Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser for Dry or Sensitive Skin

Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser for Dry or Sensitive Skin
Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser Dry or SensitivClarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser Dry or Sensitiv

3.8

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I have a super hard water at home and I live in a very dry climate, that makes it very difficult for me to really love rinse off cleansers. However if I don't wash my face with water, I don't feel my skin clean.
I'm not in love with this cleanser (find it a bit drying). But once I forgot my moisturizer, had to clean my face and go to sleep. I woke up and noticed that my skin haven't had any significant difference to any other mornings when I use moisturizer at night.

Pros:
- it cleans really well
- it doesn't leave any residue on my face
- the smell is floral and pleasant (typical for Clarins)
- it doesn't irritate my very sensitive skin
- it doesn't dry out my skin

Cons:
- it doesn't give moisture, my skin is dehydrated and I really need that

It's a very nice cleanser, but it's not for me.

on 5/5/2016 3:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Dry out skin

on 2/22/2016 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've tried alot of differnt face cleansers, but had a hard time finding one that worked well for me. I read some other reviews about Carins Gentle Foaming Cleanser, and seemed to be working well for others so gave it a try. I've been using it for over a month now, and it's really working well for me!

on 3/24/2014 9:22:00 AM

The first time I used this product I accidently got some in my eye. It was very painful and the pain long lasting. Two days later, my eye is still red with a mucous discharge. Needless to say, I am returning this cleanser to the retailer.

on 1/15/2014 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This cleanser is rich and feels beautiful when it is applied. After rinsing, skin is very clean but a bit tight and I need to use moisturiser immediately. On the plus side, you only need a tiny amount for it to do its job, but I don't think I would repurchase - there are cheaper options that are less drying.

on 12/27/2013 2:18:00 PM

At first, I really really loved this product. It made my skin feel super clean and fresh. I thought it was a good thing obviously, but then I realized it was totally stripping my skins moisture. The next morning my face was all red and irritated. Too harsh for my skin...

on 10/21/2013 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I like this cleanser. Normally with foaming cleansers my face feels really tight afterwards but this one is gentle enough not to stripe the skin of its moisture while living a very clean and comfortable feel.

on 5/28/2013 10:54:00 PM

Not a bad cleanser, just nothing special. Foams nicely, takes my makeup off without leaving my skin taut, rinses without leaving a film.....just way overpriced for a basic cleanser. Not a big fan of the fragrance but can deal with it especially since it gets washed off my face fairly quickly. If it was fragrance free and a whole lot cheaper then I would buy it again, otherwise it's not a repurchase for me.

I receive this as a travel size sample from the Macy's Clarins Counter in San Francisco.

Love Love Love this particular location by the way. If you happen to be in the area, stop at the Clarins counter and ask the lovely ladies for samples!
They are very very sweet, give me tons of samples and are not "pushy" at all or try to rush me out of here (unlike the LUSH retail store around the corner). Treat your self to a mini complimentary facial/product demonstration/face massage ahhhhhh... LOVE Macy's SF!!!!!!!

Anyway, I tried this product in the Las Vegas weather.
The smell didn't bother me, I love the elegant smell of Clarins Products.
Lather very nicely but still creamy. Rince off very easily and live my skin very clean, pores diminished, my skin was soft BUT for a sensitive/dry skin cleanser I would have expect more softness and moisture.

I will give it a second try in California weather and will post an update.
My skin is currently dehydrated because of traveling so I would recommend this face wash to someone with a normal/combination skin. I do need more moisturizing/hydrating products for my skin at this time.

on 9/21/2012 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

oh my goodness this is SO strongly scented. For that reason alone I don't really want to put it on my face. I'd return it if I could but they don't accept opened items. From the 3 times I've used it it seems pretty mild, doesn't foam up much. Cant tell how well it removes makeup and whatnot as I haven't been wearing much MU lately. It may work great but for those of you who don't like heavy fragranced cleanser, beware of the strong scent. I wish companies didnt persist in fragrancing their products so much!