MAC Cosmetics Matte - Charcoal Brown

Filtered by skin type : Dry
MAC Cosmetics Matte - Charcoal Brown
Matte - Charcoal BrownMatte - Charcoal Brown

4.9

I use this charcoal brown shade for my eyebrows, and it is the perfect colour for all hair shades in my opinion! I bought this after seeing a lot of beauty bloggers using it and it's amazing, it has a perfect consistency for a natural looking brow, with a dark brown tone that suite blondes, brunette and all hair types! I recommend this product to anyone who is looking for a long lasting brow filler!

on 1/10/2014 1:46:00 PM

This is a perfect shade for brows, smooth application, great color payoff. Would definitely recommend it to anyone looks for a great brow powder.

on 3/23/2012 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Wow ive been having this eyeshadow just in the back of my container and i tried it as an eyebrown shade and OMg its meant to be its soo nice. and i also use this as a crease color on my lid with all that glitters to school and its perfectt and natural! and i think its discontinued and ive hit pan :(

on 12/28/2011 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I previously used Omega or Coquette in my eyebrows, but they started to look a little bit too grey and sometimes green. This is the perfect neutral brown... no red, no orange, no khaki or green tones. It's nicely pigmented too. I debated for a long time whether or not to get this and I'm so glad I did.

on 10/17/2011 7:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I know people love this product for their brows but I bought it for its intended purpose - as an eye shadow. I put off buying Charcoal Brown for a LOOOONG time. I'd read about how great it was and then I'd look at it in store and be unimpressed....for something with "charcoal" in the name, it was singularly lacking in "charcoal-ness". Well, I should have followed my initial instincts. I got this on Friday (it's now Monday) and I've worn it every day since and played with it a bit and, sorry, but to me, it's just not that special. I can get the same effect using Brun with a light hand and a 224 brush or using Omega and/or Wedge with a heavier hand. This isn't a "bad" shadow but it's really nothing special either. I am hoping that if I play around with it a bit more and try it with some other shadows, I might hit upon a combination that makes Charcoal Brown into something indispensable, but for now, I'm feeling pretty "meh" about it and would not repurchase.
UPDATE: Since buying MAC's Sweet Satisfaction (Pro Longwear eye shadow), I've found that the pairing of SS and Charcoal Brown works really well to create a sculpted and flattering eye that is suitable for day/work. Suddenly, Charcoal Brown (in the crease to contour) looks like something worth having and Sweet Satisfaction, which is another of those sort of "meh" shadows when first applied on its own, really comes alive too.

on 9/19/2011 9:25:00 AM

I also found this makes the perfect eyebrow product. Discovered this by watching a YouTube video. The color matches my own eyebrows ( has no red to it ) and when applied wet makes a great brow powder.

I bought this eyeshadow to fill in my eyebrows, the MA picked this out as my shade since I have a medium brown hair colour! That was all I was attending to use this eyeshadow for, but one day I just threw it into my crease without really thinking about it, and it instantly became my go to crease eyeshadow. I love it, it goes great with a neutral lid, like Grain from MAC!! It blends like a dream, and is just light enough so it looks like you have eyeshadow on, but doesn't look like you caked it on! And of course you can build this shade up!! I already have a huge ol' dent in it, and I just bought it 2 months ago! I love this eyeshadow, I would just give it a try in stores/counter, and hopefully you like it as much as I do :) Must say this is a must have MAC eyeshadow :D !

on 1/7/2011 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

this EYESHADOW is amazing,
you guys need to pair it with bare study paint pot and penultimate.
its a great eyeshadow,
try it trust me!!!!!!!!!!!!

on 12/21/2010 8:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

this is a 5/5 no doubt. this (along with satin taupe) are my two favourite e/s from mac. i never liked dark brown but this color is hot hot hot!
can be used for day (works really well with bare study paint pot) or built up for night with say, painterly and a black e/s.
very easy to work with....

on 11/14/2010 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Some browns are just hit or miss. This one is exactly what I was looking for. Specification: I'm NC25, and what I was looking for was a matte, mid-tone/darkish cool brown to deepen the crease in a slightly more dramatic fashion, e.g. cut crease looks or just a pin-up eye with sharper contrast than your every day neutrals. This color is just right for these purposes. I imagine it's a great brow filler for blondish people as well, since it's cool enough to look natural (no red/orange/burgundy undertones). But back to what I personally use it for, yes: It gets the job done beautifully. It deepens/cuts/smokes out the crease while still looking natural (color-wise, not intensity-wise), and it just turns any neutral/classic/retro look up a notch. Also great for defining the eye in a really discrete manner, far less harsh than a regular brown eyeliner. WIll repurchase.