Maybelline New York Roller Color in Glidin' Glitter

No Image

on 6/21/2013 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just loved this eyeshadow. It's such a beautiful bronzy multidimensional medium brown. I wore it every day for a while. The only downside is the packaging. The price is perfect ($5). It's too bad they discontinued it. I found one left online for $15, and I paid out. That's how much I love the color and staying power.

on 6/16/2006 12:52:00 PM

This is a very nice color: medium, warm, bronzed brown, very similar to Milani's Java Bean, L'Oreal's OTL in Native Spice, The Body Shop's Shimmer Cubes warm palette's darkest color, and any number of shades out there. I would go with the Milani if you're looking for an inexpensive color of this type since it's a pressed powder and easier to work with. Glidin' Glitter comes packaged in a goofy rollerball tube (what the heck were they thinking/drinking?) that makes it hard to accurately place the color where you want it to go, since the tip is so big. Plus, it doesn't dispense product evenly or quickly, especially since you have to hold the thing at a certain angle to get it to come out. I think you can pop the rollerball out without too much trouble and dump the powder into an empty sample jar or pill case, though. I probably won't repurchase as I have quite a number of colors that are similar to this and the packaging aggravates me.

on 5/15/2006 7:38:00 PM

This is a pigmented, shimmery, warm, medium bronzed-brown. I like this in the outer corners and crease of my eye, and it's dark enough to use dry. Lasting power is fair; not as good as high-end shadows, but good compared to other roller shadows and d/s items.

on 11/26/2004 10:06:00 PM

Beautiful sparkly brown! Looks great on my MMM skin.

on 9/17/2004 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Don't let the cheesy packaging fool you. Yes, these Rollerball thingies are hit or miss, but I'm actually quite attached to my Guildin' Glitter if not just for the way I can easily deepen my outer corners of my eyes with it so easily. They do not roll with the greatest of ease, but tap it on it's head (before removing the lid) and as mentioned in another post, it helps get some powder to actually stick to the ball.
The colour is definitely a pretty bronzey warm brown and it blends/stays well with the help of a base.
This one is worth the effort, even if you do decide to pop out that little ball (actually the whole ball casing is removeable...) and empty it into a pot.

on 5/23/2004 7:45:00 PM

I love this shade! Overall, the Roller Color Shadow is average - the roller ball doesn't always work well, and tends to get clogged up with shadow. The best way I've found to use this shadow is to apply an eyeshadow base first and then apply the rollerball shadow so that as little glitter as possible will fall onto your face.

Glidin' Glitter is a medium, bronzey, coffee bean brown that is gorgeous and very shimmery. It is somewhat glittery but isn't 100% glitter. The color is earthy, bronzey and unique.

This is one of the best shades in this line by far. continued >>

on 3/28/2004 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Believe me, it "glides" way better once that crap-ass "roller" ball (it rolls? really?) is taken off the top.
That said, this is a pretty, sparkly, medium warm bronzed brown shade. Glidin' Glitter leans more toward the copper/red side of bronzed brown, but in a subtle way. This color is warmer and a bit darker than Jane Magical Mushroom.

Applied wet, this shade makes a gorgeous sexy metallic bronze smoky eye (esp. for us GGGs). I think this would also make a nice metallic nude/highlight for DDDs. continued >>

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Okay, this is in no way MAC's Coco Beach pigment. However, that being said, it's a fabulous brown/bronze/golden shade. I mean it really grew on me in the day. I even had the lady at the estee counter compliment it. I purchased 14K and it looked like someone streaked my eyelids with urine and HATED it, but this one is beautiful! Loose that silly ball, forget about comparing it to MAC's coco beach and enjoy a gorgeous shimmering brown eyeshadow.

I went on a Roller Color spree about a week ago, and this is definitely one of my favourites. At first I thought it looked dirty when I applied it (as did MAC Coco Beach) but when I stepped back and took a good look, it actually looks good. It's not nearly as dark as it looks in the container, but it goes on a nice medium brown with light shimmer. I recommend this to anyone who likes brown eyeshadows. It's such a pretty colour.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I purchased Glidin' Glitter ($6 for 2.5g) as a readily available alternative to MAC's Cocoa Beach pigment ($18 for 7.5g).
[Okay, you're right--without sales/coupons, gram for gram, the price is the same.]
As with all the Roller Colors, the roller ball allows for a "hands-free" application, *but* said application is also sheerer. Like others who've reviewed these shadows, I popped the roller ball out and applied with a brush. This is a dark brown in the tube (think MAC Bronze or Mulch), but when applied, there's also subtle golden sparkle, i.e. Cocoa Beach Light.
This lacks the strong copper sparkle of CB, but a) this also makes it more low-key, and b) I already have the Copper Sparkle pigment with which I can blend Glidin' Glitter.
Overall, a nice product.