Hard Candy Chameleon Eyeshadow Quartet

No Image

4.2

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Got this in one of the best Sephora gift bags ever, the gold one from a couple years ago. The real winner in this quad is the teal shade, because simply put, it's gorgeous! A shimmery perfect blue-green, awesome for smoky eyes. I don't often use the other shades, except for the cream color, but they are all nicely pigmented, soft and blendable. Easily my favorite HC quad out there and I've had a few. Worth picking up if you can still find it.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I tried to like this, i really did, the colors dont show up on me, and the dark green is way too dark and totally unuseable. but the compact is so cute!

on 3/1/2003 3:04:00 PM

Definitely my favourite quartet... I actually use all the colours which I find to be of excellent quality and work well together - I can get both a girly or a smokey look out of this quartet which makes it a little more value for money as it IS pricey.
The packaging is excellent and I adore the liner brush that comes with it.
I don't think I could be parted from my Chameleon quartet now I have it. ;)

on 2/20/2003 7:33:00 PM

Hard Candy has one of the best eyeshadow formulations. They last forever when you wear them, and a little on your brush goes a long way. The Chameleon quad is one of my favorites as it has awesome colors! Another HC fave!

on 12/8/2002 3:48:00 AM

I received this from a *wonderful* swapper, and my god- I am in LOVE! The colours are such a beautiful, unusual combination of shades- the lightest is a silvery shimmer, followed by a shimmery lilac. Then there's a really unique shimmery soft sage green, and the darkest shade (great for lining!) is a dark sparkly forest green. SO divine. This creates either sweet pastel eyes, or sophisticated, soft smokiness. The lilac and the green is such a fresh combination! The shimmer in the eyeshadows are really delicate, and subtle as well as being so sparkly and pretty. Gorgeous!

on 1/3/2003 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I actually like this quartet much less than the others that I own. To my eye, the colours don't work well together and I can really only make the lavender and gray shades compliment each other. I absolutely love the dark teal shade as a liner, as it's so dramatic and shimmery - perfect for evening. I do like all the colours individually, hence the 4 rating. I just don't find them as a collection to make much sense together!

on 1/2/2003 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Good quality eyesahdows, most look pretty neutral on me except the dark teal, its very deep, rich colour. Pretty packaging. A bit expensive to me, so I got mine half price on ebay. Overall a good item.

on 12/17/2002 5:15:00 AM

I got this as a part of the Sephora goldbag promo and I am so loving it. I have never really looked into HC eyeshadows beforee but since receiving this, I've been more interested in their other quads, especially the Techno quad. This quad has a very versatile set of e/s and the applicators are a great idea. I wish some of the other e/s palettes that I've bought had such brushes with the palette. Overall, a great palette but I'm not too sure about the $35 price tag.

on 12/9/2002 10:14:00 PM

i was very impressed with this, since it was free through a sephora promotion. i probably would not pay $35 for it personally, but the colors are nice and are great quality if you wet the brush before applying. the push brush it comes with is excellent for applying the shadow as liner. this is high qaulity shadow that will get you attention

on 12/8/2002 6:22:00 PM

I received this with the Sephora Goldbag promotion also. While I like it "okay", it's not something I would purchase. The colors are very pigmented, which I like, the green especially is extremely dark, and all of them very shimmery. I may wear them from time to time, but I have other colors I prefer over these.