Avene Cold Cream Lip Balm

Filtered by hair type : Curly

3.0

SQUALANE, RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL (RICINUS COMMUNIS SEED OIL), BEESWAX (CERA ALBA), BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER (BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER), MINERAL OIL (PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM), COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX (COPERNICIA CERIFERA CERA), ALUMINUM SUCROSE OCTASULFATE, GLYCERYL LINOLEATE, AVENE THERMAL SPRING WATER, BISABOLOL, FRAGRANCE, GLYCERYL LINOLENATE, GLYCERYL OLEATE, GLYCERYL PALMITATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE - GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) OIL (GLYCINE SOJA OIL), MICA, STEARYL GLYCYRRHETINATE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), TOCOPHEROL , TOCOPHERYL ACETATE.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I've tried this lip balm as an alternative to my usual Burt's Bees when I ran out. I've used other products from Avene and they were hit or miss. This was definitely a miss.

Upon application it gave the appearance of chapped lips. Perhaps its because I've darker colored lips that it didn't work on me. I'll give it the benefit of doubt nonetheless, they should have specified it.

Furthermore, the lip balm left a heavy, uncomfortable sensation on the lips. It did not seem to hydrate my lips much either. I did not enjoy a single application of this lip balm. I simply used it to try and make the most of my money. I've since gone back to my Burt's Bees Red Dahlia tinted lip balm and I've got more hydrated lips plus a coat of flattering sheer color all for a lower price than this appalling product.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a very thick, creamy balm in stick format, but as some other reviewers have mentioned, it leaves a white film on the lips -- so I don't want to use it during the day on its own -- and is too moisturizing to use under lipstick -- so I don't use it in the morning. I use this every once in a while as a night treatment (switching off with aquaphor). If it were in a tub or tube and marketed as an overnight treatment, I'd have given this a higher score. I'm fine with the unobtrusive aroma. I bought this at the same time I bought the LaRoche Posay lip balm -- which was EUR 3 cheaper! -- and that product is so much better. I usually love Avene products. This one definitely moisturizes my lips overnight, it's just not a product to toss in your purse and use during the day unless you want to affect a 60's mod look of super pale lips!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got this free with the hand cream so decided to try it as 14 $ seems steep for a chap stick to me. I've used it a week now, and progressively my lips have actually dried out. I am a fan of some Avene products, and some I didn't really find were good for my skin needs. This is one of those products I think. While I don't mind the white cast, or even the odd scent (dunno why but it smells like scented doll heads... Like Strawberry shortcake or something I had as a kid), I do mind how itchy, scaley and dry my lips got. Likely a reaction to some ingredient as plenty of lip products (and other things) tend to do this. I won't repurchase and I'll probably give this away and go back to my beeswax based balms and Vaseline.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I buy the lip cream (one in the squeeze tube) over and over again..im in the driest winter climate and NOTHING else heals and moisturizes like this one. No smell, No fragrance. Well worth the $16!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This product doesn't moisturize, it's expensive and leaves a white residue (freakish residue) on the lips. I would not recommend. Try Chapstick instead--cheaper and it works!!