Estee Lauder Take It Away Total Make Up Remover [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

on 11/27/2014 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

After finishing up this product I can give a fair review and the verdict is..... No thanks. This one missed the mark. Too strong of a fragrance, didn't remove makeup well, irritated my skin. Would not recommend.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have sensitive, easily irritable, acne-prone skin. I have rebought this makeup remover multiple times. The fact that it's nearly $30 after tax and lasts for 3-4 months (with daily makeup use) is remarkable IMO.

I hate using more than one product for and it is the only single product that removes my regular makeup AND waterproof makeup. It is such a shame EL decided to discontinue this product- at least I have an extra bottle to use up as I test out and try new makeup removers.

on 3/5/2014 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

As someone with acne prone skin, the residue this stuff leaves is my biggest concern. It's like a mixture or residual product and the days makeup that won;t come off. Ew. This just seems to spread the makeup around.

Pros:
- Did not irritate my skin

Cons:
- Strong fragrance
- Leaves residue
- Does not effectively remove my foundation
- Does not effectively remove eye makeup
- Each use requires a lot of product'
- It's expensive

on 11/29/2013 7:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

After starting to use Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Serum, I've decided to spend my money to the same brand to get a makeup remover. I've get this item with a miracle expectation. It works well with my face makeup but with waterproof eye makeup ( 2 layers of waterproof eyeliner, 2 layers of waterproof mascara and black eye pencil) ? I don't think so... It takes a lot of product to clean my whole face. Like, at least 3 pumps for my face and 3 additional pumps for my eyes. Also to rinse this product from my eyes was a nightmare, all my fingers coloured black. I needed to use an additional makeup remover towel. Definitely will not buy again.. Let's try to find out another miracle...

on 9/2/2013 5:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love this make up remover! I am Asian with super sensitive, combination and acne-prone skin and I got this with the old design (it was navy blue with gold color wording) sometime last year and I just purchased a new bottle with the current design! If I am not wrong, the old one was called Take It Away Gentle Cleansing Milk.

It takes off my makeup completely if you exclude eye makeup (since I do that before hand) so it is actually very comfortable to put on the face. The scent was milky (the new one has a different scent though) and it was really greasy the first time I used it but later on, I got used to it being greasy because it's supposed to be greasy because it's a cleansing lotion/milk.

I finished my first bottle about a week ago and I freaked out! My face immediately looked worst when I stopped using the cleansing milk.

Definitely a repurchase! x

This is the worst makeup remover ever. Instead of calling it total makeup remover, call it total makeup smear-fest. Meaning it melted my eye makeup and just smeared it into my pores all around my eyes, onto my hands and turned into a sticky, greasy film which proved difficult to remove even with face wash. Did I get a bad tube? It smelled lovely and perfumey but it performed horribly. I prefer Bi-Facil.

on 9/8/2012 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

When I first purchased this product I was not impressed. It takes a lot of it to take off my EL DW and my eye makeup. I had to use another makeup remover and water to finish the job of removing all my makeup. The other thing is it says that its for sensitive skin, well it caused my eyes to puff up and have a bad reaction to the product. I've had this happen before with Olay's makeup remover wipes. So overall I do not enjoy this product and feel that it was a waste of my money.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Gross. Burnt my eyes, took forever to actually remove just a little bit of eyeliner and mascara. Costs way too much, smells so chemical-y. I have nothing good to say about this stuff.

Okay, first off know that it stinks. I do not like this "fresh" scent. However it really works. No more beige cotton ball after toner. I wear Double Wear foundation and other removers were not taking it off. I use this and then wipe off with an exfoliating pad before washing my face. Most importantly, it does not irritate my sensitive skin in the least - no redness at all.

on 5/5/2012 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great makeup remover, my favorite! It removes everything! A must before cleansing! I can't believe how well it works but it's amazing! Really gives me assurance that all makeup is removed for good cleansing to follow! It is expensive but it lasts forever.

Popular Face Skincare Products