Clé de Peau Beauté translucent powder

No Image

4.2

Such a great powder with expensive price!

It gives a very soft and matte finish with no color (although the powder looks pink). It's kind of difficult to find this product as it sold out very quick, so I only got the refill one which is not travel friendly at all, there's no puff and I often messed up with the lid.

This is the only loose powder I want to put on my face. because this is the only product that will not add any color or change your existing makeups. The purpose of loose powder is to set your makeup and make it long lasting. I have tried so many other brands, they all make me feel I add another layer of makeup on top of my makeup, and some of them are really dry.
I heard about this product from some product reviews, so I went to the store and tried it. I was totally satisfied by the result. It did what loose powder suppose to do. The powder is so fine and translucent. It make my makeup stay perfect for a whole day.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Beautiful, silky powder to set your makeup with!

on 12/24/2007 10:25:00 PM

I looked at this based on a mention in vogue. more and more, the idea of a little bit of concealer with a little powder appeals as all one needs to showcase skin for the day. I give this powder 3 lippies because it really does have a wonderful texture, and leaves a great finish on the skin. However, the *translucent* quality is not really there. Or rather, it's there all too much. On my face, which does have a lot of yellow and pink in it so is, admitedly, difficult to match, this powder gave a white kabuki cast to my skin I didn't care for at all. My skin DID look very finely grained and glowing, it's true, but I looked like I needed a ball gown to complete the look. and the price.... yeesh. Even in a crazed shopaholic mode, it would take a lot to get me to plunk down 100 dollars for a bit of powder. Honestly...

on 10/29/2006 12:09:00 AM

I got 1/3 amount of the full size in a swap and I was so happy I tried it!!! Like the previous reviewer says, when I first apply it, my face looks a little bit powdered and not very natural. But after my skin absorbs it, my face looks radiant, immaculate and glowing! Definitely will not dry your skin like some others do. Will buy a full size when I finish it. Perfect!!!

on 2/24/2006 8:40:00 PM

I am a makeup junkie == I've tried every powder ever made and I have to say this is by far the best loose powder on the planet. It is simply exquisite.

on 6/1/2004 8:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I bought the primer and foundation on a recent NYC trip and didn't even think about the powder. After reading reviews here I ordered the powder and despite the high cost, I'm so glad I did! It luminizes the face! It does look pink in the container, as others have said, but it doesn't look pink on the skin, it subtly brightens. There's a mesh screen that just sits on top of the product (like T. LeClerc) which isn't the best way to package powder, imho, but I'd still buy this again. Nice mattifying, brightening powder and it's the most finely milled I've ever seen.

on 1/22/2004 5:26:00 AM

Having read the glowing reviews, I rushed to Harrods to purchase, it is indeed beautifully fine and soft. I applied a tiny bit and brushed it all over my face, found it very drying and had to use a more moist foundation, think I get better results by brushing a Shisheido powder foundation!

on 7/29/2003 9:27:00 PM

The hands down BEST powder I've ever used. Has a non-powdery feeling and look yet sets my makeup so flawlessly it looks like I've been airbrushed. The only thing I didn't like was that the packaging makes it so it could easily escape (caution DO NOT reapply when drinking alcoholic beverages) hehe

on 7/21/2003 9:24:00 AM

This is the worst powder I've ever used. The color is a whitish/ pink & sat on top of my skin making me look shinier than when I put it on! The only thing positive I can say about it is that it's very finely milled. Do NOT buy this unless you can try it first! Fortunately, I had a sample...whew!