Avene Cold Cream Lip Balm

Filtered by skin tone : Other

2.0

SQUALANE, RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL (RICINUS COMMUNIS SEED OIL), BEESWAX (CERA ALBA), BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER (BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER), MINERAL OIL (PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM), COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX (COPERNICIA CERIFERA CERA), ALUMINUM SUCROSE OCTASULFATE, GLYCERYL LINOLEATE, AVENE THERMAL SPRING WATER, BISABOLOL, FRAGRANCE, GLYCERYL LINOLENATE, GLYCERYL OLEATE, GLYCERYL PALMITATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE - GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) OIL (GLYCINE SOJA OIL), MICA, STEARYL GLYCYRRHETINATE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), TOCOPHEROL , TOCOPHERYL ACETATE.

I actually love this lip balm. It's my favorite. Yes, it does leave a white film on lips, but it's only bothersome if you pile it on. If you apply lightly, the white sheen is actually quite lovely and not too obvious. I found this VERY moisturizing, unlike many lip treatments I've tried. This summer, I spent every single day for 2 months at the beach, and though my now toned, tan body didn't mind (hehe), my lips really suffered. This is the only thing that healed them.

This Avene lip balm is my HG, along with Blistex Lip Conditioner (which is amazing as well) and the original Labello (blue packaging).

I took away one lippy because if you do apply too much, the white film is hideous. But again, if applied lightly, the discreet whiteness looks very sophisticated and, dare I say...sexy.

I really love Avene products, but not this one. It leaves a white film on the lips and I really don't feel any moisture at all. Just white grease.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I don't really like this. It leaves this white film and doesn't feel hydrating enough. But it's good for one thing though - I can apply it in cold weather and I feel it protects my lips from freezing and chapping. I appreciate it now when it's -15 C. For that reason alone I give it 3 lippies. But I won't repurchase. EDIT: ok, I've tolerated this long enough, it's time to throw it out. I was waiting for something that would justify the high price, some quality I was not careful enough to notice at the beginning, but it really does not add any moisture.. ugh! Why is it so expensive when it's so useless?

Skin: Dry, Other, Cool

I didn't like this lipbalm at all. It made my lips dry, irritated and they burned like crazy after using for a couple of days. I think I spent about $9 for this at CVS and it's one of the worst lipbalms I've used.

Top Rated Lip Treatments