Avene Cold Cream Lip Balm

Filtered by age: 30-35

2.8

SQUALANE, RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL (RICINUS COMMUNIS SEED OIL), BEESWAX (CERA ALBA), BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER (BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER), MINERAL OIL (PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM), COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX (COPERNICIA CERIFERA CERA), ALUMINUM SUCROSE OCTASULFATE, GLYCERYL LINOLEATE, AVENE THERMAL SPRING WATER, BISABOLOL, FRAGRANCE, GLYCERYL LINOLENATE, GLYCERYL OLEATE, GLYCERYL PALMITATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE - GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) OIL (GLYCINE SOJA OIL), MICA, STEARYL GLYCYRRHETINATE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), TOCOPHEROL , TOCOPHERYL ACETATE.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

The Avene Cold Cream Lip Balm is a mid-level alternative to more costly lip balms that I frequent. I like the consistency of the balm, it leaves a cream sheen after application. Although I do not believe the product description for how long the moisture lasts, this is an alright balm that I like much better than other balms that leave my lips glossy.

This is suppose to be a lip treatment cold cream. I haven't witness any drastic improvement to heel chappy lips. I don't see a reason to have to use this product if it doesn't produce better results than a regular chapstick. I might as well use a chapstick that is cheaper and more effective. This also leaves a white film on your lips which results in the person using it look sickly/dead. Makes your lips look extremely pale and unhealthy like. Don't recommend this product.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Overall, this is an ok lip balm... But i dislike the fact that it's too shimmery! If you put to much on your lips, you will look like a corpse. I don't think i will buy it again. I always wear it with a glossy lip balm on tip, all because of that shimmer. Why put shimmer in a hydrating lip balm, WHY?!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a very thick, creamy balm in stick format, but as some other reviewers have mentioned, it leaves a white film on the lips -- so I don't want to use it during the day on its own -- and is too moisturizing to use under lipstick -- so I don't use it in the morning. I use this every once in a while as a night treatment (switching off with aquaphor). If it were in a tub or tube and marketed as an overnight treatment, I'd have given this a higher score. I'm fine with the unobtrusive aroma. I bought this at the same time I bought the LaRoche Posay lip balm -- which was EUR 3 cheaper! -- and that product is so much better. I usually love Avene products. This one definitely moisturizes my lips overnight, it's just not a product to toss in your purse and use during the day unless you want to affect a 60's mod look of super pale lips!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this after seeing some really good reviews here on MUA. I've been using it constantly for a while now and have to say I'm pretty disappointed.

First up, I really dislike the packaging. The tube is too wide for my liking. I don't get a very precise application with it, it seems like any way I apply it I end up with it outside my lips.

The product itself is very creamy and feels good on my lips. However, it doesn't last very long. I find myself reapplying it constantly. It does leave a bit of a white cast on your lips, but it wasn't anything that really bothered me. It also has a bit of a pearl-essence to it, but it is nothing too noticeable.

The last thing I disliked about this lip balm is the price. I think I paid just over $10 for it from Amazon. If it was a miracle product I wouldn't mind the price. However, since it really didn't impress me, I can't justify paying that much for a lip balm again.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I just tossed mine. If I had nice lips and were just looking for some protection, it could be ok. But I want something that really moisturizes. It covers with a very thick layer, but does not last. When the layer is gone, I still have the same lips as before. No added moisture or repair. Nothing. Same dry lips needing protection. I can think of many lip balms and even lipsticks that do better. Waste of money. Oh, and bought in Germany.

At first i loved it, the smell is nice and my lips felt soft, but after a while i noticed that in the morning, although i applied the balm in the evening, i woke up with dry lips and during the day i applied the balm like crazy to get rid of that uncomfortable feeling, still it didn't help!!! I love Avene products, but this one is doing more harm than good.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I don't understand this... Some avene products are my HG but this... So weird... It's just a white nothing. Even dries the lips out.

Not moisturing. Nothing at all. I have other lip balms on my table (I use 2 - 1 for night, the other for day) so I had to try the other to confirm that the sensation again.

Once again, what is this nonsense!?!?

I am throwing this out. Yucks!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got this free with the hand cream so decided to try it as 14 $ seems steep for a chap stick to me. I've used it a week now, and progressively my lips have actually dried out. I am a fan of some Avene products, and some I didn't really find were good for my skin needs. This is one of those products I think. While I don't mind the white cast, or even the odd scent (dunno why but it smells like scented doll heads... Like Strawberry shortcake or something I had as a kid), I do mind how itchy, scaley and dry my lips got. Likely a reaction to some ingredient as plenty of lip products (and other things) tend to do this. I won't repurchase and I'll probably give this away and go back to my beeswax based balms and Vaseline.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I only use this at night because it does leave your lips a little white but it's super moisturizing and great for winter chapped lips. My go to night lip balm was La Mer but I like this about equal and it's $10 rather than $50 so I'll keep buying. Only complaint is that the tube did not last very long but that could also be because I loved it so much I used it constantly.