4.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

16 years ago

I own only one Japonesque brush, but I've spent a lot of time at Ulta playing with the others. I think the entire line has very good quality overall. The pure squirrel brushes (i.e., the blush brushes) are the softest brushes I've felt, and I've spent a lot of time experimenting with high-priced professional brushes at Sephora and Neiman Marcus. The powder brush is very large and dense, with good softness. The brush I bought is the new bronzer/kabuki brush. With an Ulta coupon, I got it for about $20, and you really can't beat that. I would say it's firmer than other kabuki brushes, but I experience no pricking sensation with this one as I do with my Aromaleigh Silky Star kabuki. The Aromaleigh brush is plusher and softer in feel, but for some reason it pricks my skin from time to time. I have not experienced this with the Japonesque brush, so I'm pleased with my purchase. I will definitely buy other Japonesque brushes in the future.

About reviewer (78 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone

16 years ago

I LOVE Japonesque! I have a ton of their brushes. I stumbled onto them by accident one day when I was looking for a new powder brush at Ulta and refused to pay as much as I had for my old high end powder brushes that were beginning to fall apart. I had seen the Japonesque display at least 100 times and had always ignored them because of where they were in the store and how they were packaged and displayed. One day, oddly enough, I had the common sense to pick one up just to see how it felt! It was the powder brush. I have NEVER felt a softer powder brush in all of my life. It was the fullest, densist, softest brush of all times. Their brushes are very full, do not shed, last forever, and apply makeup like a dream. They even have short handled brushes (minis) that are the same quality as the larger size for traveling and purse storage (I have these too). I think I bought both the full size set and the mini set (in their entirety) for under $200.00 - and they are better than my Bobby Brown - which I paid way more for and only have ONE size set that is falling apart... These are defintely worth trying - you will love them and they will save you some bucks... PS: They even make a fabulous little Kabuki now - for under $25.00!

About reviewer (269 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Olive, Warm

HairBrown, Kinky, Medium

EyesBlack

16 years ago

i have the powder brush and the eyebrow brush, and the small eyeshadow brush, and they are all very nice. the powder brush is soooo soft and silky and luxurious, and applies powder nicely. the eyebrow brush is stiff enough for precision application, and the eyeshadow brush is good too. really like this and will probably purchase more!

About reviewer (171 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone

HairBlack

16 years ago

I bought 5 Japonesque M/U brushes and they work really well. Their brushes are made of sable or squirrel hair and are good quality ad affordable. Their brushes are easy to clean too.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Other

from

16 years ago

I have the foundation brush and I love it! It is way better than my Paula Dorf one. Great price too! All the Japonesque brushes are really affordable and are of high quality compared to other brand name department store brushes on the market.

About reviewer (269 reviews)

SkinNormal, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

16 years ago

Got the travel version of these! Great!! Love them!

About reviewer (19 reviews)

17 years ago

love,love them just extended my collection!

About reviewer (60 reviews)

17 years ago

I got the 9 piece brush set and they are the BOMB! The utmost in professional tools, I get an awesome application each time no matter if the makeup products i am using are cheap or high end! Definitely my top pick for makeup tools.

About reviewer (165 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Tan

HairBlack

17 years ago

I bought a huge set with a case. These are really GREAT brushes!! And I bought them all for under 100. A great deal and to me compare with MAC brushes.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

HairBlond

EyesBlue

17 years ago

Love this product!better than my TM ,MAC and Bobbi Brown brushes excellent price as well!

About reviewer (60 reviews)

The Best of MakeupAlley