Avene Cold Cream Lip Balm

3.2

SQUALANE, RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL (RICINUS COMMUNIS SEED OIL), BEESWAX (CERA ALBA), BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER (BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER), MINERAL OIL (PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM), COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX (COPERNICIA CERIFERA CERA), ALUMINUM SUCROSE OCTASULFATE, GLYCERYL LINOLEATE, AVENE THERMAL SPRING WATER, BISABOLOL, FRAGRANCE, GLYCERYL LINOLENATE, GLYCERYL OLEATE, GLYCERYL PALMITATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE - GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) OIL (GLYCINE SOJA OIL), MICA, STEARYL GLYCYRRHETINATE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), TOCOPHEROL , TOCOPHERYL ACETATE.

My lips had angular chelitis (cracking along the corners of my mouth) and were so badly chapped that scabbing started to occur on my lips. This lip balm cured my lips in a matter of days when no other lip balm could. I like how it preps my lips for lip sticks and nourishes them before bed. Although pricey I find it highly worth the money. The packaging on mine the lid cracked a little so thats not a plus but I like the angular shape of the lip balm which feels like im applying a lipstick

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

A must have for cold Canadian winters. I walk a lot outside during the winter and work at a cold ice rink and my lips see the effects of the weather. I love the taste and smell of this, it's mild and unlike most lip balms it doesn't make me cough. It is quite thick but that's to be expected given that it is cold cream.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I keep repurchasing this product again and again for years, because it is my favorite lip care product! I used to have terrible chapped lips and I was trying various brands' lip balms and butters to find the perfect one. I really tried a lot so that I can compare them.

The product claims that ''it relieves dry, flaky and chapped lips, and cocoons the skin in an emollient barrier that protects against external aggressors. Also it Immediately softens lips as it heals, restores and protects.''
I coudn't explained it better. Everything is true! It does what a lip balm should do and even more. There is not a single disadvantage, at least for me.This is my HG!!

I LOVE this, and I'm shocked that there aren't more positive reviews! I'm on accutane, and this is the ONLY thing other than Aquaphor that helps me. Bought it on a total whim - I left home without anything for my lips and soon enough my lips were dying of thirst.

The packaging sucks (the tube cracked almost immediately) and I used up half of the stick in only a week. It leaves an opaque white coat (which I think looks nice, even though I'm a guy. whatever).

Who cares though? INSTANT relief!!! My lips look and feel great for HOURS after using this product, and on accutane this is a RARITY (anyone who has taken it will know). I still stick to Aquaphor at night, just because this lip balm is so expensive. But it's portable, which Aquaphor is not. I wish I knew about this earlier on.

5/5, hands DOWN.

I've tried all kinds of lip balms and I seem to be allergic to something in them. Even the most expensive brands make my lips swollen and itchy. This one doesn't, it leaves my lips soft and hydrated. I always come back to this!

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I buy the lip cream (one in the squeeze tube) over and over again..im in the driest winter climate and NOTHING else heals and moisturizes like this one. No smell, No fragrance. Well worth the $16!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

For reference: fair, sensitive, dry, eczemaic skin/lips. recovering from severely dry/flaky lips.

INGREDIENTS - Product utilizes an unique ingredient, which is used as a moisture barrier post-surgery within the stomach

PRICE - For $15 a pop, my expectations were high for this lip balm! Rec was that I use it twice a day and it should last for for 6 months - This is not realistic to me. I use it a few times throughout the day, which is a change from 50 times a day with my go-to Blistex tube.

TRIAL - Great staying power. It has withstood the make-out test. I've been using this for a few days now. The first couple days, I had to re-apply numerous times throughout the day, but the need for re-application is decreasing as my lips recover.

TEXTURE - It sinks into my lips quickly and soon feels like the product evaporates, but this doesn't seem to be the case.It is unlike regular, waxy lip balms that smother your lips with moisture and sit there.

BENEFIT - nicer lips for smooth lipstick application that I haven't had before. Loving it!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I only use this at night because it does leave your lips a little white but it's super moisturizing and great for winter chapped lips. My go to night lip balm was La Mer but I like this about equal and it's $10 rather than $50 so I'll keep buying. Only complaint is that the tube did not last very long but that could also be because I loved it so much I used it constantly.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is one fabulous lip treatment! Yes, it does leave a slight white sheen, which is usually enough for me to hate enough on a lip balm to throw it out. But I just cannot ignore how well it performs. My favourite lip balm is Weledas Everon, which smells nice (like honey) and doesn't leave a tint, BUT it's not nearly as effective as this one when my lips are all dry and flaky. I can pile this on dried-out lips before bed and wake up with lips that have magically HEALED overnight. And better yet, you don't need to reapply all the time, which is why I often forget how great it is.

Really great for outdoor activities in cold weather as well, unlike those balms that are mainly petrolatum-based.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is my all-time favorite lip balm. I have never had anything as moisturizing as this! Sometimes I just apply it once a day and my lips will good for the day! Again, I'm a flight attendant so when I work my lips get crazy dry and I am always moisturizing my lips and this stuff is amazing! It is the best lip balm I really have ever tried! I've had this for a little over a year now and I am almost finished. It is a great product, I highly recommend this!