Jane staying powder loose powder

No Image

3.5

Price: $

Price: $

on 11/1/2011 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I alternate between this and Cover Girl's loose pressed powder, this in "Colorless" and the CG in "Translucent" - they're still too dark, since I'm a PPP. However, they're the lightest super-cheapie powders that I've found in my local drugstores, so here we are.

I've used this as my undereye/concealer-setting powder forever, and my everyday setting powder off and on for the past year or so. It works fine as the undereye powder, but I was having problems with it as my setting powder, namely it building poorly and looking suuuper cakey over my blemishes and dry patches. The coverage was just generally inconsistent, but I've been trying to change it up with using this vs. my few higher-end products, so that they high end stuff can last longer.

I applied it with a large fluffy powder brush all over as my last step, blending it in well and putting an extra bit under my eyes to prevent mascara/liner smudging and bleeding. The cakeyness prevailed, and I thought that that's just what happens with my face, even though I *know* that it hasn't always looked like that..

So, as silly as this may sound this late in the game, I tried applying it differently. *GASP* - shocker, right? I know, I know, it's stupid that I waited this long to do something different. What's that quote, "The definition of stupidity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results?".. Something like that. So, this morning I tried applying it with my kabuki brush, and it went on much more smoothly! Or so it seemed..

It's mid-morning; I put it on about 4 hours ago, and I had to blot and re-apply my mattifying translucent powder that I carry, because it hasn't held up that well. However, nothing does. I'm just a giant combo/oily mess that looks like crap in any powder, and that's the truth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Long, long story short: This is okay, and does a good enough job for the (low, low) price. I think I paid something like $3.29 for it, and I've had it for over a year, still *plenty* left in it.

on 10/1/2010 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

There are very few things in my makeup routine that I must have...loose powder is one of them. I am very impressed with the Jane staying power loose powder, I bought it in colorless but would describe it as a light beige color. I have use it on its own and also to set my makeup. It works well either ways and best of all it doesn't "DRY" out my skin.

on 1/30/2009 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I got this to use under my eyes to catch e/s fall out and it works great for it. But now i use it more often than i thought. I use it to set my makeup and it works great. For the price i will definitely buy again.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this in "colorless". I am Asian and have a yellow undertone. When I wear this, it makes my face look sort of washed out, unlike really good powders that give a glow. However, my T-zone normally gets pretty oily and shiny throughout the day, and this powder is excellent at absorbing oil, and lasts without touchups for about 6 hours.

It has A LOT of powder (.7 oz) for only $4, and I got this BOGO at rite-aid, so I don't have much to complain about.

on 1/7/2009 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Other than the useless puff I like this loose powder. I use this on days I'm not using BE make up....and it seems to control oil pretty good on me and I don't look chalky. I would get this again.

on 4/25/2009 7:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I really love this powder. I use it to set my foundation and it really does make it last all day. Also, it doesn't rub off on things like some other powders that I've tried. I had to take off a lippie based on the fact that the packaging is total bullpoo when it says colorless, it does have a good amount of color to it. For those with darker skin it would be way way too light and probably really noticeable, but on my fair skin it doesn't show much at all. I'm not a fan of the packaging though, it can get a bit messy. The little poof isn't that great but I put that on top, flip the jar upside down, then use what come out of the sifter with my ecotools brush instead. Works great.

Like all my other Jane products, I probably wont be able to buy them again, but I did buy the two I could find, along with one of the pressed powders.

This product is janes be pure loose mineral powder.I use it over my mineral makeup as my finishing powder sometimes instead of mineral veil.It's a bit glowy ,evens my skin out and seems to last a long time.The container is a sifter container like alot of mineral make ups. It was about 5.99 not too bad.Contains ,no talc,won't clog poresa and is fragrance free.It has an spf of 15.I have been using it for about 3 months and have noticed no side effects ,like itching ,and I have sensitive skin.I would definitely repurchase this product.

on 6/28/2008 10:37:00 PM

This product really irritates me because 'colorless' is really anything but. I have a hard enough time finding something that matches my skin tone, why would I want to get a powder that is ORANGE and dust it over my skin?! It's too bad too because this really does look decent over makeup, and does a respectable job of controlling oil. As far as the package goes, the holes in the sifter are way too big, and the puff that comes with this is useless. If you are anything but orange, avoid this powder.

The label "colorless" is completely misleading. This looked like dirt smudged across my face, ruining even the most beautiful foundation application. Okay at keeping oil at bay, but the orangey shade is unacceptable.

on 10/28/2007 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Good product for the price. Good coverage and oily control. It hold about 4-5 hours at room tempture.
Poor color series and it is not very fine milled. Colorless maybe is the only choice for me. The other colors are way too much pink.