Avene Cold Cream Lip Balm

Filtered by hair type : Wavy

3.6

SQUALANE, RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL (RICINUS COMMUNIS SEED OIL), BEESWAX (CERA ALBA), BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER (BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER), MINERAL OIL (PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM), COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX (COPERNICIA CERIFERA CERA), ALUMINUM SUCROSE OCTASULFATE, GLYCERYL LINOLEATE, AVENE THERMAL SPRING WATER, BISABOLOL, FRAGRANCE, GLYCERYL LINOLENATE, GLYCERYL OLEATE, GLYCERYL PALMITATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE - GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) OIL (GLYCINE SOJA OIL), MICA, STEARYL GLYCYRRHETINATE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), TOCOPHEROL , TOCOPHERYL ACETATE.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

A must have for cold Canadian winters. I walk a lot outside during the winter and work at a cold ice rink and my lips see the effects of the weather. I love the taste and smell of this, it's mild and unlike most lip balms it doesn't make me cough. It is quite thick but that's to be expected given that it is cold cream.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am almost ready to toss this! I had initially bought this to replace my burts bee mango lipbalm..not that I dislike the burts bees one but it had a pretty strong fragrance to it. I bought the avene one thinking it would work even better and without the fragrance. After using this for about a week, I didn't notice any difference to my chapped lips. I used it often as an overnight lip treatment. It goes on kinda thick ( you can see white residue on your lips immediately after applying) and in the morning I would still be able to see the thick layer on my lips. On my first try, I thought it meant I would have smooth soft lips in the morning. However, it was just gross and peeling. I tried it day after day and it was still the same. I ended up applying it at night and scrubbing at my lips with my toothbrush to remove the layer of lipbalm along with my peeling lips. Almost tempted to buy Dior creme de rose now.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I'm on Accutane and this is really saving my life in the harsh Canadian winter. It protects and nourishes my poor tender lips and just makes them feel 100% better. There is a slight scent, but it's not much and there's no gross taste. The packaging is really solid and nice.

The only problem is that it's very thick and you can't really put it under a lipstick or anything, so I largely wear it at home or when I don't really care that my lips have a slightly white cast. Other than that it's the perfect product. It is expensive, but it's definitely worth it to me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got this because moving to an actually cold climate for winter has given me angular cheilitis, and I read that lanolin is great for that. This has lanolin, but also petroleum :( Regardless, it has really helped my lips retain moisture. I think when it comes to lip balms, there are two sorts of folk- those who 'drier' lip balms like this and EOS work well on, and those who 'drier' lip balms don't work on at all.

If EOS works for you, this will probably work as well. The price is a bit steep, but it will last awhile.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

My lips were a bit dry so I decided to buy Avene Cold Cream Balm, since I trust a lot on this brand. It's an OK product, doesn't works miracles. The package is good looking and practical. The product, on the other hand, is sticky, leaving my lips with a white bad tasting film. It has also some kind of "glitter" in it, not exactly glitter, but something that shines. Didn't feel my lips soft and moisturized, but restored.

I'll give 3 stars because I think it's a wonderful product for people with lips that are hurted, wounded and cracking of dryness. It really restores your skin, but if you're looking for softness and moisture, there are better products out there, not to mention that it's greasy and tastes bitter.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This chapstick was horrible. It did nothing for my lips. Whenever it wore off, my lips didnt look or feel any better. It leaves a sparkly white, kind of chalky, residue too. It was also pretty pricey for a chap stick.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is my all-time favorite lip balm. I have never had anything as moisturizing as this! Sometimes I just apply it once a day and my lips will good for the day! Again, I'm a flight attendant so when I work my lips get crazy dry and I am always moisturizing my lips and this stuff is amazing! It is the best lip balm I really have ever tried! I've had this for a little over a year now and I am almost finished. It is a great product, I highly recommend this!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Unfortunately this doesnt provide enough moisture for my dehydrated lips. It even made them more dry and chapped. It leaves a white-ish tint, but its a cold cream after all, so Im fine with that. Also the smell doesnt bother me at all, I kind of like it. But as I mentioned, this balm is not moisturizing enough for my lips and I have cheaper stuff that preforms way better than this, so I wont repurchase it and Ill give it away, as I only used it 4x.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

One of the most moisturizing lipbalms I have ever tried. Unfortunately it leaves a white layer, but it is great to use as a lip-mask in the night or while at home relaxing (alone, thi-hee).

Would I buy this product again? Yes

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is an excellent lip balm, if a bit on the pricey side. As a fan of Avene's other products, I find this one to be of similar quality though not nearly as long lasting (for some reason I go through this particular lip balm more quickly than any other Avene item, even though I apply it no more often). I agree with the other reviewers in that it can leave a faint white film on the lips if applied more heavily, but this does not generally bother me, as I tend to only wear it at home. (This might be a consideration for those who wish to wear it under lipstick, however, as it might alter the color a bit). The texture is wonderful, very comfortable, with considerable staying power. I also don't mind the scent, which reminds me of baby lotion...all in all, worth repurchasing if my budget allows.