Avene Cold Cream Lip Balm

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel

2.8

SQUALANE, RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL (RICINUS COMMUNIS SEED OIL), BEESWAX (CERA ALBA), BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER (BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER), MINERAL OIL (PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM), COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX (COPERNICIA CERIFERA CERA), ALUMINUM SUCROSE OCTASULFATE, GLYCERYL LINOLEATE, AVENE THERMAL SPRING WATER, BISABOLOL, FRAGRANCE, GLYCERYL LINOLENATE, GLYCERYL OLEATE, GLYCERYL PALMITATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE - GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) OIL (GLYCINE SOJA OIL), MICA, STEARYL GLYCYRRHETINATE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), TOCOPHEROL , TOCOPHERYL ACETATE.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this after seeing some really good reviews here on MUA. I've been using it constantly for a while now and have to say I'm pretty disappointed.

First up, I really dislike the packaging. The tube is too wide for my liking. I don't get a very precise application with it, it seems like any way I apply it I end up with it outside my lips.

The product itself is very creamy and feels good on my lips. However, it doesn't last very long. I find myself reapplying it constantly. It does leave a bit of a white cast on your lips, but it wasn't anything that really bothered me. It also has a bit of a pearl-essence to it, but it is nothing too noticeable.

The last thing I disliked about this lip balm is the price. I think I paid just over $10 for it from Amazon. If it was a miracle product I wouldn't mind the price. However, since it really didn't impress me, I can't justify paying that much for a lip balm again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

My lips were a bit dry so I decided to buy Avene Cold Cream Balm, since I trust a lot on this brand. It's an OK product, doesn't works miracles. The package is good looking and practical. The product, on the other hand, is sticky, leaving my lips with a white bad tasting film. It has also some kind of "glitter" in it, not exactly glitter, but something that shines. Didn't feel my lips soft and moisturized, but restored.

I'll give 3 stars because I think it's a wonderful product for people with lips that are hurted, wounded and cracking of dryness. It really restores your skin, but if you're looking for softness and moisture, there are better products out there, not to mention that it's greasy and tastes bitter.

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Does nothing for my lips, plus they look weird and white -ish with this 'mosturiser' on. One of the worst lip mosturisers i' ve ever bought

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Unfortunately this doesnt provide enough moisture for my dehydrated lips. It even made them more dry and chapped. It leaves a white-ish tint, but its a cold cream after all, so Im fine with that. Also the smell doesnt bother me at all, I kind of like it. But as I mentioned, this balm is not moisturizing enough for my lips and I have cheaper stuff that preforms way better than this, so I wont repurchase it and Ill give it away, as I only used it 4x.

Yes, this stuff is expensive, $15 CAD, but it is fabulously moisturizing and soothing. I like the fragrance and the sheen. I'm addicted!

This isn't really a lip gloss, but more of a no-frills no-thrills lip balm. It is quite creamy, and has a delicate scent which is pleasant, but I can't say it's fantastically moisturising, especially for the price.. maybe 'cause it isn't winter my lips aren't dry. Regardless, I don't think I'd buy it again 'cause it's nothing special, especially for 17 AU dollars.