MAC purples (Uploaded by starrysim)

4.3

Reviews

2.0
fromCammmi

Dec/18/2017

tossed it because the undertones are not flatering to my olive skintone

0 of 4 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (218 reviews)

SkinNormal, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

Jun/22/2017

This is gorgeous for a colourful smokey eye. I put Nocturnelle on the entire lid and then blend into the crease with Star Violet. Since the glitter doesn't come through too much, I sometimes lightly dab Glitter in Reflects Red for more shine but either way it's a great colour, especially with a nude lip.

About reviewer (134 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

May/06/2017

Matte dark plum-eggplant colour. Blends well, a good dark pigment. An alternate for black or dark brown. Compliments lots of contrasting colours. Great for cut crease and lining top and bottom lash-line. A go-to colour during the winter months.

1 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (248 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Medium

Oct/05/2016

Makes my hazel eyes turquoise in combination with indian ink. I use this as the base on my lids just to the crease and india ink thickly along 2/3rds of the lid (from outer in). I go over the thick indian ink line with a thin deep sable brown eyeliner (and tight line). Above the crease I use Chanel lily to the brow. Finally I apply black mascara and the result is striking turquoise irises. …Read more

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlond

EyesHazel

Jan/23/2016

I like wearing this wet as liner. It's a warm toned mix of plum and purple that glimmers in the light. My eyes are actually a tealish color and this shade really makes them stand out. It stays exactly where I put it and doesn't smudge. I love it!

About reviewer (58 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

1.0

Dec/06/2015

The first mac eyeshadow I bought and the Worst mac eyeshadow I ever owned. The color in the packaging looks nice but it's so different when applied with a brush on the eyes. I had to scratch it so i could get some pigmentation out of it but I just did not like it. I know is a frost finish but i really don't know how to use it so it can look flattering.

About reviewer (33 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

3.0

Oct/06/2013

Soft Ochre paint pot (base), then a sheer wash of Orb on the lid, golden e/s (i use Gilty Morsel with a light hand on the 2/3 of the lid) and finally Nocturnelle on the crease. Blend out any harsh edges with Orb and reapply a light wash of a metallic golden e/s (e.g. Nylon).
My eyes pop without looking bruised.

1 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (30 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesHazel

1.0

Sep/21/2013

I hated this eyeshadow. I don't know why I bought it. I think the MAC SA used this as a liner or crease color on one of the looks she did on me. Now, purple is my favorite color, so I thought I'd love this. But no matter what I tried to do with it it was just too.. dark and not the shade of purple for me. Blending it was also a task, I'm guessing because it's a …Read more

1 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (72 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

EyesBlack

Jul/09/2013

I just love wearing purple eyeshadows - my favourites are MAC Trax and Satellite Dreams, Urban Decay Fishnet and NARS Habanera. I wanted a shade that would give my eye looks more depth in the outer corner, so I settled for Nocturnelle. It's a lovely purple-violet that's neutral in that it doesn't lean too warm nor cold, it just adapts to your eyeshadow. The pigmentation is decent …Read more

1 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (230 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOther, Olive

HairBrunette

Apr/06/2013

Trying to figure out how to make my green eyes pop when I just happened to be wearing a dark green wig, I picked up Nocturnelle and thickly lined my top lid with it. I then got compliments on how amazing my eyes looked all day. Not to say that you need a green wig to wear this colour, but it does do crazy things for green eyes.

2 of 2 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (87 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Cool