MAC Cosmetics Matte - Charcoal Brown

4.8

on 8/30/2018 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is one of the four MAC shades I have in my travel quad, as well as my 18 pan personal daily palette. It's the one shade I'd buy first if I lost all my eyeshadows of any brand. I'd even buy it in the stand alone pot, not just the less than half the price refills.

It is a cool taupey grey undertoned dark brown that I use as a brow filler, eye liner and outer V deep shade. It's a matte, blends out like a dream. You can use it for an eyeliner (I push it up under the lashes to tight line with, using an eyeliner brush) or the brows, it never pulls red. And it sheers out to a whisper of colour for the outer V.

It does it all. On a fast get ready day I can fill my lids in with foundation powder, then use this sheered out for a transition, a little deeper on the outer V, and deeper still on the lashline, and also to fill in brows.

When I put in more effort I like it with Blanc Type and Kid and a shimmer for effect on the lid. It literally goes with everything.

on 6/4/2014 10:07:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is a lovely cool toned brown for adding depth to your eye look. I find it a tad too dark to be used all over the eye, its best for keeping to the outer V. Its also a pain in the butt to blend out so I wouldn't recommend it if you're trying to get out the door in a hurry! But overall very pretty, if a bit pricey. I would buy again

on 5/22/2011 8:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am fair with very dark brown (almost black) hair/brows and this is the PERFECT color for brows. I was planning to buy soft brown but couldn't find it in the store so tried charcoal....absolute perfection :)

on 5/22/2011 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I chose this colour specifically for brows, but it is also beautiful as an eye shadow - a nice all-over colour that isn't too dark. I also used this as my back to mac freebie, so that makes it even better!! Love MAC eyeshadows :)

on 2/1/2010 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

An MA recommended this shade as a good brow color for me. I apply it with my trusty #208 and it fills in my sparse eyebrows while matching the color perfectly. Great price for using as a brow powder as it lasts forever!

on 12/21/2009 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love it. Great color. I use it on the lid with Nehru at the lash line.

on 11/29/2009 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is not only the best colour to use for eye brows but also can be used as a nice brown bear coloured eye shadow! Im loving it and i use it everyday =)

on 4/4/2009 10:22:00 AM

This just fell flat on me as an eyeshadow. I haven't used it as a brow powder...if my brows were that color I probably would have used it for that. I swapped it away because the color fell flat on me NC20/NC25 for reference. It is a great formula, just not a great brown for us warmer toned girls. IMHO.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

i am an nc40-42 and i love this shadow! i am currently wearing it in my crease, with naked lunch on the lid (over sublime nature paint) and it is so nice! i really wasn't expecting this to be anything special, but it's really a cute shadow to have in your arsenal, especially to create an easy smoked out look. can't wait to try this with some color!