MAC Cosmetics Matte - Charcoal Brown

Filtered by age: 36-43
MAC Cosmetics Matte - Charcoal Brown
Matte - Charcoal BrownMatte - Charcoal Brown

4.9

Such a good match for me!! I have been searching hi and low for a good eye brow filler and today the search is over! Charcoal Brown looks like a soft cocoa color. On my brows I get a soft and beautifully matched color. Great price and does the trick!

on 1/26/2016 7:17:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

If you tried to swatch this, you would know it is horrible. You barely get any color and it looks patchy. But this is one of the best shadows I have from Mac. It works in my brows. It is great as a crease color and stays on all day. I will purchase again if I run out.

on 6/4/2014 10:07:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is a lovely cool toned brown for adding depth to your eye look. I find it a tad too dark to be used all over the eye, its best for keeping to the outer V. Its also a pain in the butt to blend out so I wouldn't recommend it if you're trying to get out the door in a hurry! But overall very pretty, if a bit pricey. I would buy again

For all of you who are pale with neutral/yellow undertones (NC15-20), and hate brown shadows that pull purple, red, or orange, this one is for you! I adore Charcoal Brown and Brun for a perfect smokey eye where it doesn't look muddy, and I do not look tired or bruised. I like to use my EL DW fndt as a base. Then I layer Charcoal Brown over MAC Shroom or Nylon. Blends beautifully!! It's also awesome to line the eyes or pair with Black Tied to line for a hot look. LOVE. Will repurchase over and over!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Charcoal Brown is one of my favorite go-to colors that I use quite often because it goes so well with everything! For a quick neutral eye, I will use this in my crease with Patina on the lid and Vex on my brow bone lined with Embark e/s. A staple matte e/s that works well with a variety of different looks. Love it!

on 10/9/2010 1:59:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is a great matte eyeshadow for dark brows. I've tried most all the difference MAC browns for brows Coquette, Espresso etc. and this one is best. Very natural, pigmented, long lasting and easy to blend and shade brows in.

on 2/21/2010 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Wow, what can I say about this eyeshadow? This is one of the most versatile colors I have ever used.

Charcoal Brown is a matte, mid-to-dark, fairly cool brown. It has decent pigmentation, goes on smoothly, and is easily buildable. As an eyeshadow, it can be used as an all-over lid color or as a crease color. It can also work as a very dramatic or very natural color, depending on how you use it. I have used it as the base for a very smokey eye (with Contrast, of all things!), but am wearing it today as an all-over lid color very softly with very little other makeup as a very natural, no-makeup look.

This shadow can be used wet, either to intensify the shadow color or to use as a cake liner. As a liner, it is very subtle (much like Clinique's cake liner), but can be built for more impact. It lasts well on the upper lash line for this purpose, but may smudge a bit down below.

Finally, I have used this as a brow powder now that I have changed my hair color to brunette. It is soft and natural looking, and lasts all day...wonderful!

Seriously, I can use this for just about everything. It's just an all-around great product. If you are looking for a great neutral brown, this is definitely for you. It's a multitasking workhorse!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is truly a staple of mine and has been for many many years. This matte color first of all is perfect for filling in my super dark brown brows for a natural look. No hint of red which is often the case with so many browns. Also this looks great used in the crease. I love to pair it with Ricepaper or Naked Lunch. It pairs nicely with Shroom too. Recently I have been using it wet as an eyeliner. It delivers the definition that black does, but without the harshness of black. This is one product that I will use until the end of time!!