Avene Cold Cream Lip Balm

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive

3.4

SQUALANE, RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL (RICINUS COMMUNIS SEED OIL), BEESWAX (CERA ALBA), BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER (BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER), MINERAL OIL (PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM), COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX (COPERNICIA CERIFERA CERA), ALUMINUM SUCROSE OCTASULFATE, GLYCERYL LINOLEATE, AVENE THERMAL SPRING WATER, BISABOLOL, FRAGRANCE, GLYCERYL LINOLENATE, GLYCERYL OLEATE, GLYCERYL PALMITATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE - GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) OIL (GLYCINE SOJA OIL), MICA, STEARYL GLYCYRRHETINATE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), TOCOPHEROL , TOCOPHERYL ACETATE.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I just tossed mine. If I had nice lips and were just looking for some protection, it could be ok. But I want something that really moisturizes. It covers with a very thick layer, but does not last. When the layer is gone, I still have the same lips as before. No added moisture or repair. Nothing. Same dry lips needing protection. I can think of many lip balms and even lipsticks that do better. Waste of money. Oh, and bought in Germany.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I don't understand this... Some avene products are my HG but this... So weird... It's just a white nothing. Even dries the lips out.

Not moisturing. Nothing at all. I have other lip balms on my table (I use 2 - 1 for night, the other for day) so I had to try the other to confirm that the sensation again.

Once again, what is this nonsense!?!?

I am throwing this out. Yucks!

I've tried all kinds of lip balms and I seem to be allergic to something in them. Even the most expensive brands make my lips swollen and itchy. This one doesn't, it leaves my lips soft and hydrated. I always come back to this!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got this free with the hand cream so decided to try it as 14 $ seems steep for a chap stick to me. I've used it a week now, and progressively my lips have actually dried out. I am a fan of some Avene products, and some I didn't really find were good for my skin needs. This is one of those products I think. While I don't mind the white cast, or even the odd scent (dunno why but it smells like scented doll heads... Like Strawberry shortcake or something I had as a kid), I do mind how itchy, scaley and dry my lips got. Likely a reaction to some ingredient as plenty of lip products (and other things) tend to do this. I won't repurchase and I'll probably give this away and go back to my beeswax based balms and Vaseline.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

For reference: fair, sensitive, dry, eczemaic skin/lips. recovering from severely dry/flaky lips.

INGREDIENTS - Product utilizes an unique ingredient, which is used as a moisture barrier post-surgery within the stomach

PRICE - For $15 a pop, my expectations were high for this lip balm! Rec was that I use it twice a day and it should last for for 6 months - This is not realistic to me. I use it a few times throughout the day, which is a change from 50 times a day with my go-to Blistex tube.

TRIAL - Great staying power. It has withstood the make-out test. I've been using this for a few days now. The first couple days, I had to re-apply numerous times throughout the day, but the need for re-application is decreasing as my lips recover.

TEXTURE - It sinks into my lips quickly and soon feels like the product evaporates, but this doesn't seem to be the case.It is unlike regular, waxy lip balms that smother your lips with moisture and sit there.

BENEFIT - nicer lips for smooth lipstick application that I haven't had before. Loving it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Unfortunately this doesnt provide enough moisture for my dehydrated lips. It even made them more dry and chapped. It leaves a white-ish tint, but its a cold cream after all, so Im fine with that. Also the smell doesnt bother me at all, I kind of like it. But as I mentioned, this balm is not moisturizing enough for my lips and I have cheaper stuff that preforms way better than this, so I wont repurchase it and Ill give it away, as I only used it 4x.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

One of the most moisturizing lipbalms I have ever tried. Unfortunately it leaves a white layer, but it is great to use as a lip-mask in the night or while at home relaxing (alone, thi-hee).

Would I buy this product again? Yes

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Just converted to the 'avene' line and decided to go all the way-to the lips!
I was a true devotee of Dr.Hauschka lip balm for years but decided to give this a go and was blown away!
I keep it light cause of the 'white look' if over applied and within hours my normally dry cracked lips were comforable!
I also like the colour my lips have become - almost a softer even natural tone.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I don't really like this. It leaves this white film and doesn't feel hydrating enough. But it's good for one thing though - I can apply it in cold weather and I feel it protects my lips from freezing and chapping. I appreciate it now when it's -15 C. For that reason alone I give it 3 lippies. But I won't repurchase. EDIT: ok, I've tolerated this long enough, it's time to throw it out. I was waiting for something that would justify the high price, some quality I was not careful enough to notice at the beginning, but it really does not add any moisture.. ugh! Why is it so expensive when it's so useless?

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I found this in Shoppers Drug Mart on a recent trip to Toronto. I'm a lip-balm-aholic who needs lip balm at all times - and quite heavy, oily balms at night to combat parched lips - and this lip balm really delivers. Sure, using it during the day means rubbing my lips together to make sure there's no white cast, but the balm slides on smoothly and seems to stay on my lips much longer than anything else I've tried. The soothing cold cream ingredients make the balm feel kind of heavy on my lips, but I'm looking for this, so it's a plus. Hopefully these same ingredients won't give me breakouts around my lips, but I'll update if this happens. For now, this is my HG! If only I lived closer to Canada, so I could replenish my supply more often...