NARS Lovejoy

LovejoyNARS LovejoyNARS Albatross LovejoyNARS Lovejoy

4.4

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I had concerns about wearing Lovejoy after having a less than amazing experience with Oasis, which was patchy on my skin. Lovejoy appears to be a similar formula, because it is also a shimmer blush, but it went on very smoothly and lasted well throughout a busy workday.
Lovejoy is a deep mauvey-brown with gold shimmer, and has a natural appearance on the skin. The shimmer shows up in the proper lighting, but it is not garish or glittery. It's a great year-round color, and neutral in shade, making it a "safe" blush for pretty much anyone. It is pigmented, but not over-the-top. I was done after a couple light swipes.
The packaging is sleek and secure, and has a mirror which is always nice. The price is a little high, but I feel like this is a blush that will flatter many skintones and it has great staying power, so I'm giving it my seal of approval!

on 7/23/2016 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Love this blush, can wear all year long but I reach for it more when I am tanned. I would buy again but I doubt I would ever run out.

Shimmering bronze rose is a good description, but the shimmer is not obvious when worn. Lasts well, if I want to layer I wear over bobbi Brown's telluride pot rouge.

Pro - pigmented, applies beautifully, doesn't fade throughout day
Con - horrid rubberised nars packaging.

Neutral olive ranging from nc15-20

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

This was applied to me in Sephora by the MUA and I thought it was lovely. I couldn't buy it right then, as I was trying to exercise some self control. I just remembered how much I loved it and finally got it about a month ago. I've been wearing it every day since and I get lots of compliments. It's gorgeous on me and also is long lasting. If I ever run out, I will repurchase!

on 12/20/2015 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This blush is somewhere between a bronzer and a blush for me. It gives my tanned skin a bronzed/sun kissed look with a hint of being flushed . . . like I've been running in the hot summer sun lol. I doubt I will ever run out of this, as I only need a swipe or two whenever I use it. Will definitely put this to good use in the summer!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

For some reason I tend to shy away from Nars products and I really tried this only after a couple youtubers my age raved about it. Happily, I agree with them!!

This is very pigmented. Very slight shimmer that to me is pretty much undetectable once applied, but that little shimmer must still work some kind of magic somehow, keeping the blush and the face from looking dull. I think this is a flattering shade that many skin tones can wear. Applies easily, a little goes a long way. It is very pigmented and for me, a light dusting is all I need, and I am currently tanned. I have also used this when I am not tanned, and still produces a lit from within natural glow for me. Described as a 'shimmering bronzed rose' and I think that is a very good description. Blushes can be tricky for me, changing colors, disappearing within an hour after applying; but this does none of that. applies easily, blends pretty effortlessly, and lasts on me all day without turning funny colors or disappearing. All in all I think this is a really great blush. Would recommend and will definitely repurchase!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This blush is great because i can use this as a blush & slight contour with a light hand, looks beautiful on both me and my mother and we both have different skin tones/ hair color!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was laying neglected and unloved in the inactive pile until I pulled it out the other day. This bronzy pink is perfect for getting a summer face without putting on bronzer. For my fair neutral complexion it reads as though I was really in the sun - but in a nice, country farm way. Very fresh faced and very young. I tap a little of the Matte Multiple in Laos on the apple and it makes it all look so natural but attractive at the same time. Finish off with Fresh lip balm in rose petal.

on 8/14/2014 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This Lovejoy blush was my first foray into NARS blushes after a decade-plus loyalty to Bobbi Brown. Took a lot of trawling through online swatches to decide which shade I wanted as I don't have access to NARS outlets in Dubai.

I've always worn Bobbi Brown's Tawny and/or Almond, so tend to look for dusky rose to brown hues in my blushes, which go over my Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder to add some colour to definition. I wanted to stay along the same theme with my NARS pick.

The product looks like a burnished brown in the pan, with some reddened hues. I was quite perturbed by the sparkles as I wear my blush just under my cheekbones and shadows aren't supposed to sparkle! Fortunately, the glitter hasn't translated to wear so far.

The colour on my skin shows up as a blend between my two Bobbi Brown blush shades, so I was happy. The texture of the pressed powder is a lot looser than what I'm used to, so I picked up a shocking amount on my brush during my first use. On application, the powder is also chalkier than Bobbi Brown, but this makes it easier to blend as the powder doesn't immediately stick to my skin for good.

Durability is good, and I don't experience any fading (worn over non-foundation/primed oily skin) for 10+ hours.

I also bought Dolce Vita and can't wait to try it out.

By far my favourite blush! I am very fair, so I am always told to wear peachy or pink blushes, but I keep coming back to Lovejoy. It adds so much warmth to make face and helps contour my cheek bones. It is a bit on the pricier side, but it last forever and it's worth every penny.

I don't really use blush anymore. I used to always use light pinks, tbh. But when a pro mua introduced this beautiful bronzey red-pink to me, I had to try it! It's very pigmented and gives me an amazing glow. BUT APPLY THIS WITH A LIGHT HAND! This is a very pigmented product (all Nars blushes are.) And I would recommend anyone this blush!