Kerastase Elasto Curl Mousse

No Image

2.8

on 1/23/2015 1:27:00 PM

You'd think that Kerastase only makes good nutritive fabulous stuff, and then you have this.
I dont get it. Its soo bad. I have long medium curly hair and this is what i got;
Light hold, awful baby-curls and crispy hair. No antifrizz what so ever :(
Costs a lot and doesnt deliver. Better to stand in the rain with your hair down.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

By far the worst Kerastase produce I have ever tried. I love this line in general and willingly (if not exactly happily) shell out the bucks. But this mousse was a complete waste. It doesn't define, it sure doesn't help with frizz, and it has no hold. It is so watery (which I suppose is to not weigh curls down) that it is almost like putting nothing in. I am going to finish it up in the winter when I don't need as much help with frizz and my Kieh'ls leave-in conditioner can handle the frizz. And only when I wear my hair back. No way to use it during the summer or when I'm wearing it down.

on 4/24/2007 10:17:00 AM

It's hard to find a good product for curly hair. My hair is fine and curly though some parts of it tend to be straight, but I found this product to be awesome. It's light and doesn't leave your curls all crunchy. What I found however is that a little goes a long way so what I usually do is put it on in four sections and scrunch it through. Then I comb it and allow to airdry. It leaves it touchable and smells good.

i wish i had seen these reviews before i purchased this product. i bought it because i saw it at a discount store for less than it usually sells for, and was lured in by the brand name. it really does not enhance curliness as well as other products. my favorite thus far is bumble & bumble's curl creme, followed by curl friends "seduce" pomade. on my hair, which is a bit longer than shoulder length, thick, fine, and pretty wavy, it eliminated frizz but did not enhance my curl. it produced more of a loose wave, sort of beachy. i'm not sure whether i like it or not yet, but it's definitely less curly than it would be with no product. it did not smell bad to me, sort of an intense peachy soapy smell, not like windex. my hair feels soft and is rather piece-y. i used about 4-5 pumps.

on 1/9/2006 11:57:00 PM

Not such a good product.
So far the only product from Kerastase that hasn't worked for me.
I do have thin hair but i find that the definition cream - leave in, works much much better.
Won't be buying again

on 1/28/2006 9:33:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I really wanted to fall in love with the Elasto-Curl line, since it seemed designed for me - I have looser ringlets that tend to get weighed down by styling products designed for curly hair. So in my search for a product that would encourage ringlets and give me more shine/less frizz I tried this, which is supposedly for fine hair. It has the consistency of water, which makes application a bit tricky. It has an almost imperceptible smell....faintly of some sort of citrusy/fresh air body wash or something. The mousse does give nice volume near the roots, but on its own is like using nothing at all. So now i am searching for a product with hold. I wouldn't buy this again, esp. in the states where it costs almost forty bucks; too much to pay for what is basically a volumizer. Although it doesn't seem to build up or weigh my hair down, and it has no residual stickiness or stiffness. So I guess that's a plus. UPDATE: yeah, this does smell a bit like eau de Windex. BUT it works great when used in conjunction with other products to define the curl. I add it to my roots wherever I want volume.

I share the bewilderment about this product - most Kerastase products have lived up to their claims for me so far, but this one barely did anything. I have color treated, medium thick, wavy hair that curls very easily. However, this only helped the curl slightly and I am not fond of the scent either, which is very alcohol-ey and smells like a much cheaper product! It works a little, hence the 3 lippies, but definitely not worth the price. I haven't tried any of the rest of the Elasto-Curl line - maybe the mousse just isn't thick enough for my hair and one of the heavier creme-based products would be better...

on 9/19/2005 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have come to the realization that even though I have fine hair, I need a cream styling product, or else I'll end up with frizz. I have long wavy fine hair. Using this product on a humid day is like using nothing at all, it just ends up as a pile of frizz. on a dry day, it's OK, but still some frizz. I have had better results when I use a lot of product and also combine it with a definer like Bumble and Bumble Brilliantine. It's a real shame that this product is so very expensive because it doesn't do much. My aussi dual personality anti frizz cream is $2.50 and gives me soft frizz free waves!! I love some of the other Kerastase products but I just can't reccomend this one.

This smells great and you would think it would really define curls...but alas, even on my curly hair, it doesn't. So the good news is you don't end up with crunchy curls. The bad news is you don't really end up with curls! Smells great, goes on light, but just doesn't do the job you need, especially for the price.

on 1/31/2005 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This is really expensive - $29 for 5 oz. - but good. It has an unpleasant smell like Windex while you're putting it on, which it why I took off a point. Other than that, it shapes my waves really well, doesn't leave my hair sticky at all, and adds volume. I also love the packaging -- instead of the usual "Reddi-Whip" style mousse dispenser, it has a pump that you depress while the can is upright, and it puts out a light, easily spreadable foam.

Popular Styling Products