MAC Cosmetics Matte - Charcoal Brown

4.4

on 8/30/2018 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is one of the four MAC shades I have in my travel quad, as well as my 18 pan personal daily palette. It's the one shade I'd buy first if I lost all my eyeshadows of any brand. I'd even buy it in the stand alone pot, not just the less than half the price refills.

It is a cool taupey grey undertoned dark brown that I use as a brow filler, eye liner and outer V deep shade. It's a matte, blends out like a dream. You can use it for an eyeliner (I push it up under the lashes to tight line with, using an eyeliner brush) or the brows, it never pulls red. And it sheers out to a whisper of colour for the outer V.

It does it all. On a fast get ready day I can fill my lids in with foundation powder, then use this sheered out for a transition, a little deeper on the outer V, and deeper still on the lashline, and also to fill in brows.

When I put in more effort I like it with Blanc Type and Kid and a shimmer for effect on the lid. It literally goes with everything.

on 2/12/2016 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

The BEST powder for my brows! I'm a fair blonde (n18-nc20) and this is eye shadow looks very natural on my brows. I use the mac 208 angled brush to apply it and it goes on smoothly, looks very natural and flattering and stays put throughout the whole day. Highly recommend!

on 12/7/2013 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this for my brows. I have medium brown hair, and didn't find it to be too light/dark or too grey/reddy. Perfect! I have also used it as a crease shade when I want a fairly subtle matte smokey eye. Long wearing and fantastic pigmentation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this hoping it'd be good for my brows. Unfortunately, it was a little too dark and I found a pencil I like better. I love love love it as a bronzer, though. The pot came out once and I had to re-hotglue it in, disappointing for something I paid $15 for though.

on 7/8/2012 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Classic Mac ! great everyday shadow, occasionally use this wet to line my eyes when i'm wearing a dark brown mascara and not much else

on 6/29/2012 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I buy this again and again, which says a lot because I am usually the person who throws away eyeshadow because it is has gotten so old (not used). I always make sure I have a back up of this because it is a great crease shadows.

I use this pretty much daily. It is perfect for a neutral, soft eye look or you can use it as a base to deepen the crease and then pop something more intense on top. I also use it to define my lower lash line.

I highly recommend you check out this shadow. It really doesn't look like much, but it really is a gem! :)

on 12/28/2011 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I previously used Omega or Coquette in my eyebrows, but they started to look a little bit too grey and sometimes green. This is the perfect neutral brown... no red, no orange, no khaki or green tones. It's nicely pigmented too. I debated for a long time whether or not to get this and I'm so glad I did.

I use this eyeshadow as my eyebrow filler-inner-colour. Worked brill up until I dyed my hair shocking red last week so I have to change it up shortly!

Very good as a brow colour but trying to blend it on the lid was a tough job!

A very universal mid-tone neutral matte brown. A nice staple in my collection that I enjoy using either as a quick eyebrow filler or to smoke out my crease.

on 2/1/2010 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

An MA recommended this shade as a good brow color for me. I apply it with my trusty #208 and it fills in my sparse eyebrows while matching the color perfectly. Great price for using as a brow powder as it lasts forever!