4.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 months ago

I'm not sure if I am correctly reviewing this product, my tube of lipstick says "Modern Matte" and looks nothing like the photo. I purchased shade 03 Matte Frappuccino for $3. I'm a moisturizing lipstick user, so matte is usually not my forte. But, honestly I love the chic look of matte, so I try them anyway. This one for as affordable as it is, is surprisingly good. The color applies evenly and true to the color you see in the tube. The lid clicks into place very well. The packaging isn't embarrassing but is modern and discreet. It feels very creamy, but looks matte. It also stays very well (coffee drinker, smoker) stays where you put it, and fades evenly. The fragrance is that subtle fruit/lipstick smell you remember from childhood makeup, but not in a bad way. No chemical smell or flavor. It's actually nostalgic for me. Sadly, the color selection from Jordana in this particular formula is very limited, like four shades, most I have in other brands already. I wish there were more honestly. The Frapp color is beautiful for fall but a staple nude too in my opinion. Definitely worth the price and checking out if you love matte finish but don't like the dehydration that usually goes with it.

About reviewer (236 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

2 years ago

After much searching for the perfect red lipstick-i finally found "True Red" and "Radiant Red" by Jordan Matte lipsticks. These two colors cost me a whopping $1.99 each in Maui. I discovered it on my honeymoon while realizing I forgot to bring a bright lip color, and went to the local drug store and thought that I should just give it a shot. Wow! The color "True Red" is exactly that-a true red that doesn't lean too cool or warm. Beautiful! So cheap and easy to experiment with different shades. Not every shade was a winner for me-I don't look good in Coral Flame for example-but the reds are beautiful, rich, and saturated. Highly recommended.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

Jordana and I go way back! I met her at a 99cent store in junior high and we have been bffs ever since! I love love love this Matte ???? I discovered it when I was in the 7th grade and I used to rock the gold with the Jordana burgundy lip liner. I am so happy Jordana is still around and have changed their packaging a little and it is still BOMB & inexpensive. Walgreens has a very large selection so head on down!

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairRed

3 years ago

These lipsticks are amazing for the price. I have several, and they're all quite lovely. They have a weird fake fruit smell, but it isn't too strong or overwhelming. The wear is nice and they feel comfortable on the lips; I don't find them to be drying at all, and the pigmentation is great. These lipsticks are usually a dollar or two, so I highly recommend picking up a few in fun or unusual-for-you colors.

About reviewer (564 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

3 years ago

Update: I now own more shades from this line and Tangerine Tango is the only one that burns my lips so far. I will add it's detailed review to an individual listing. Overall? These are nice lipsticks, not quite as good as WnW MegaLast (but those give me cystic lip acne). They are thick, creamy, and mostly opaque (some require a bit of building). These come in lots of colors from muted to incredibly bright. The matte formula isn't quite as good as it's big sister company Milani, but it's worth the $1.66 USD at BeautyJoint for me. Traditional bullet shape, typical cheap/crappy packaging - exposed, wobbly bullet, loose lid. These do have a soft vanilla scent - same as the Milani mattes. I find it inoffensive. I plan on buying more! Lots of fun!

About reviewer (278 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

EyesGray

3 years ago

I have tried several of the regular Jordana lipsticks, but am new to the matte ones. I have only just recently gotten into matte shades. I picked up Nude recently which is almost exact to Natural from the regular line. I like the color and for the price the lipstick is nice. The packaging is pretty basic but it doesn't bother me, it kind of reminds me Tof the old Wet N Wild lipstick packaging from the late 80's/early 90's. The only potential issue is durability if the product were to be dropped, would it withstand or would it break, etc. I don't find this lipstick to be drying, but I always put a balm underneath any lip product I put on, just a habit of mine I guess so that likely helps. I would call it a nude with some peach in it, I find it to be similar to Wet N Wild Bare it All but a touch lighter and maybe a little less peach than that one. Would I purchase again? Yes, I think I would though I am not sure I need both this color and Natural from the regular lipstick line as they are nearly identical. But for around $2 each my bank account isn't going to suffer. Overall, I give these 4 stars, and I would recommend them. The trick is finding the shades that work for you.

About reviewer (168 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesGreen

from

3 years ago

The lipsticks have some nice shades and color lasts overnight. Comfortable feel. Price is great too.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrown

3 years ago

Jordana, despite your 1980's gold packaging, your lipstick is right on time. Several of these that I have tried are dead ringers for some of my MAC shades - and texture is spot on too. Great wear, easy to apply or build up/layer. I can't think of a better way to spend a couple of bucks, just wish these were easier to get in Canada. The tubes are a bit flimsy and I have had one bust open, so I McGyver'd it with tape until I could get it safely into a pill box. But I also understand that if the tubes were heftier, the price would likely go up. Jordana's Modern Mattes are dope also, but with a bit sleeker and sexier packaging. Fave everyday shades include: Natural, Pink Passion, Classic Nude and Taupe.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

3 years ago

I love a good red lip, in fact it's now a staple in my everyday ritual but let me tell you that finding the one that is not only wearable but long lasting with a great color payoff and does not break the bank, it's like winning the lipstick jackpot. I own three shades of the matte reds: Rouge, Scarlet Red and Hot Kiss. Rouge is a blue based red, Scarlet Red is a more neutral red, it is warmer than Rouge and then there is Hot Kiss. I feel like this is somewhat rare to come by, it might be new or maybe I just discovered it. It is a vibrant orange based red. Now all of these have a scent to them that I find pleasant. Rouge has somewhat of a fruity scent like cherries, while Scarlet Red and Hot Kiss smell like some sort of vanilla. They all apply well, Rouge feels a tad drier than the others but still creamy. They do last if not eating greasy foods or drinking without a straw but I feel they work best with the Jordana lipliner. I will usually fill in the entire lip with the lipliner called Plush Plum which is a berry red with a hint of brown then apply whichever shade I'm in the mood for. The color is to die for but still bit too creamy for my taste, so I blot off the excess with some tissue and end with a matte silky feel. It's not fully transfer proof mind you and you will have to reapply sometimes throughout the day but they're not overly drying plus they wear off more like stain.The packaging could be better but honestly I'm not complaining, some might find it tacky but I like the vintage look they were aiming for. Overall, these are great. Update: I've been recently wearing it without the liner. One thing I noticed was that when drinking it can wear off peeling in the center. However, it held on pretty well while eating despite the oils. It didn't disappear, so you can spread around the left out color with your lips and it'll look ok. Definitely not sandwich proof, but then again most lipsticks aren't.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Curly, Medium

3 years ago

Matte Bare is a fantastic my MLBB shade. The matte texture doesn't dry out my lips and if you want, place NYX Fortune Cookie Butter Gloss on top and you'd be in the game!

About reviewer (87 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Medium