Suave Naturals Moisturizing Body Wash in Ocean Breeze

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/14/2016 11:57:00 PM

I recently noticed soap scum in my tub--I normally use Caress--so I was wondering if it builds up on skin?
I picked this up because it's inexpensive and smells nice, and I remembered liking it. So they updated the bottle and fragrance a little, and I think added some conditioning. I also needed a quick hair wash since most regular shampoo either dries my hair or makes it limp (the heavy silicone versions). I know using "body wash" isn't what stylists recommend--in fact, I'm pretty sure they'd pray over me until my demon was gone--but the ingredients of THIS body wash do not contain the petrol stuff usually found in products used for extremely dry skin.
Well, it was a nice change from Caress, although I wish soap didn't leave that white grime so I could use it exclusively. The lather was sooooo much better than soap-foam; thicker, richer, easily rinsed. And my hair accepted it too. Clean but not squeeeeaky clean as in stripped nasty, fried. I paired it with their Sea Mineral conditioner from the Pro line. I think my skin needed the change. I feel clean but my skin isn't itchy. Was the beauty bar irritating it? The reason I like soap is how economical it is. One bar lasts forever. But I also want that scum gone.
I recommend this for all skin types since mine is sensitive and if it works for me, it works for everyone. It's perfect for summer too. That awesome beachy fragrance!
Very good product.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I bought this for my husband to use, but I love this shower gel! I have been using Nivea Serenity body wash, and ever since I switched to this brand, my skin has been noticeably softer and smoother. It smells so refreshingly clean, plus it's dirt cheap!

To Read all 56 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/25/2015 2:41:00 PM

Ocean Breeze is a unisex scent. It reminds me of a scent you would find at a gym or in a hotel. It's not very moisturizing, so I would recommend it for normal to oily skin. It's a basic, inexpensive body wash.

on 3/22/2015 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love this body wash, it's perfect for summer. I'm a big fan of Suave products in general, as they are very inexpensive but good quality. This smells very fresh and clean, and reminds me of the ocean. I will be taking this to the beach in June!

For summertime, I got in the mood for something oceany, like the sea, not too heavy on the tropical, but something fresh and clean with the scent of sea minerals. This is it! The gel is a very pretty blue, lathers well and leaves skin feeling fresh, clean and like you've been to the ocean. It contains mineral-rich sea algea extract and, like all the Suave Naturals line, Vitamin E for skin conditioning. The bottle says it's comparable to BB&W's Juniper Breeze.

In the past I've had other ocean body washes, one which was a little too salty and the most recent White Rain which smelled OK, but the lather was very weak, and the bottle was used up too fast to get decent staying lather power.

Suave's formula is just right on the lather and I love this scent!

on 12/25/2013 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a basic body wash but the thing I love most about it is the scent. It smells so fresh and clean. I will definitely repurchase this -- plus it is cheap!

on 5/4/2013 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

What can I say about this body wash. Smells good, gets me clean, and even though it's already cheap I can usually find a twofer at Target.

This is nice. Leaves skin clean both on body and face. The fragrance is very pleasant. Perfect for basic cleansing at an affordable price. EDIT: the scent of this seems more pleasant than the matching shampoo, which I have also used as a body wash. It's not super-moisturizing but it also doesn't leave a residue. The crisp scent is really addictive and the blue color is pretty, for those who prefer certain color schemes in the shower. I think this works best for oily skin, post-workout, and in summer.:)
This may sound crazy but it also makes a good clarifier for hair. It doesn't contain cones or heavy conditioners so it does a great job of eliminating build-up. I just used it tonight after a week of Sleek and Shine shampoo, which works well for about a week then makes my hair feel weighted and stringy. I stocked up because I never want to find myself in a hair clusterf&ck. You know what I mean!

on 8/7/2011 9:22:00 PM

Love this wash! Overly creamy washes break me out so this is great for cleansing my body acne prone skin. Nice scent too.

on 5/4/2011 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I first bought this about 2 years ago at Walmart. I fell in love with the fresh, clean and cooling scent. It's really thin and liquidy though. The packaging is nothing special. I like the blue color of this though, it really reminds me of a day at the beach. It cleanse well, and is quite cheap. The smells does linger a bit after shower, but it should not clash with your fragrant lotions or perfume. I had hoped that they would make a body lotion with the same scent too. The shampoo and conditioner smell nothing like the original body wash. They smells kind of fake and plasticy, which I hate. Now when I buy the update version, I notice they had changed the formula. It's now kind of jelly and chunky, and the smell is not the same. I still use it, but I don't really like the new one as much as the old version.