MAC Lustre - Idol Eyes

MAC Lustre - Idol Eyes

3.7

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Idol Eyes is a neat eyeshadow in my so humble opinion. It is kind of a pale purpley platinum shade in the pan, but on the lid it is more of a semi-sheer baby blue-lilac with strong gold pearl. It is a lot different than what I normally go for, but it can definitely be used for a lot of really pretty eye looks. The texture is a little weird because it can be kind of chunky or almost flakey, but it is easy to smooth it out. The gold pearl is what makes this a great shadow, and it is easy to intensify the cool lilac base by layering it over a cream shadow.

Like the other Lustres, the colour is not very pigmented. I find that after a few hours, even with Primer Potion, this inevitably creases and I have to blend it again. But it is a nice colour and the shimmer comes through very prettily, especially when it hits the light. Foiled with the 242 brush and Fix+ helps to make the colour come out a bit more. If you were choosing between this and Forgery, I would go with Idol Eyes for the darker pigment.

I completely regret buying this product. It swatches on your finger nicely, but on the eyelid it hardly has any pigment at all. Not to mention it's also quite chalky and you end up with alot of fallout. It's going straight in the bin.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I love this color. It is a beautifully soft and sophisticated cool icy blue silver lilac. Looks great as a wash over the lid or in the inner corner. Wear this on the regular.

on 11/25/2012 7:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

If I'd read reviews or seen swatches of this I would probably have been scared away, but I picked it up randomly at an airport duty free, and I'm do happy with this colour. This shade needs TLC, you need primer (which I always need anyway, greasy lids...), you need to pack and pat it on, one swipe won't do it, but it's worth it. This is like fairy dust, it's so luminous and shimmery and unique. It's lavender and white and gold. I haven't experienced fall out. My favourite look would be this across the first third of the lid, then UD Haight on the middle third then UD Gunmetal, and smoke it out, but I can think of so many interesting things you could do with this- you could even dust it gently over your cheeks if you are wearing dramatic makeup for New Year's or something. I'm not sure I'd try more MAC lustres, guess I'll check the duty free on the way home.

on 7/12/2013 9:58:00 PM

Super pretty! One of my favorite MAC eyeshadows - a blue/silver/white mixed sparkly eyeshadow. Really gorgeous, applies beautifully! This can also be used as a glitter overlay over other eyeshadows. I'm in love!

I know, I know, the fallout. It bugs me a bit too, but this shadow is so pretty and unique that I overlook it. I was wanting an icy blue to bring out the blue in my eyes, but they all were too cool toned and looked goofy. This shade, which is a sheer shimmery silver with subtle gold reflects, fit the bill perfectly. I wear it over NYX milk pencil and haven't had any issues with creasing. If I want it more opaque I apply with my finger. I love this shadow despite its poor reputation.

on 12/9/2011 5:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a wonderful unique color. I love Mac's Lustre eye shadows. Too bad I came across late. Probably because it is not everybody's favorite. Use it on its own or over another cool color with a slightly damp brush. Idol eyes and Shale are my favorite e/s from Mac. Love love love them!

I had never read a review on this colour and I am surprised. This is an easy to use silver-lilac glitter shadow. It is not difficult to apply as most reviews tend to make out. When I purchased it, I immediately thought "foam tip eyeshadow brush". You simply take this and push it on to the lid. It shows up like in the pan. There is no need to use fingers.

Stays put too, and I haven't worn it over a base yet - I also tend to get oily lids.

I would repurchase if I needed a silver, I don't use it much so it should last a long time.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

What a waste of money.
No pigmentation, had to swipe several times to get any color at all to show up. when it did, it was a nice, light blue with a good amount of sparkle.
Cue three or so hours later and the color completely vanished. All that was left a glittery mess on my lids that fell off into my eye. It was as if I just put glitter on my eyes.
My lids are normal and I always use primer so I'm really at a loss for words.

DO NOT BUY.