COVERGIRL WetSlicks lipgloss - Sugar Maple

4.2

on 7/30/2013 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

After all these years I still have this gloss!!

This color is so pretty..a light shimmery bronzey color and it smells like vanilla cupcakes!

This goes on smooth and my lips feel moisturized..I will be sad when its gone.

on 11/30/2008 12:08:00 AM

I love "Sugar Maple". I have three colors, this is my favorite. Gorgeous by itself or over a berry or nude lip color. Smooth texture, decent staying power for a gloss.

on 11/15/2008 3:15:00 PM

I really like this shade, I tend to migrate more towards brown/bronzey colors and this fits the bill. It's shiny and shimmery but not overly so, it's still goes on nice and sheer. I don't mind the scent either, I like the smell of brown sugar! Wetslicks in general are a really nice drugstore gloss, it's nice to know that we can find these nice products and not break the bank in the process! A definite repurchase for me...

on 11/3/2008 8:02:00 AM

I really like Cover Girl wetslicks in general, but Sugar Maple is definitely my favourite colour. I love either nude or bronze lips. So this colour fits right into the category. It's very pigmented (and can very obviously seen that it is bronze) with enough shimmer but not too much. The gloss consistency for the wetslicks is very good - moisturizing and not sticky at all (I do not like sticky glosses! They are enemies to my hair). It does not last SUPER long on me, since I'm always drinking water (but it's unfair to say that lip products should last long in my opinion because we're always doing one thing or another with our lips! ;) ). So overall, it's a great gloss and I think everyone should try it at least once... it works great for autumn and winter seasons in my opinion because it makes the lip colour look a lot warmer against the cold weather!

on 1/13/2007 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

As others have said, this looks much darker in the tube than when applied, but it's all for the better. The scent is so very wonderful, it actually smells like brown sugar to me and since this was the first WetSlicks I bought I thought the scent of each of them corresponded with the shade & name, but I've since purchased another and it's the same, so silly me. Great color for late summer and fall. As with most glosses it doesn't last very long but that's the downside to gloss. Not sticky, moisturizing is only fair. But the color is great ;)

on 10/31/2006 9:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Nice gloss...It's sheer and not thick. I don't like shimmer in my lipstick or lip gloss, but this isn't too bad because you can barely see it. It doesn't last long as stickier lip glosses, but I don't mind reappyling it. What I like most about it is that it doesn't make your lips flake!

on 10/15/2005 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using this gloss for a while now and I love it. I had been looking for a natural, shimmery bronze lip gloss and took a chance buying this, and now it's one of my staple lip products. It feels very light and smooth on my lips, and while it doesn't last as long as the stickier glosses, I don't mind reapplying because I absolutely LOVE the scent. I have not tried any of the other shades for WetSlicks but this color is my absolute favorite for ANY lip gloss. I'll repurchase again and again!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm a lipgloss junkie and forever in search of the perfect all-round gloss. I have to say this comes pretty close. The texture is great, it's not sticky, it lasts losnger than most glosses (which, mind you isn't ALL that long , but still), it has mega shine and a little shimmer and the colour is a sheer bronze. I wear it alone for a little colour and shine in the daytime, and layer it over a lipstick for night. I've tried three other Wetslicks colours but this is definty my favorite. (the others were nice in terms of shine, but didn't give much colour at all)

on 9/25/2005 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

After purchasing a few iffy shades of wetslicks, this one is a very pleasant surprise. It looks like a brown glittery mess in the tube, but it applies as a sheer bronze with subtle gold shimmer on my pink-pigmented lips. It looks great over anything I've tried, including bare lips. This is MAC blasphemy, but I'll take this any day over Oh Baby. My only con is that it's not very long-lasting, because the texture is smooth and slippery rather than sticky, like longer-lasting glosses. But that's not too big a deal, because it fades more evenly as a result. Would definitely repurchase. MAC C4, golden HHH.

on 8/30/2005 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I love the slicky-ness texture and the shine of this lipgloss. Very moisturizing too. In the tube, colour looks darker but once applied, like any other gloss, colour is pretty sheer. I don't mind that though because if I wanted more intense colour, I would use a lipstick instead. Looks bronzy with a hint of gold on my lips. Gloss doesn't last that long. Great for natural/simple look.