Ben Nye Final Seal

Ben Nye Final Seal

4.3

Alcohol Denat, Water, Acrylates/ Octylacrlamide Copolymer, Triethanolamine,Propylene Glycol, Fragrance,Phenoxyethanol, Blue 1.

on 6/15/2016 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I have tried various other makeup sprays before, from both drugstores & Sephora but none of them have worked like Ben Nye's Final Seal Setting Spray. I gave it a chance, ordered a small one on Amazon, & decided to test it on a trip to the lake. I went swimming with a full face of makeup, & nothing budged. I let my face air dry after swimming and it looked like I had never even wet my face. The only thing some people could have a problem with is the scent- it smells super minty, not everybody likes that, as well as the feeling you get when you first mist it on your face. It takes some getting used to because you'll feel sticky after spraying it on but once it's dry the feeling goes away. Aside from those minor things I've realized this is the setting spray for me, & I'm currently ordering a big sized one from Amazon, since I can't really find a store that sells it. I love it so much!

on 6/2/2016 8:53:00 PM

This is a total fail for me. Doesn't seal anything. Sprayed it onto my makeup, went for a slow jog, came home and looked like my face had melted off.

To Read all 112 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/2/2016 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product so much!! Definitely one of the best makeup setting sprays out there. My makeup lasts all day and does not budge. I do get sweaty and a bit oily here and there, but I usually just powder up and I'm fine. I wanted to test how water proof this spray so I stood in the shower for a few seconds then stepped out. I took a piece of tissue and dabbed it all over to dry my face. THERE WAS ALMOST NO MAKEUP ON THE TISSUE!!! I STILL HAD A FULL FACE OF MAKEUP! One downside is the spray bottle. I wouldn't spray it directly onto my face; instead, I would spray it in the air and wait for it to mist down my face. If you spray it too close throughout the day your makeup can look spotty and bad. One time there were small foundation "spots" all over my nose.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is the BEST setting spray. After being told that this is the spray that is used in Disney World by the Disney princess's (who are walking around in full costumes in 90 degree weather) I was like, that stuff has to be pretty amazing. It is!!! You need to go to a costume store or online to order. When you first spray it on your face is smells minty and feels sticky and for a brief moment feels somewhat uncomfortable on your skin. That quickly goes away and you are left with bullet proof makeup.

on 4/23/2016 4:18:00 PM

This stuff really works! It makes your makeup stay put all day... even through sweating. A few points of caution, though:
- I would recommend putting the product in a new bottle. As a lot of others mentioned, it can spray unevenly, and leave you with splotches on your skin a few hours later. Not great.
- Be careful not to rub it off, or scratch. If you do, you'll wind up with a spot you cant even out unless you redo EVERYTHING.

on 3/12/2016 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Used this over moisturiser and my very creamy foundation, bronzer, brows and eyeliner, at 9 am on a hot Caribbean day and then proceeded to:
1. Go supermarket shopping
2. Do some light yard chores
3. Clean my entire house
4. Cook a quick meal
5. Do a sweaty 30 minute workout at home WITH a conditioning treatment in my hair.

My make-up was STILL on. With the exception of my hairline (thanks to the conditioiner). I had sweated and dusted and had steam from the cooker waft over me. My make-up was STILL perfect, until I showered at 7pm. No patches, no breakthrough and my cheeks were still glowing.

I love creamy dewey foundations, and hate having to set them with powder, to prevent slide. This is the perfcet solution. I have tried Urban Decay All Nighter and Sacha Fix-it, both with good results. But this is the Mecca of setting sprays.

on 2/29/2016 9:28:00 AM

The best word I can think of to describe this stuff...caustic.

I don't know what is in this that makes it burn but whatever it is, it makes no sense to put that ingredient into a makeup product that goes on your face and near your eyes. Cripes.

Anyway, this seals relatively well if you can get it on evenly, though it certainly isn't that matte. If you like the soft, blended look of your makeup before you put this on, be prepared for there to be a strange lightly oily sheen over it when you are done spraying. For me, this effect makes me look older. No bueno.

Once it's on, the burning and fumes have to be fanned at, keep your eyes closed and wait for it to dry. If it doesn't smudge what you've already done, you're lucky. You are also lucky if it doesn't get in your eyes and burn the crap out of them, making them water so bad your makeup runs off and you have to pretty much start over.

I've used this a few times now, and I keep thinking that it will work to seal my eyeliner wings if I could just get it applied so it won't go in my eyes. I've worked with a lot of makeup products before, including ones that are difficult or require a deft hand or some skill, and this stuff is just a total pain in the ass. I've tried my fingers, a Qtip, the end of the sprayer tube, it's just not worth it. It seals but it doesn't really last all day, that is IF you can get it on where you didn't burn the $#it out of your face and eyes and smear the work you already did. IF you manage to get the look you want, you will get maybe another two or three hours out of your eyeliner wings than you would if you just skipped it.

The only other makeup sealer I've ever used was ELF, didn't love it, Ben Nye was #2 I tried so I guess I'll be moving on to a different product.

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

As someone with oily/combination skin, I'm always on the lookout for products to improve the longevity of my makeup. This stuff is remarkable in that it really does help "seal" the makeup on my face and prevents transferring. You only need a few sprays and that's it...your makeup should be locked for the day. It's feels almost like a dry mist on my face, not wet at all, and the smell is tolerable (like spearmint and alcohol). My 2oz bottle has lasted me many months, but I already repurchased my backup. I don't ever want to be without this stuff!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I used to love this stuff over four years ago, it blew my mind and absolutely trumped any other setting spray for me. For some reason, it no longer works as well as the very first bottle I got. Once I got the 2nd bottle, it was like a different product. So either they reformulated it around late 2011 or my skin changed completely from then, which I don't believe to be the case. I've been through a total of 3 bottles and both of the last two were not as good. Yes, it makes your makeup last a lot longer but not as long as I remember. It leaves a kind of sheen on your skin that takes away the matte look, emphasizes pores and makes you look a little oily. I never like the way my makeup looks after I spray this on. It feels quite drying and uncomfortable on yet it's not very good at controlling oil. I speculate that this also breaks me out now. It has a cooling, menthol-sensation and smells like mouthwash so that's probably what irritates my skin. Overall, I much prefer Model in a Bottle to this now. That one has a better finish, more oil control and in my opinion is just as longwearing or even more so than Final Seal. Even though this does make your makeup more waterproof and rub-resistant than without, the unflattering finish it gives is not worth it. Wouldn't repurchase.

on 7/20/2015 3:19:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I purchased this product to use for an outdoor show where I had to wear heavy stage makeup. The temperature was 90* and above every day, and I had cream and powder products on my face that I needed to stay and not melt/sweat off. For this purpose, this setting spray did about as well as it could do, I suppose. I could still touch my face and get makeup on it, and I could've stood a few touch ups throughout the show. Nonetheless, the makeup I was wearing stayed bright and didn't run down my face as I sweat, so that was a big plus.
When spraying this on, I recommend closing your eyes (duh) and spraying several inches away from the face, then waiting for it to dry before opening your eyes again. Some of my friends said that it stung a little bit upon application, while I experienced a minty feel. This does leave your face a bit sticky at first, and I would not recommend spraying this after applying false lashes, as they very well might stick together.
I have not tried using this with my every day makeup, but I imagine it would work pretty well for that. I will try it and report back.

EDIT 8/22/15:
I tried this with my every day makeup the other day. When I spritzed it on my face, it felt like the nozzle might have been clogged a bit. The result was a larger amount of product on my face instead of a light mist. Nonetheless, I let it dry and went about my day. Half way through the day I looked in the mirror and saw ALL THE SPOTS where Final Seal had landed on my face. I looked very blotchy and dried out. I had to remove all of my makeup to fix it. This might have completely been operator error, but I need to figure out how to return this product to spraying a fine mist before I ever use it again. Beware!

Popular Other Products