Avene Cold Cream Lip Balm

Filtered by eye Color : Blue

3.9

SQUALANE, RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL (RICINUS COMMUNIS SEED OIL), BEESWAX (CERA ALBA), BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER (BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER), MINERAL OIL (PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM), COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX (COPERNICIA CERIFERA CERA), ALUMINUM SUCROSE OCTASULFATE, GLYCERYL LINOLEATE, AVENE THERMAL SPRING WATER, BISABOLOL, FRAGRANCE, GLYCERYL LINOLENATE, GLYCERYL OLEATE, GLYCERYL PALMITATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE - GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) OIL (GLYCINE SOJA OIL), MICA, STEARYL GLYCYRRHETINATE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), TOCOPHEROL , TOCOPHERYL ACETATE.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

A must have for cold Canadian winters. I walk a lot outside during the winter and work at a cold ice rink and my lips see the effects of the weather. I love the taste and smell of this, it's mild and unlike most lip balms it doesn't make me cough. It is quite thick but that's to be expected given that it is cold cream.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I'm on Accutane and this is really saving my life in the harsh Canadian winter. It protects and nourishes my poor tender lips and just makes them feel 100% better. There is a slight scent, but it's not much and there's no gross taste. The packaging is really solid and nice.

The only problem is that it's very thick and you can't really put it under a lipstick or anything, so I largely wear it at home or when I don't really care that my lips have a slightly white cast. Other than that it's the perfect product. It is expensive, but it's definitely worth it to me.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I only use this at night because it does leave your lips a little white but it's super moisturizing and great for winter chapped lips. My go to night lip balm was La Mer but I like this about equal and it's $10 rather than $50 so I'll keep buying. Only complaint is that the tube did not last very long but that could also be because I loved it so much I used it constantly.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is one fabulous lip treatment! Yes, it does leave a slight white sheen, which is usually enough for me to hate enough on a lip balm to throw it out. But I just cannot ignore how well it performs. My favourite lip balm is Weledas Everon, which smells nice (like honey) and doesn't leave a tint, BUT it's not nearly as effective as this one when my lips are all dry and flaky. I can pile this on dried-out lips before bed and wake up with lips that have magically HEALED overnight. And better yet, you don't need to reapply all the time, which is why I often forget how great it is.

Really great for outdoor activities in cold weather as well, unlike those balms that are mainly petrolatum-based.

Alright, so it's waaay too soon for me to write a review of this product...I just got a free one from the Glytone rep at work this morning, but I am already in love! It has a wonderful smell, shea butter-like, and is soooo soothing and creamy. I already have lipstick on, so I can't comment on the white cast. There is a slight shimmer to the product. I totally love this stuff. I don't know that I would ever have purchased it on my own, it's rather expensive for a lip balm, but I will definitely be using this a million times a day! I've most recently been using the EOS lip balm, which is tasty and fun to apply, but I lick it all off so it's not extremely moisturizing. This Lip balm with cold cream feels like a nice deep moisturizing creamy salve for lips. LOVE.

I'm honestly shocked at how low the reviews are on this product. I've never found a better lip balm out there for my lips. As for the white sheen - I rarely get that, and only get it when I apply too much.

I've gone through about 15 tubes since I found out about this product in 2008. I keep buying it for people's Christmas/Birthday gifts too.

It doesn't do anything special for my lips, except giving them a white, spooky color. I will not ever repurchase, it isn't moisturizing at all!

This is a good lipbalm, it used to be my favourite. I do not have a problem with white lips when i use it, but if it is over applied i think the lips could look pale. It is too expensive for the job it does. There are other products in the same pricerange (and cheaper) doing a better job, so i wont repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Its a very good lip balm. It moisturizes and conditions my lips very well. When applied lightly, it doesnt leave white film. Unfortunately, I find its fragrance unusually strong for lip balms. I will also lower the grade because it doesnt have any UVA/UVB protection. Because of that, I use it only at night.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have to say that this little thing work's wonder's for me, I have the most driest lips on earth, cracking 1cm deep, and the only thing that work's till now it my HG Superbalm Moisturizing Gloss Clinique that I will be still in love but it's nice to have something else that works. Many people complain about the sheen, but actually for me it's works very well and almost looks like a lipstick.