare it All but a touch lighter and maybe a little less peach than that one.

Would I purchase again? Yes, I think I would though I am not sure I need both this color and Natural from the regular lipstick line as they are nearly identical. But for around $2 each my bank account isn't going to suffer.

Overall, I give these 4 stars, and I would recommend them. The trick is finding the shades that work for you.

The lipsticks have some nice shades and color lasts overnight. Comfortable feel. Price is great too.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Jordana, despite your 1980's gold packaging, your lipstick is right on time. Several of these that I have tried are dead ringers for some of my MAC shades - and texture is spot on too. Great wear, easy to apply or build up/layer. I can't think of a better way to spend a couple of bucks, just wish these were easier to get in Canada. The tubes are a bit flimsy and I have had one bust open, so I McGyver'd it with tape until I could get it safely into a pill box. But I also understand that if the tubes were heftier, the price would likely go up. Jordana's Modern Mattes are dope also, but with a bit sleeker and sexier packaging. Fave everyday shades include: Natural, Pink Passion, Classic Nude and Taupe.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love a good red lip, in fact it's now a staple in my everyday ritual but let me tell you that finding the one that is not only wearable but long lasting with a great color payoff and does not break the bank, it's like winning the lipstick jackpot. I own three shades of the matte reds: Rouge, Scarlet Red and Hot Kiss. Rouge is a blue based red, Scarlet Red is a more neutral red, it is warmer than Rouge and then there is Hot Kiss. I feel like this is somewhat rare to come by, it might be new or maybe I just discovered it. It is a vibrant orange based red. Now all of these have a scent to them that I find pleasant. Rouge has somewhat of a fruity scent like cherries, while Scarlet Red and Hot Kiss smell like some sort of vanilla. They all apply well, Rouge feels a tad drier than the others but still creamy. They do last if not eating greasy foods or drinking without a straw but I feel they work best with the Jordana lipliner. I will usually fill in the entire lip with the lipliner called Plush Plum which is a berry red with a hint of brown then apply whichever shade I'm in the mood for. The color is to die for but still bit too creamy for my taste, so I blot off the excess with some tissue and end with a matte silky feel. It's not fully transfer proof mind you and you will have to reapply sometimes throughout the day but they're not overly drying plus they wear off more like stain.The packaging could be better but honestly I'm not complaining, some might find it tacky but I like the vintage look they were aiming for. Overall, these are great.

Update: I've been recently wearing it without the liner. One thing I noticed was that when drinking it can wear off peeling in the center. However, it held on pretty well while eating despite the oils. It didn't disappear, so you can spread around the left out color with your lips and it'll look ok. Definitely not sandwich proof, but then again most lipsticks aren't.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Matte Bare is a fantastic my MLBB shade. The matte texture doesn't dry out my lips and if you want, place NYX Fortune Cookie Butter Gloss on top and you'd be in the game!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

These are my favorite lipsticks from both the drugstore and high end. The staying power is incredible. They go on so smoothly and are completely matte. At least most of them are. Some of them are creamier than others and more satin-y. I just blot them with paper towels to make them more matte. I don't like the vanilla-ish smell they have (similar to MAC lipsticks). But it has grown on me.They are some of the most transfer-proof lipsticks out there. Yes, they do transfer, but a lot less than any other lipstick. Some of my favorites at the moment are taupe, terra cotta, natural, eggplant and mystery. I feel that Jordana lipsticks are some of the most underrated lipsticks out there. This is the one I wear on most days. Overall, I cannot rave about these enough! Definitely give them a try!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a nice lipstick, especially for the price. I have the color pink passion, which is a medium rosy shade that works well with my light complexion and is a mlbbb shade for me, which I really like. It has a semi matte finish, not a truly flat matte finish, which is fine for me because it's not as drying as a true matte. It does last quite a while on the lips once it sets, which takes a few minutes. The only complaint I have is that I wish it was more of a bullet shape like they were originally rather than a flat shape, like they are now. I also have one of the new colors, I forget which one, and it's in a flat shape and I don't like it as well as the traditional bullet shape lipsticks. But that's my only complaint. The color pink passion has been discontinued I think, which is too bad because I really do like the shade. Isn't that the way of all things though? I do like the finish even though it's not what I would call a true matte. But the price of this lipstick is great and the product itself is as good as many high ends brands. It's great to find a drugstore gem hidden among all the frogs, lol! I definitely recommend this product.

Just recently discovered these lipsticks and I love them SO much. If you're considering buying one or more, go for it! These are so inexpensive I really didn't think they would be any good at all, but I was so wrong. I have them in the shades "Blushed", "Classic Nude" and "Taupe". I love them all. On me, "Blushed" is a perfect mid-toned pink. For reference, I'm around NW15 with pink undertones. My favourite of them all is "Classic Nude". It's far from a nude on me, and really reminds me of Mac "Mehr" and "Twig". Using Mac "Soar" lip liner works perfect with it. It's basically a browny pinky red. Next is "Taupe". This shade reminds me a little bit of "Classic Nude", but it's a brown with no pink or red in it. I also like to pair this with the Mac "Soar" lip liner, it gives me a really dark browny red lip, similar to Mac "Whirl", just darker.
I have nothing to say about the texture or feel of these lipsticks, simply because I love it. Literally the only thing I would change about these is the packaging. It's not the prettiest. But who cares about the packaging when the product is fantastic? I don't!

(Sorry for mentioning Mac a lot, but I know there are a ton of Mac swatches online so you can really get a sense of how the colours are like in real life and how they look like on someone with my skintone.)