Blistex Complete Moisture Lip Balm

Blistex Complete Moisture Lip Balm

3.5

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredients: Dimethicone (2.0% Skin Protectant), Octylmethoxycinnamate (7.5% Sunscreen), Oxybenzone (2.5% Sunscreen) Inactive Ingredients: Behenoyl Stearic Acid, Butylparaben, Capric/Caprylic Stearic Triglyceride, Cholesteryl/Behenyl/Octyldodecyl/Lauroyl Glutamate, Dioctyl Adipate, Ethylparaben, Flavor, Glycerin, Jojoba Esters, Lecithin, Methylparaben, Microcrystalline Wax, Octyl Palmitate, Octyl Stearate, Ozokerite, Panthenol, Petrolatum, Propylparaben, Water (Purified), Sodium Borate, Sodium Saccharin, Squalane

on 12/10/2017 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Very odd texture. It melts on lips into a thin oily film. It's not a nice emollient coated feeling like the other Blistex balms. It also tastes awful if you get a tiny bit in your mouth - like sunscreen. Overall I wouldn't purchase again - there are other Blistex balms with SPF out there that have a better texture and do not taste like sunscreen.

on 9/4/2017 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I've tried a lot of lip balms in my life and this is one of the worst ones ever. It smells like sunscreen which is not an issue if it wasn't for a lip balm because I've used others in the past that had SPF in it and they gave off no sunscreen smell. It is not moisturizing (more like dry when applied) and it leaves a sticky mess which is not pretty. Unfortunately, I bought a pack of two and that was a big mistake >=(

The big FAT CON > All listed all up there ^.

This is an alright lip balm. I especially liked it in the beginning when I first got it. It left my lips feeling soft and hydrated. but as I continued using it, I began noticing that the texture was becoming kind of sticky and not that moisturizing.

I have been using blistex since I was a teenager and have found it to be a great product.
I tried other lip balms, but only medicated blistex worked for me. I ski, and am outdoors much of my time.
I also use blistex on dry skin that will not heal on my face. It heals any cracked skin around my nose and keeps my face hydrated. I use blistex overnight for problem areas and it works!
Other face hydration products do not penetrate and clear the dry skin..
Blistex needs to make a product especially for dry skin on the face

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Not much to say, just great lip balm!
Ive been getting cold sores often from like forever. This actually prevents them.
It tastes like fruitloops!!!

on 10/30/2013 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Used it twice in one day. My lips peeled , and i had a few pimples on my lips after the lip balm worn off. Must have been an allergic reaction.

on 9/12/2013 11:12:00 PM

Not good. :( I like how it feels when first going on, but then it seems to evaporate immediately? It certainly isn't soaking in, because it leaves my lips dry and far from smooth. Too bad. I like the packaging.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is the most amazing balm I have ever used. I love trying new products, and am especially drawn to lip products in particular (even though my bf adamantly objects). After trying a multitude of balms and moisturizers (way to much) i developed a strange dryness towards the inside of my lips that wouldn't go away no matter what i use. My old favorite minted rose balm only seemed to make my lips worse and was way too shiny for my liking. One day i stumbled across this balm in target. Remembering how much i liked this balm when it first came out, i purchased this. Much to my surprise this cured my lips right up within a day. it did not have a sunscreen taste (which it did when it first came onto the market) and tasted of lemons (similar to fresh except sweeter and without a pledge smell) and has a good spf value of 15. It has a thin consistency which i like and is not overly shiny and very wearable for work. It keeps my lips soft and chapped free even after it has worn off, and i am never left with dry of tight feeling lips. i simply love this balm, though it can get pricy in some places i bought it for about $1.50, but i am willing to spend $20+ on this miracle in a tube. Since buying this balm a year ago, i have used nothing but this. I will always have one (or five) on hand just to make sure i always have comfy lips.

on 7/26/2013 4:52:00 PM

Ok, here's what's happening...
I've gotten 3 cold sores within a years time (August 2012, May 2013, July 2013) I'm gonna guess it's no coincidence that they all occurred during the summer. The sun triggers them.

The only reason I'm using this chapstick & will repurchase is because I need to protect my lips. The only good thing about this is the spf.

The smell is like that of mountain dew! (That might be good or bad that's entirely up to you) personally I don't like the feeling of sticky soda residue lingering on my lips.

Pro-spf 15
Cons-
It goes away very quickly so you need to reapply frequently.
It feels heavy.
It made my lips peel.

on 6/23/2013 11:54:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I would most definitely repurchase this product. I don't know what others are talking about when they say they don't like it. I use this product almost daily and repurchased a few times. It smells good and has an orangey citrusy undertone if that makes any sense. I like the taste and my boyfriend does too when he kisses me. Makes my lips feel slick. The moisture absorbs well and will last a long time, that is if I don't like it off first! I like that it is inexpensive, reliable, easy to find, and has SPF! There ya go, ladies and gentlemen, add this to your collection.

Popular Lip Treatments