Sonia Kashuk Golden Cream Bronzer

Rich Bronze 42

4.3

on 10/30/2016 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This Sonia Kashuk cream bronzer is a great dupe for the Chanel cream bronzer but it borders a bit on the orangey side so it's best for warm skin tones. It blends beautifully and although the color is a bit warm, it works fine for my neutral complexion. I use an IT kabuki bronzer brush to apply it to my cheeks and temples. Then I set it with RCMA No Color Powder. It adds enough color to my face so I don't need to use a separate powder bronzer over it. It also lasts all day, although the intensity does fade slightly by the end of a long day. It goes on like a dream and blends very easily. If you have a darker skin tone, you could use it as cream contour. My foundation and concealer do a great job but my face does look a little flat so adding this cream bronzer is the perfect solution. It looks great even though my skin is rather light (but not fair). It works especially well in the summer when I have a little tan. I see no reason to purchase the Chanel cream bronzer. This Sonia Kashuk product is a perfect dupe in every way. The only negative thing I can say is that it wouldn't be suitable for cool skin tones. But if you're neutral to warm, it's perfect. It definitely gets my highest rating. I highly recommend it.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

HG bronzer! Melts into the skin so naturally. I recommend this to everyone!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been on a bronzer purge lately, weeding out all the bronzers in my stash that are too red/orange/pink, when I happened upon this little guy sitting in my makeup heap. At first glance, I thought for sure that it was going to be too orange and heavy feeling. But when I used it on the pale part of my tan line, I couldn't tell where my bronzer ended and my tan began! If that weren't miraculous enough, the creme transformed into an air light powder while I was blending. And to top it all off, it doesn't contain any shimmer or glitter! I prefer powder bronzers because I can keep them around forever without worrying about them going bad, so I won't repurchase this, but if you're looking for a cream bronzer, this is definitely a good buy.
Note: If you are looking to purchase this, I believe it has been repackaged into a creme bronzer/blush duo.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Why was I not aware of this bronzer's existence before I splurged on the Soleil Tan de Chanel?!!! I picked this up from Target a few days ago and I am very pleased with this bronzer. I purchased this in the "Warm Tan" shade and it is perfect for my medium olive skin. While I do love Chanel's, I find that I have to pack on the product in order to get the color payoff I want. SK's bronzer applies like a dream and provides the color payoff I expect. I apply it with a small stippling brush. If you don't want to splurge on Chanel, this is your dupe!

on 10/3/2014 6:57:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Incredibly pleased with this one! I've been using NARS Laguna for the past 2 years, but needed to try something more affordable. I have fair skin, with a warm undertone. I've always used powders, and was quite nervous to try this one out, but so glad I did! I apply it with the real techniques contour brush to shape my face, and amazing things happen. It's quite subtle, but buildable. I've been pairing it with the Sonia Kashuk cream blush in 'rosey', and I am in love! It's become my HG!! Highly recommend!

on 5/20/2014 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this cream bronzer, the color was perfect and very easy to blend. I have to say I prefer it to my Chanel bronze universal, which is a much thicker formula and harder to blend out, not to mention it's much more affordable.

on 12/24/2004 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

had a hard time blending this into my dry skin as it sets very quickly into powder matte form, making it very obvious that you're wearing a bronzer. The teeny-weeny brush is pretty useless. Looked orange on me and accentuated dry flakes... sigh i had high hopes for this.

on 5/22/2008 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this about a year ago, but didn't get around to reviewing until now, so I'm not sure if it is still for sale. I like it and would repurchase when I run out. I only use a tiny bit each time so I think it will last for ages. I use a MAC foundation brush to apply. I'm really pale and it just gives me a subtle glow and a tiny bit of color. I like that there's no shimmer.

on 12/24/2005 1:22:00 PM

*UPDATE* I tried to use this but I just can't. It made my skin look muddy and flat. I'm giving it to my friend's 10 yr old daughter who likes to play w/ makeup.

This is a cream bronzer with absolutely no shimmer. Now, I am opposed to bronzers with alot of shimmer(they can look greasy on me). But this stuff is flat. If you have dry skin then I can't recommend this. It will magnify every flake. So make sure to apply extra moisturizer when you use this. The color is ok. It did go a little orange on me but that was after hours of wear. The applicator that comes with it is strange and useless. Just use your fingers. The package is beautiful, very mirror-y. I'll use this up but won't repurchase. I like my Neutrogena Healthy Skin bronzer alot better.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This bronzer works great for me! It doesn't cake or leave me looking dirty like powder bronzers do in the heat and humidity. The finish is a light, matte golden brown. I have slightly oily skin so it works great on me, however I would imagine that on dry skin it wouldn't stay on. My only complaint is that it came with a horrible hot pink cream blush, and I'd rather they gave you more of the bronzer and none of the ugly blush since I paid about 13 bucks and you don't get a lot of bronzer. I don't like that part, but the bronzer works good enough that I'll suck it up and pay for it. I'd buy it again.