Ben Nye Final Seal

Ben Nye Final Seal

4.3

Alcohol Denat, Water, Acrylates/ Octylacrlamide Copolymer, Triethanolamine,Propylene Glycol, Fragrance,Phenoxyethanol, Blue 1.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I'm super oily. Like... Super-duper-look-like-I-just-had-a-chicken-grease-facial oily. And this stuff right here is my JAM! I have severely oily yet dehydrated skin (the dehydration causes my skin to over produce more oil to compensate). I drink a tonne of water and use water based, gel moisturizers which helps control oil to an extent but there's usually no taming it completely... Unless I use this spray.

For day to day makeup, I just eventually give in to my glowiness by the end of the day and accept that I look like a disco ball, but I have also carefully developed a pretty much bullet proof makeup routine for special occasion days when I need my makeup to stay matte and withstand a potential apocalypse. This spray is an essential part of that routine. If you care what the routine is, read on, otherwise skip to the next paragraph... After serums and moisturiser, I use milk of magnesia in my T-zone (controversial, I know, but I've used it for years, only on sporadic bullet proof makeup days, and my skin has never reacted badly to it - plus nothing mattifies quite like it), then a small amount of The Ordinary High Adherence Silicone Primer everywhere else on my face, followed with a light dusting of RCMA No Colour Powder under my Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation (applied with a beauty blender, dampened with this same setting spray). I then set my foundation with another dusting of RCMA NCP and finish with this spray after the rest of my makeup is applied. This may seem like a lot of steps but the way I see it is if you're gonna go to the trouble of doing a fully glam face for a special occasion, you might as well go to the trouble of preserving it so it lasts the whole of the event.

I promise you this method and spray will make your makeup last about 24 hours. No joke. Minimal touch ups required, virtually no oil break through, and no makeup transfer when you blot, touch your face, hug people etc. It stands up to all weather and is waterproof. Ideal for long days at weddings or a day when you're headed straight out after a long work day and will have no time to re-do makeup for the evening. Even if you're a chicken grease face like me.

Tips:
- If you have already dry or sensitive skin, don't touch this stuff with a barge pole. It will be your idea of hell. It will mattify you to the point of sahara dessert dryness and has a minty tingly sensation initially that will likely sting sensitive skin.

- Use a decent moisturiser under your makeup before using this, no matter your skin type, and don't use it every single day. This is only for hard-core long lasting days of makeup and should not be used every day, even on oily skin as it will eventually dehydrate your skin and make your skin over produce more oil to compensate for it. I try not to use this spray more than twice a week.

- Decant it into a different bottle because the sprayer bottle it comes with is less than useless. I'd recommend the skindinavia spray bottles for a good fine mist.

- Be mindful that it may react weirdly with oil based foundations. I find cream and stick foundations sometimes don't play well with this spray (possibly because of their oil content?) I think maybe the alcohol content of the spray breaks it down, but I'm no scientist. All I know is oil free liquid foundations are the way to go.

- Don't over saturate your face with the spray. That will cause a shiny film to be left on your face when it dries. If you do get carried away and find this happens, a gentle dusting of your powder brush on top once it's fully dry (using just the residual product left on your brush and not adding any more) will take away the sheen and any associated tackiness. Let that be a lesson to you!

- Spring for the big bottle. It's so much more cost-effective.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I am pretty desperate for a setting spray that actually works (as in helps keep my makeup on my face and not my shirt and friends), therefore I SO wanted this to work. But there is so much bad about it that the negatives outweigh it's marginal effectiveness.

1) It cuts the coverage of my foundation--VERY noticeably. This is a deal breaker for me. I wear full coverage foundation for a reason. I want something to provide a seal over it, not break it down. I suspect the amount of alcohol is the culprit here.

2) It is highly allergenic to me. So much so that I suspect it would be a problem for quite a few other people. It burns--even over thick foundation. I almost wonder if this is even safe for the skin--it's that bad.

3) It is only marginally effective. If you want to DRY a wet foundation down, it would work. If you want to keep a cream foundation on your face, probably not. It will just break it down. I still had some transfer with a creamy liquid.

4) Yes, good God, the freakin sprayer. Really?! How long has this been around? Make the sprayer at least as good as the one on the bottle I get at Dollar Tree. I don't understand why companies don't get that, for this type of product, the sprayer IS important! I've tried 10 different setting sprays lately, and I swear only 2 of them had decent sprayers!

Rant to be continued, I'm sure...

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I mean, what can I say that hasn't already been said?!! This stuff is amazing and I couldn't wait for shipping so I went to my local theatre/costume shop and sure enough they had it. I don't mind the mouthwash smell, or the slightly stiff face for a minute afterward ( the feeling wears off). It's too good! I was using Wet n Wild face spray and that still nice, but this stuff locks-in my make better. The BEST thing is that it firmly sets my eyebrows in place!!! I'd would but this just for that. I also find that I don't have to reapply my lipstick as often. My pores look small, my skin looks fresh all day, it's a win-win! I will most likely repurchase unless Blue Marble is better. I heard that stuff is amazing, so of course I will have to try it! I'm such a makeup/ product junkie.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

i agree,i love this setting spray but the spray bottle does not spray I though it was the spray nozzle but even when I change the nozzle it still comes out in droplets so I think it the product,so I spray it up in the air n let it desipate in the air n then put my face there as it spreads out or there will be spots/patches all over ur make up.

on 5/20/2017 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Works great! I recently did three shows in a day, all outside. I applied my makeup at 8:30 in the morning and it still looked great at 9 pm for the last show.

I do scrape the outlet before every use and squirt into the sink until the desired spray pattern is achieved.

It stings! I spray with my eyes squinched shut and make sure I have some cardboard nearby. As soon as I spray I fan like crazy and I don't open my eyes until the seal is dry.

I would not use for every day but for performance, I never go without it.

on 5/10/2017 3:40:00 PM

works well. but the spray bottle itself does not spray a fine mist like it should. Instead, sort of like small water droplets, so it does not apply an even coating on your face. That is easily fixable if you order a fine mist spray bottle on Amazon that is meant for perfumes and such.

on 5/5/2017 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I agree with all the good reviews already posted, I just wanted to add that I wipe the nozzle portion of the bottle with an alcohol wipe (the little ones that you can buy at the pharmacy, usually used by diabetics, a couple of dollars for a box of 100) or rubbing alcohol on a cotton pad, before spraying and then after, before replacing the cap. This stops the spray nozzle from clogging up and squirting instead of spraying. goth

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Ordered this product off Amazon after a makeup tutorial I saw on YouTube. I believe it's mainly used for theater, costumed characters etc. Only ordered 1oz just to see the hype. Did full face- primer, foundation, eyeshadow, eyeliner, lipstick. I sprayed about 2-3 mists 8 inches away across my face. Mist is VERY minty so it'll tingle or sting depending on your skin (if it gets on your lips, it'll sting like hell!) It takes awhile to fully dry, I tried to fan my face to hurry it up. Out on a humid day, I perspired am bit, dabbed my face w/a paper towel, a small bit of foundation transfer but nothing else but no transfer on clothing. This product does have tendency to feel sticky on face. I would recommend this product to avid makeup wearers & for special occasions but if you have sensitive skin; handle with caution.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

One of the best setting sprays on the market! I have tried the NYX matte setting spray, ELF setting spray, MAC fix plus, and UD Final Seal, and this product is the only setting spray that truly sets my makeup. I would still get a little bit oily but I have super oily skin. However, my makeup would not transfer and was waterproof! I would pat my skin with a paper towel and there would be no transfer. I wanted to see how it would really work so after a longer day after being out and sweating, I stepped into the shower, wet my face, came out, and patted my skin dry. NO TRANSFER! My face makeup still looked the same but my mascara was all over. This honestly helps my makeup stay on all day and look very fresh.

When you first apply it, be careful not apply it too close because then only parts of your face is set and the rest aren't and it will very noticeable. Once, I applied it too close to the center of my face, and I has small dots of foundations coming off and small dots of foundation that stuck. It would recommend spraying it in the air, then walking into it, spraying it on your beauty blender, or spray it straight up in the air, tilt your head back then wait to let it "fall" on your face. For the price, it is a bargain compared to the $30 UD setting spray. I believe I paid less than $10 at Ricky's.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

BEST EVER!!! Too good not to share' complete life changer!! Holy grail!!!!! Blows Urban Decay!

Popular Primer/ Correctors