MAC Frost - Nocturnelle

MAC Frost - Nocturnelle
MAC es - Heat Element & NocturnelleFrost - NocturnelleMAC Nocturnelle, Lancome The Pink Carpet

4.3

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Silica, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492), Bismuth Oxychloride

Makes my hazel eyes turquoise in combination with indian ink. I use this as the base on my lids just to the crease and india ink thickly along 2/3rds of the lid (from outer in). I go over the thick indian ink line with a thin deep sable brown eyeliner (and tight line). Above the crease I use Chanel lily to the brow. Finally I apply black mascara and the result is striking turquoise irises. (I use lingering as a brow booster because I am light blonde). If you want to make people notice your hazel eyes - this is the way to go. It is important to cover all of your age spots or blemishes because on a flawless clean face you will have the prettiest eyes anywhere you go. Be prepared to be noticed for your own color even though the ES is dark it is your eye color that will stand out. This underrated color is sweet.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I like wearing this wet as liner. It's a warm toned mix of plum and purple that glimmers in the light. My eyes are actually a tealish color and this shade really makes them stand out. It stays exactly where I put it and doesn't smudge. I love it!

To Read all 158 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

The color in the packaging is amazing but it's so different when applied with a brush on the eyes. I had to scratch it so i could get some pigmentation out of it but I just did not like it. I know is a frost finish but i really don't know how to use it so it can look flattering. My eyes look bruised with this one.

on 10/6/2013 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Soft Ochre paint pot (base), then a sheer wash of Orb on the lid, golden e/s (i use Gilty Morsel with a light hand on the 2/3 of the lid) and finally Nocturnelle on the crease. Blend out any harsh edges with Orb and reapply a light wash of a metallic golden e/s (e.g. Nylon).
My eyes pop without looking bruised.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I hated this eyeshadow. I don't know why I bought it. I think the MAC SA used this as a liner or crease color on one of the looks she did on me. Now, purple is my favorite color, so I thought I'd love this. But no matter what I tried to do with it it was just too.. dark and not the shade of purple for me. Blending it was also a task, I'm guessing because it's a frost.
It's true it's a warm purple, but it's too dark for me. No matter what I did with it, my eyes just looked bruised or like I hadn't slept. All around bad color for me - and I'm not sure what my undertone is. I guess it's olive, warm and in some places on my face, it's neutral.
If my review helped you, click yes below!

on 7/9/2013 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I just love wearing purple eyeshadows - my favourites are MAC Trax and Satellite Dreams, Urban Decay Fishnet and NARS Habanera. I wanted a shade that would give my eye looks more depth in the outer corner, so I settled for Nocturnelle. It's a lovely purple-violet that's neutral in that it doesn't lean too warm nor cold, it just adapts to your eyeshadow. The pigmentation is decent, definitely not the best, but good enough for application purposes. As it's a Frost it has a slight shimmer, which I like. Nice addition to my purple collection.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Trying to figure out how to make my green eyes pop when I just happened to be wearing a dark green wig, I picked up Nocturnelle and thickly lined my top lid with it. I then got compliments on how amazing my eyes looked all day. Not to say that you need a green wig to wear this colour, but it does do crazy things for green eyes.

on 4/6/2013 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Gorgeous warm purple color that would suit a wide variety of skin tones. It has slight pinkish undertones but is still a subtle and wearable purple and not over-the-top at all. Paired it with Embark in the crease and it made for a great plummy smokey eye. As always with MAC it is very creamy and lasts all day too. Definitely one to have in the arsenal.

on 2/26/2013 9:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am NC25 and have Hazel eyes. I usually don't wear purple eyeshadow, although I know that it can make my eyes pop, but I just always felt like it didn't suit me anyway.
But then I tought I'd give it a try and got Nocturnelle.
I think it's a pretty color and it doesn't look too bad on me, but it doesn't have the "WOW-factor" either. Also it's pretty poorly pigmented, I can barely get any color on my lids without really rubbing my brush into the pan to the point where I fear my poor MAC 239 might break or lose its shape or something.
But once it's on it's ok, I usually use this with Sketch, which I bought along with Nocturnelle. (Sketch is a hit, btw, despite it being a purple, too).
I wouldn't say it's a terrible eyeshadow, I could cope with the poor pigmentation, I usually don't mind it that much as long as it's buildable, but in this case since the color isn't really worth the effort, I don't find myself reaching for this very often.
(Another factor might be that I'm more the neutral kind of girl, who never knows what clothes to wear with colorful e/s)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

First things first, I recently did a review for MAC's cremesheen lipstick in the shade of 'Hang Up', and I said that I would do a review for a matching eyeshadow... so here it is!
I went into my local MAC store just after Christmas, looking for a fresh new face of makeup products to create a kind of vampy/gothic look, and once I had told the MUA what I had in mind, she showed me this eyeshadow and I was in love!
Nocturnelle is such a beautiful colour to wear, with a slightly aubergine tinge to it, it can be applied lightly for a soft purple look or applied heavily for a pretty gothic twist! I often use this eyeshadow along with the MAC Ricepaper eyeshadow (which I will review soon!) and it just gives my eyes a wonderful blast of gothical colour! I am currently MAC foundation shade NC20 and so this product does look very 'in your face' on me, but that is exactly what I want!
This eyeshadow in particular stays on well during the day and can be toned down or up depending on what other colour you use with it. And for only 12 in the UK stores, this eyeshadow should be a must-have for everyone who is wanting to have a change of face so to speak!
If like me you want a change-up of make-up looks, I definitely suggest going for a vampy/gothic look by buying MAC Nocturnelle eyeshadow and MAC cremesheen lipstick in shade Hang Up!

I hope this review has helped you and if you want to see my MAC Hang Up review, click onto my profile! - Shannon x