Olay Foaming Face Wash, for Sensitive Skin

Olay Foaming Face Wash, for Sensitive Skin

Water, Glycerin, Sodium Myristoyl Sarcosinate, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Polyquaternium-10, Peg-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide Mea, Laureth-10, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Citric Acid, Disodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Dmdm Hydantoin 5/2/2013

on 5/12/2016 9:23:00 PM

I can't believe all the money I've spent on fancy cleansers over the years when this little gem was sitting on the drugstore shelf all the time! I had most recently used the Neocutis Gentle Cleanser but I read on Paula's Choice that a major ingredient in that is primarily used for hair removal. Since I am fighting age-related hair loss anyhow, that's the last thing I need. Paula recommended this so thought I'd give it a try and I've never looked back.

on 12/27/2015 7:14:00 AM

I keep this in my shower for when I am too lazy to properly wash my makeup off (cleansing oil & my beloved Enzyme Cleansing Gel from Mario Badescu). I can go in the shower with a regular daily level of makeup (no waterproof stuff but foundation, liner, mascara, blush, concealer and long wear cream eyeshadow), use this, and come out cleaned faced. For a few nights in a row of doing this, I almost thought, "maybe I should ditch my Mario Badescu and just use this to wash my face...". But then as I delayed my post shower moisturizing, I realized why that may not be an option. This can dry out your skin a bit. I washed in the shower and while I was getting dried and ready, my face started to tighten up. It was quickly fixed with a swipe of my beloved Mario Badescu Seaweed Lotion (toner) and adding my face moisturizer on afterwards. But if you have dry skin you should keep this in mind. I have relatively dry & sensitive skin, but my husband and boys have crazy dry & sensitive skin. This could still work for them, but they would have to moisturize immediately after use and well, they aren't so good at the skin care regimes.

So bottom line is, yes, I would repurchase. Yes, I will continue to keep in my shower & use (but still keep my Mario Badescu & cleansing oil on my sink...I don't always shower at night). I would suggest this for anybody who wears basic makeup daily and needs a quick simple way to remove it. If I went on a trip to FL or someplace where I didn't have to worry about dry skin, I would just bring this.

To Read all 215 Reviews, Login or Join

Yep. This is breaking me out like a mofo. I noticed it leaves some kind of a film behind, but I figured it's probably good for my skin that it will not take the protective layer of oil away. Yeah, don't bother. For my super-sensitive, clog- and acne prone skin, this was a bust. At least it was cheap. Back to Neostrata I crawl. Teaches me right to try to save some money. :(

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I bought this based on Paula Begoun's recommendation. So far two other DS cleansers for sensitive skin had failed me (by burning my skin.) This one is truly mild, but it also removes makeup and sunscreen, rinses totally clean! No irritation at all.

The only con is that it's not moisturizing, it leaves my skin a little dry. But I don't think that's really a fault in the cleanser. I have started using it at night only, to remove makeup and sunscreen, and doing an oil cleanse in the morning.

on 12/5/2015 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've used this about 4 times and I can already tell I'm obsessed with it. This has completely calmed my skin down from when the neutrogena deep clean cleanser made it extremely irritated and sensitive. It's the perfect texture, a mix between a cream and a gel/foaming and I love it. It hasn't made me break out either and I am definitely acne prone. Plus the packaging is nice and it's very affordable. I plan on repurchasing when I'm out as long as I keep having these results!

on 10/23/2015 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Out of all the foaming cleansers for sensitive skin this is my favorite. I have very oily acne prone skin and most clensers that are marketed toward acne or oily skin are too drying for me. This removes all my makeup and it dosent leave my skin dry. I prefer foaming cleanser for my sensitive skin cause the cream cleaners dont feel like they clean my face well. I have been purchasing this cleanser for the past 2 years

on 10/17/2015 9:55:00 AM

I've been using this cleanser for over ten years. Recently when I ran out, they didn't have it at my local drugstore so I picked up another cleanser to try. After using the alternate product, I immediately remembered all the reasons why I love the Olay Gentle Foaming Face Wash. It lathers nicely and does an excellent job of removing makeup, it never leaves skin feeling tight or covered in residue, and it is very gentle and fragrance-free. My replacement cleanser is going in the trash and I'm ordering another bottle of Olay!

on 7/15/2015 6:46:00 PM

love love love this cleanser. I have extremely sensitive acne prone skin and this has done wonders to my face. takes all my makeup off and doesn't leave a residue like some tend to do. comes in a squeeze or pump bottle. doesn't strip my skins natural barrier either. foams up well. my HG cleanser hands down..100% will repurchase, especially for the price..$8 Canadian.

on 7/5/2015 1:33:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

So I have been using Bellaboo All That Facial Wash for almost 2 years now. When Ulta stopped selling it, I continued to order online through amazon. However, it's been inconvenient to do that and I just really want a cleanser I can pick up from the store when I run out. Sadly, I probably won't reorder Bellaboo unless Ulta or elsewhere starts selling it again. So I went to PaulasChoice.com to find a really good facial cleanser that is free of dyes and fragrances, considering I have sensitive/combination skin and dyes or fragrances do absolutely nothing for a cleanser...why they add either is stupid and unnecessary. When I saw that Paula gave this cleanser 4/4 stars, I thought i'd try it. I've used it twice and so far I really like it!! No bad reactions of any kind, and I doubt i'll break out from it. IF for some reason I do I guess i'll have to reorder Bellaboo and write a new review on this...but so far very impressed! It doesn't make my face feel oily or tight, just cleansed and balanced. I highly recommend this to anyone!

on 6/19/2015 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I purchased this product countless times over a ten-year period.

CONS:

This company does animal testing, which is my main reason for buying cleansers from Paula's Choice instead.

PROS:

On the plus side, it is one of the best and cheapest non-irritating face cleansers for rosacea-affected skin. Be sure to buy the sensitive, fragrance free version. It washes off all the makeup, including water-resistant mascara, without completely stripping the skin of moisture.

You can usually find it for $5 or less. I even found a bottle of this in a French drugstore when I went to Cannes. I was relieved because I had run out of my travel-sized cleanser.

Good for sensitive skin that is combination or oily, unless you are vegan. If you prefer to buy from a cruelty free brand, I recommend Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Cleanser.