MAC Cosmetics Matte - Charcoal Brown

MAC Cosmetics Matte - Charcoal Brown
Matte - Charcoal BrownMatte - Charcoal Brown

4.4

on 5/11/2016 6:49:00 PM

I was recommended this shade to fill in my brows but I'll get to that in a bit. The packaging for the Mac shadows is wonderful, I love that about them. I really feel like you can count on Mac shadows and I don't feel that there will be a Mac shadow that is ever going to be 'awful' or 'terrible' because the formulas are just good ok? Buuuuuuuutttt....... the quality of mac's shadows are heavily dependent on the shade that you get. Unfortunately, this matte shade charcoal brown is not so great at blending, although it's possible obviously, and can actually get a little uneven and dare I say patchy when you spend too much time trying to softly blend it out. So I was recommended this shade for my brows after asking for a less intense version of 'brun' which is a satin shade that I have been using lightly to fill in very slight sparseness in my brows. They suggested this after I asked for a shade with as little or no red, warm, earthy tones because that is honestly such a cheap look on the brows when you have a ton of warmth/red hue to your brow makeup. It's just not natural looking to be honest (unless you're a redhead). I feel like brun is the exact 100% match in TONE for my brows, as in there is no warmth to the shade which gives me a nice natural look. Charcoal Brown on the other hand does have a way more warm tone than shade Brun does. I have uploaded an image showing a swatch comparison of Brun next to Charcoal brown. I want a shadow that has the same exact cool TONE as Brun but is lighter and less intense/pigmented because I have to be so careful with Brun or it builds up my brows really intensely really quickly! I think Concrete will be my best bet for this but I couldn't find it in a normal MAC store near me in the UK, I will have to visit a Pro store and ask for that shade! For now, I actually exchanged charcoal brown for shade Coquette, which is lighter and is mostly cool toned but it's just a little off from perfect for me because it's still got a hint of earthy warmth to it ( ever so so so so so slightly) but it's ok and doesn't give me a cheap orangey brown eyebrow look haha! Coquette is also REALLY HIGH QUALITY BY THE WAY. It's sooooooo blendable and buttery it would be so good used as an eyeshadow as well as a subtle brow powder. Hope this helps :)

I use this charcoal brown shade for my eyebrows, and it is the perfect colour for all hair shades in my opinion! I bought this after seeing a lot of beauty bloggers using it and it's amazing, it has a perfect consistency for a natural looking brow, with a dark brown tone that suite blondes, brunette and all hair types! I recommend this product to anyone who is looking for a long lasting brow filler!

After hearing Tanya Burr rave about this on YouTube, I had to pick it up. Initially I thought it would make a good crease color for me since I'm pretty fair and have pinky undertones, and I do love it for that and use it as a nice transition color nearly everyday. But what I die about it for is on my eyebrows!! I never thought I could use it since I have baby blonde hair and super light eyebrows, but it perfectly sculpts them and gives them a little bit more strength without being too bold or over the top. I seriously would rather have this stuff on my eyebrows than even wear mascara if I had to choose. Its amazing, so transformative!

Yet again another brilliant product from MAC. i loved this shade of Charcoal Brown as well because it matched the shade of my brows, but also made my blue eyes pop. This shadow sets perfectly when used on my brows - Teamed with a drugstore angle brush, and really creates a shape which i believe does make me look better. The pot is a nice small design, perfect for handbag carrying, but i do believe would be better a bit bigger, and the lid is quite a struggle to lift sometimes. There is also no sparkle to this product and is a block color nice on my eyelids. The tone really suits blue eyes and definitely makes them stand out. I will be purchasing this again on my next shopping trip as i lost mine, a must have for blue eyed girls everywhere!

on 9/2/2012 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

This product is perfect for filling in my brows and doesn't leave a 'drawn on' effect which makes it subtle but effective. I can't believe how much better my brows look after using this eyeshadow and I will continue to use this product because a little goes a long way. It is definitely one of my HG products!

on 5/28/2012 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I absolutely love this for my brows! A MA matched this with me, i have dark brown brows, and it looked amazing and i had to buy it. Ive been using it for my brows, and ive never had this many compliments. I just started using it as an eyeshadow, and its just as gorgeous. I love its versatility, and it just makes this purchase so much worth my dollar. Definately repurchasing. Highly Recommend!

I bought this eyeshadow to fill in my eyebrows, the MA picked this out as my shade since I have a medium brown hair colour! That was all I was attending to use this eyeshadow for, but one day I just threw it into my crease without really thinking about it, and it instantly became my go to crease eyeshadow. I love it, it goes great with a neutral lid, like Grain from MAC!! It blends like a dream, and is just light enough so it looks like you have eyeshadow on, but doesn't look like you caked it on! And of course you can build this shade up!! I already have a huge ol' dent in it, and I just bought it 2 months ago! I love this eyeshadow, I would just give it a try in stores/counter, and hopefully you like it as much as I do :) Must say this is a must have MAC eyeshadow :D !

I love this eyeshadow. Perfect for the crease. Neutrally brown so looks good on everyone! Could probably make a good eyebrow color too.

My staple brown eyeshadow and an absolute must-have.
It's matte so it's very versatile. Colour pay-off is reasonable but very hard to overdo. It's not hugely unique, but it's one of those good quality multi-purpose eyeshadows people need at all times.
I use it:
- to emphasise eyebrows
- In the crease to contour my eyes for a 'no make up' make up look.
- To line my eyes. It brings out the brown of my eyes and as it is soft, it defines my eyes without making them look narrow.
There's nothing ground-breaking about this review, but wanted to add to the number of reviews so people know how many people love this product.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Great for brows, love it.