Avene Cold Cream Lip Balm

3.1

This is a thick white lip balm and it leaves white residue and shimmery finish behind. That's why I use it only at night or when I am at home. Ingredientwise it's not the best, but I'm satisfied with its effect. I'll keep buying.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I've tried this lip balm as an alternative to my usual Burt's Bees when I ran out. I've used other products from Avene and they were hit or miss. This was definitely a miss.

Upon application it gave the appearance of chapped lips. Perhaps its because I've darker colored lips that it didn't work on me. I'll give it the benefit of doubt nonetheless, they should have specified it.

Furthermore, the lip balm left a heavy, uncomfortable sensation on the lips. It did not seem to hydrate my lips much either. I did not enjoy a single application of this lip balm. I simply used it to try and make the most of my money. I've since gone back to my Burt's Bees Red Dahlia tinted lip balm and I've got more hydrated lips plus a coat of flattering sheer color all for a lower price than this appalling product.

To Read all 76 Reviews, Login or Join

This is suppose to be a lip treatment cold cream. I haven't witness any drastic improvement to heel chappy lips. I don't see a reason to have to use this product if it doesn't produce better results than a regular chapstick. I might as well use a chapstick that is cheaper and more effective. This also leaves a white film on your lips which results in the person using it look sickly/dead. Makes your lips look extremely pale and unhealthy like. Don't recommend this product.

This lipbalm saved my lips. Firstly, I have a habit of putting lipbalm before sleeping.
I had an reaction to Burt Bees, my lips started to itch and soon my lips became very dry and cracked a lot. Kind of like eczema. This lasted for two weeks. I used other lip balms but it didn't help. My mom got me this to try. And my lips got better every day. Yes I was turn off by the smell and the texture is quite sticky. But it saved my lips. There for I give it 4/5.

It works in cold weather too. Brought this to Japan during winter. My lips did not crack at all.

Very good lipbalm for sensitive skin and winter !

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Overall, this is an ok lip balm... But i dislike the fact that it's too shimmery! If you put to much on your lips, you will look like a corpse. I don't think i will buy it again. I always wear it with a glossy lip balm on tip, all because of that shimmer. Why put shimmer in a hydrating lip balm, WHY?!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

A must have for cold Canadian winters. I walk a lot outside during the winter and work at a cold ice rink and my lips see the effects of the weather. I love the taste and smell of this, it's mild and unlike most lip balms it doesn't make me cough. It is quite thick but that's to be expected given that it is cold cream.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a very thick, creamy balm in stick format, but as some other reviewers have mentioned, it leaves a white film on the lips -- so I don't want to use it during the day on its own -- and is too moisturizing to use under lipstick -- so I don't use it in the morning. I use this every once in a while as a night treatment (switching off with aquaphor). If it were in a tub or tube and marketed as an overnight treatment, I'd have given this a higher score. I'm fine with the unobtrusive aroma. I bought this at the same time I bought the LaRoche Posay lip balm -- which was EUR 3 cheaper! -- and that product is so much better. I usually love Avene products. This one definitely moisturizes my lips overnight, it's just not a product to toss in your purse and use during the day unless you want to affect a 60's mod look of super pale lips!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This was definitely one of the most revolting lip balms I have ever purchased. Okay, I didn't purchase it, my dad did and when I stumbled upon it in my house I decided to give it a go seeing as it was from Avene. However, I was sorely disappointed with it's lack of moisturising abilities. It left my lips even more dry and flaky!!!

The texture was also another huge let down, it's creamy and soft(just like cold cream) but it doesn't sink into my lips at all which is quite a hassle especially if I want to eat or drink something.

I switched this for Eucerin's Lip Activ and have never looked back!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this after seeing some really good reviews here on MUA. I've been using it constantly for a while now and have to say I'm pretty disappointed.

First up, I really dislike the packaging. The tube is too wide for my liking. I don't get a very precise application with it, it seems like any way I apply it I end up with it outside my lips.

The product itself is very creamy and feels good on my lips. However, it doesn't last very long. I find myself reapplying it constantly. It does leave a bit of a white cast on your lips, but it wasn't anything that really bothered me. It also has a bit of a pearl-essence to it, but it is nothing too noticeable.

The last thing I disliked about this lip balm is the price. I think I paid just over $10 for it from Amazon. If it was a miracle product I wouldn't mind the price. However, since it really didn't impress me, I can't justify paying that much for a lip balm again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I keep repurchasing this product again and again for years, because it is my favorite lip care product! I used to have terrible chapped lips and I was trying various brands' lip balms and butters to find the perfect one. I really tried a lot so that I can compare them.

The product claims that ''it relieves dry, flaky and chapped lips, and cocoons the skin in an emollient barrier that protects against external aggressors. Also it Immediately softens lips as it heals, restores and protects.''
I coudn't explained it better. Everything is true! It does what a lip balm should do and even more. There is not a single disadvantage, at least for me.This is my HG!!

Popular Lip Treatments