MAC Cosmetics Matte - Charcoal Brown

4.6

on 8/30/2018 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is one of the four MAC shades I have in my travel quad, as well as my 18 pan personal daily palette. It's the one shade I'd buy first if I lost all my eyeshadows of any brand. I'd even buy it in the stand alone pot, not just the less than half the price refills.

It is a cool taupey grey undertoned dark brown that I use as a brow filler, eye liner and outer V deep shade. It's a matte, blends out like a dream. You can use it for an eyeliner (I push it up under the lashes to tight line with, using an eyeliner brush) or the brows, it never pulls red. And it sheers out to a whisper of colour for the outer V.

It does it all. On a fast get ready day I can fill my lids in with foundation powder, then use this sheered out for a transition, a little deeper on the outer V, and deeper still on the lashline, and also to fill in brows.

When I put in more effort I like it with Blanc Type and Kid and a shimmer for effect on the lid. It literally goes with everything.

Such a good match for me!! I have been searching hi and low for a good eye brow filler and today the search is over! Charcoal Brown looks like a soft cocoa color. On my brows I get a soft and beautifully matched color. Great price and does the trick!

on 2/12/2016 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

The BEST powder for my brows! I'm a fair blonde (n18-nc20) and this is eye shadow looks very natural on my brows. I use the mac 208 angled brush to apply it and it goes on smoothly, looks very natural and flattering and stays put throughout the whole day. Highly recommend!

on 11/14/2014 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this color! I use it as a crease color and so far it looks great with the shadows I've paired it with. Apply it with a fluffy brush and it's absolutely perfect. I recommend this for anyone looking for a great shadow to use in the crease!

on 6/4/2014 10:07:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is a lovely cool toned brown for adding depth to your eye look. I find it a tad too dark to be used all over the eye, its best for keeping to the outer V. Its also a pain in the butt to blend out so I wouldn't recommend it if you're trying to get out the door in a hurry! But overall very pretty, if a bit pricey. I would buy again

I use this charcoal brown shade for my eyebrows, and it is the perfect colour for all hair shades in my opinion! I bought this after seeing a lot of beauty bloggers using it and it's amazing, it has a perfect consistency for a natural looking brow, with a dark brown tone that suite blondes, brunette and all hair types! I recommend this product to anyone who is looking for a long lasting brow filler!

on 1/10/2014 1:46:00 PM

This is a perfect shade for brows, smooth application, great color payoff. Would definitely recommend it to anyone looks for a great brow powder.

on 12/21/2013 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I LOVE this. I was looking for a neutral or taupish brown crease color and I'm not sure how I stumbled upon this but I'm glad I did. I was so excited when I got this in the mail. I particularly like this in the crease with the groundwork paint pot on the lid for a natural polished look. I read that this in the crease with sweet satisfaction on the lid is a good combo too so I will try that next. I like the texture and I've never had trouble blending it. I apply it with my max 217 or my e.l.f essentials crease brush, just depends on how I'm feeling. I could see how this could look really pretty on blue eyes. Though, I have brown and I love how it looks on me. This really is the perfect taupey brown. GET IT.

on 12/7/2013 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this for my brows. I have medium brown hair, and didn't find it to be too light/dark or too grey/reddy. Perfect! I have also used it as a crease shade when I want a fairly subtle matte smokey eye. Long wearing and fantastic pigmentation.

on 9/5/2013 7:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Bought it recently and fell in love the first time I used it. It is a beautiful matte brown ashy colour. I use it daily and it really compliments my skin tone and also gives my eyes an extra pop while still remaining natural and clean. It is a perfect shade of brown that every girl should have in her collection. In America the price is reasonable, but I purchased in Japan.. Soooo a bit more expensive. Worth it though!