Stephane Marais Lipstick

No Image

4.9

I bought the moisturizing lipstick No. 3 and wow, Stephane Marais really knows what making up is about. It's a creamy, flattering MLBB brick color, matches my skin tone perfectly, doesn't smudge, feather and feels great on the lips. It's unscented, highly pigmented in the European lipstick tradition, so a little goes a long way. Great quality, and I've tried Dior, YSL, Estee Lauder, Clinique, Lancome, etc. If there's a way to persuade Stephane Marais to relaunch this wonderful line, I'd sign on to it! I got mine from beautyandthebestcosmetics.com, they have the last of what's left of this great makeup line, and I've had great customer service from them.

on 1/12/2009 10:51:00 AM

After reading the reviews here I decided to buy the #4 which got so many raves. It is as others commented a really nice colour!
Its a neutral pink which is almost the same colour as my actual lips and I have quite a lot of colour in my lips.

Thank you makeupalley users for letting me know about this. I am hopeless at finding natural colours that work with me because usually I find they are too pale or brown. This is really nice and a good texture.

I also bought the# 24 colour which is a very hot pink. Not a good colour on me as it really wears me rather than me wearing it but I will pass it on to a friend or someone it suits better. So sad that this line is discontinued. It really suits me.

on 5/6/2008 6:13:00 PM

The lipstick has been discontinued, but I found some on ebay and fell in love it. The lipstick is moist, non drying and has great staying power. You cannot go wrong with this brand.

on 8/8/2007 10:59:00 PM

I would buy again if this range were not discontinued! The lipsticks come in such chic packaging. The texture is superb, creamy and sheer, only dries slightly after a few hours of use - I'd recommend a finishing gloss to retain moisture.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have tried several of his lipsticks with my favorites being #1,#4,15,34! They are incredibly creamy, pigmented and last for ages... I think the best lipsticks I've ever tried, no disgusting smells! The tube is gorgeous, designed with his famous innovative images...

I 100% agree with the poster below that #4 exactly looks like the lipstick in Mr. and Mrs. Smith movie. This is so sexy and pretty, probably the best lipstick I have used. The texture is similar to Chantecaille lipstick but better.

I just bought #35 and I LOVE IT!!! I'm a lightly tanned olive skinned girl and this lipstick works perfectly for me!! I can't believe that this line is being discontinued! It's an OUTRAGE!!! I finally found the perfect lip color! A warm peachy brown lipstick!

on 6/15/2005 10:00:00 AM

The great reviews here lead me to buy and try this lipstick...figured it wouldn't hurt and the packaging looks cute. So I bought #4 and tried it on. I felt it was unique because it goes on smooth and the color has a really natural look on lips and is moisturizing which is great cause my lips feel dry throughout the day. It has more of a pinkish color in it, but not an icky pink. Also as I was watching Mr. and Mrs. Smith at the movie theatre yesterday, I noticed that #4 is very similar to the lip color of Angelina Jolie's lip color in the movie!...and you can't miss those lips right? Really great product and fashionable!!

on 5/22/2005 6:21:00 AM

I have #15 Dark Nude which is a nice neutral "mauve-ish" deep beige. It's literally my lipcolor (I have a lot of color in my lips, but not a lot of red). #4, described at barneys.com as a "Brick" is really a nice neutral soft rose...gives me a touch of clear color. #35 or "Cappuccino" is not like any kind of latte. It's more like a medium creamy terracotta. Pretty, but nothing special. I love the formula though! Smooth texture, no wierd lipstick smell or taste, doesn't get gummy or cakey. Lovely packaging. I use this with lipliner #4 Nude or #5 Raisin which compliment them very well. Must have lip product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Wow! Love the texture of Stephane Marais Lipsticks! I, too, was a Armani fan before I tried this, but I agree with many of the others below, I must say that the Marais lipsticks are better! Yipes! :P This review is for the regular lipstick #35. On my pigmented lips and against my MMM yellow undertoned skin, this is a warm peachy nude color. It is very creamy and does not dry my lips out at all! Fabulous pigment, too! It retails for #22 and is housed in a chic art deco-ish design. Love it! I want them all now! :P