Avene Cold Cream Lip Balm

Filtered by age: 36-43

2.4

SQUALANE, RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL (RICINUS COMMUNIS SEED OIL), BEESWAX (CERA ALBA), BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER (BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER), MINERAL OIL (PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM), COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX (COPERNICIA CERIFERA CERA), ALUMINUM SUCROSE OCTASULFATE, GLYCERYL LINOLEATE, AVENE THERMAL SPRING WATER, BISABOLOL, FRAGRANCE, GLYCERYL LINOLENATE, GLYCERYL OLEATE, GLYCERYL PALMITATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE - GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) OIL (GLYCINE SOJA OIL), MICA, STEARYL GLYCYRRHETINATE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), TOCOPHEROL , TOCOPHERYL ACETATE.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm honestly shocked at the poor quality of this lip balm. On my lips it doesn't do ANYTHING - differently to what most of Avene products do for my skin. A big big big disappointment.

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I am allergic to this and according to the doctor i went to, this product causes allergic reaction to many of his patients...

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is an excellent lip balm, if a bit on the pricey side. As a fan of Avene's other products, I find this one to be of similar quality though not nearly as long lasting (for some reason I go through this particular lip balm more quickly than any other Avene item, even though I apply it no more often). I agree with the other reviewers in that it can leave a faint white film on the lips if applied more heavily, but this does not generally bother me, as I tend to only wear it at home. (This might be a consideration for those who wish to wear it under lipstick, however, as it might alter the color a bit). The texture is wonderful, very comfortable, with considerable staying power. I also don't mind the scent, which reminds me of baby lotion...all in all, worth repurchasing if my budget allows.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

After reading the reviews, Im curious as to whether there may be different formulations for this depending on the country. I purchased this in Germany, and love it. It is one of the only things that I can turn to when my lips are dry and cracked. ( I have an allergy that I havent figured out yet, that causes really dry tingly scabby lips)I havent noticed any white cast, and have really piled it on at times. It has a nice hardly noticable light sheen. The SA here did tell me not to put it any pants or jacket pockets, as it can melt easily.
Again, after reading the other reviews, I am curious as to whether there may be another formulation that causes a white cast. This was mentioned in many reviews.
I have repurchased this and continue to be happy with it.

Didnt like this at all...gave me clogged pores around my lips..very expensive