Jordana Matte Lipstick

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Propylene Glycol Myristyl Ether Acetate, Cetyl Acetate, Talc, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Ozokerite, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax (Candelilla Cera), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Cera Carnauba), Synthetic Beeswax, Fragrance (Parfum), Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Lanolin, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol, Alumina, Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891). +/-May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850),Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 21 Lake (CI 45380), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200),Red 36 (CI 12085), Orange 5 Lake (CI 45370).

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love a good red lip, in fact it's now a staple in my everyday ritual but let me tell you that finding the one that is not only wearable but long lasting with a great color payoff and does not break the bank, it's like winning the lipstick jackpot. I own three shades of the matte reds: Rouge, Scarlet Red and Hot Kiss. Rouge is a blue based red, Scarlet Red is a more neutral red, it is warmer than Rouge and then there is Hot Kiss. I feel like this is somewhat rare to come by, it might be new or maybe I just discovered it. It is a vibrant orange based red. Now all of these have a scent to them that I find pleasant. Rouge has somewhat of a fruity scent like cherries, while Scarlet Red and Hot Kiss smell like some sort of vanilla. They all apply well, Rouge feels a tad drier than the others but still creamy. They do last if not eating greasy foods or drinking without a straw but I feel they work best with the Jordana lipliner. I will usually fill in the entire lip with the lipliner called Plush Plum which is a berry red with a hint of brown then apply whichever shade I'm in the mood for. The color is to die for but still bit too creamy for my taste, so I blot off the excess with some tissue and end with a matte silky feel. It's not fully transfer proof mind you and you will have to reapply sometimes throughout the day but they're not overly drying plus they wear off more like stain.The packaging could be better but honestly I'm not complaining, some might find it tacky but I like the vintage look they were aiming for. Overall, these are great.

Update: I've been recently wearing it without the liner. One thing I noticed was that when drinking it can wear off peeling in the center. However, it held on pretty well while eating despite the oils. It didn't disappear, so you can spread around the left out color with your lips and it'll look ok. Definitely not sandwich proof, but then again most lipsticks aren't.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Matte Bare is a fantastic my MLBB shade. The matte texture doesn't dry out my lips and if you want, place NYX Fortune Cookie Butter Gloss on top and you'd be in the game!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

These are my favorite lipsticks from both the drugstore and high end. The staying power is incredible. They go on so smoothly and are completely matte. At least most of them are. Some of them are creamier than others and more satin-y. I just blot them with paper towels to make them more matte. I don't like the vanilla-ish smell they have (similar to MAC lipsticks). But it has grown on me.They are some of the most transfer-proof lipsticks out there. Yes, they do transfer, but a lot less than any other lipstick. Some of my favorites at the moment are taupe, terra cotta, natural, eggplant and mystery. I feel that Jordana lipsticks are some of the most underrated lipsticks out there. This is the one I wear on most days. Overall, I cannot rave about these enough! Definitely give them a try!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a nice lipstick, especially for the price. I have the color pink passion, which is a medium rosy shade that works well with my light complexion and is a mlbbb shade for me, which I really like. It has a semi matte finish, not a truly flat matte finish, which is fine for me because it's not as drying as a true matte. It does last quite a while on the lips once it sets, which takes a few minutes. The only complaint I have is that I wish it was more of a bullet shape like they were originally rather than a flat shape, like they are now. I also have one of the new colors, I forget which one, and it's in a flat shape and I don't like it as well as the traditional bullet shape lipsticks. But that's my only complaint. The color pink passion has been discontinued I think, which is too bad because I really do like the shade. Isn't that the way of all things though? I do like the finish even though it's not what I would call a true matte. But the price of this lipstick is great and the product itself is as good as many high ends brands. It's great to find a drugstore gem hidden among all the frogs, lol! I definitely recommend this product.

Just recently discovered these lipsticks and I love them SO much. If you're considering buying one or more, go for it! These are so inexpensive I really didn't think they would be any good at all, but I was so wrong. I have them in the shades "Blushed", "Classic Nude" and "Taupe". I love them all. On me, "Blushed" is a perfect mid-toned pink. For reference, I'm around NW15 with pink undertones. My favourite of them all is "Classic Nude". It's far from a nude on me, and really reminds me of Mac "Mehr" and "Twig". Using Mac "Soar" lip liner works perfect with it. It's basically a browny pinky red. Next is "Taupe". This shade reminds me a little bit of "Classic Nude", but it's a brown with no pink or red in it. I also like to pair this with the Mac "Soar" lip liner, it gives me a really dark browny red lip, similar to Mac "Whirl", just darker.
I have nothing to say about the texture or feel of these lipsticks, simply because I love it. Literally the only thing I would change about these is the packaging. It's not the prettiest. But who cares about the packaging when the product is fantastic? I don't!

(Sorry for mentioning Mac a lot, but I know there are a ton of Mac swatches online so you can really get a sense of how the colours are like in real life and how they look like on someone with my skintone.)

I think the one i bought is very old because it smells like my attic and doesn't apply very easily. It's very dry. I bought the taupe 38 and it's too bad because it looks like a nice nude shade. Sorry to bring down the overall score but it's a zero for me......Oh well!

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I love the Roma shade. This lipstick applies creamy and smooth. I have dark skin (Mary Kay Bronze 8) and the Roma shows up on me as a coppery brown. It works well for a bronze makeup look. The staying power is decent, but nothing to write home about

I have also tried Tangerine Tango (too light/ashy), as well as Brazil (too ashy-looking on my lips).

I *so* wanted to try Eggplant, but Kmart was out and the Jordana site has a high minimum order to qualify for free shipping.

I have this in Matte Popular, which is a straight up bright hot pink. It's a lighter, cool-toned hot pink though, leaning more toward lilac as opposed to fuschia. The shade is really flattering on my medium olive skin, and even though it's really bright and punchy, many folks could def pull this off.

I picked this up for $2.99 and, sorry for the cheese, but color me impressed. It's smooth and creamy to apply and stains the lips like whoa, which is something I like, but good to be aware of if you don't. Application isn't the best - the bullet is one of those imprecise flat incline ones and has a tendency to apply thickly so my trick is to rub-rub-rub it into my lips (which helps the staining) and clean up the edges with a liner. This makes for a nearly bulletproof wear situation. Lasts really well, and fades to a stain which I like to emphasize as the day (or night) goes on by topping with balm or gloss. For a matte, it's only minorly uncomfy. Doesn't settle into lines or emphasize flakes, either! And I am prone to both.

Yeah, it does have that MAC vanilla smell too.

I'm going to try more shades, there's a decent array of interesting ones...have a feeling the lighter ones won't be my bag but who cares at this price?

Par for the course - the packaging blows. You will nick the lipstick, get it on the inside of the cap, possibly make a mess. As Scar from Disney's The Lion King would advise: "Be PrepAAAARED."

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I genuinely believe these are repackaged MAC lipsticks. Same vanilla scent, perfect consistency, but I reckon these last longer.
In NZ I can buy almost 10 Jordana mattes for the price of one MAC lippy- nuff said

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

You can't beat the price on this one. I really love them, and own about 6 colors now. They work better than my MAC lipsticks I own, in my opinion, for two reasons: one being they tend to leave a stain on the lips so you don't have to re-apply right away, and two being they dry out my lips less and clump less than other lipsticks I own. I'd argue I don't notice any drying effect at all, but I always prime with a thin layer of chapstick & some lip liner sparingly.

Personally, I've found the darker/brighter/more pigmented lipsticks to be better than the pale shades & nudes. They tend to last longer & need less re-apply. Overall, I'd recommend this product though!