Hard Candy Chameleon Eyeshadow Quartet

Filtered by skin type : Combination
No Image

4.3

on 8/1/2005 3:54:00 PM

This is a great combination of colors. I use the lightest color every day on my brow bones & the corners of my eyes. And the darkest color makes a perfect powder eyeliner. It's got some shimmer, so it's not as harsh as a matte black. It's not often that one compact has the perfect colors for day or night wear. (And getting at at TJ Maxx on the cheap didn't hurt, either.)

I love this eyeshadow quad. The colors go perfectly together. I especially love the grey-green-purple iridescence. It is a very unique combination of colors, and I am so bummed that Hard Candy discontinued this! Bring it back, HC!!!

The colors are: core- black with green irridescence, (asian characters)- light purple with blue-green irridescence, heist- gray, and sheer- a shimmery vanilla color. The shadow is marvelously pigmented and core and heist make great eyeliners. The slanted brush provided is perfect for lining your eyes with the shadow wet. The e/s is also very long-wearing and non-irritating to my sensitive eyes. The price is on the high end but it is more reasonable if you think of it as the price for four eyeshadows. Core is great when applied sparingly (it's highly pigmented) for a smokey look. It definitely doesn't come out as green as it looks in the pan, it's more like black.

on 12/8/2003 1:44:00 AM

I really like Heist, the greenish grayish color. I would repurchase that separately. I use the lighter colors as wash colors. They aren't too shimmery which is nice. The dark green isn't very useful for me, but I may experiment and use it as a liner more often. Overall, very nice quality shadows.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I tried to like this, i really did, the colors dont show up on me, and the dark green is way too dark and totally unuseable. but the compact is so cute!

on 3/1/2003 3:04:00 PM

Definitely my favourite quartet... I actually use all the colours which I find to be of excellent quality and work well together - I can get both a girly or a smokey look out of this quartet which makes it a little more value for money as it IS pricey.
The packaging is excellent and I adore the liner brush that comes with it.
I don't think I could be parted from my Chameleon quartet now I have it. ;)

on 2/20/2003 7:33:00 PM

Hard Candy has one of the best eyeshadow formulations. They last forever when you wear them, and a little on your brush goes a long way. The Chameleon quad is one of my favorites as it has awesome colors! Another HC fave!

on 12/8/2002 3:48:00 AM

I received this from a *wonderful* swapper, and my god- I am in LOVE! The colours are such a beautiful, unusual combination of shades- the lightest is a silvery shimmer, followed by a shimmery lilac. Then there's a really unique shimmery soft sage green, and the darkest shade (great for lining!) is a dark sparkly forest green. SO divine. This creates either sweet pastel eyes, or sophisticated, soft smokiness. The lilac and the green is such a fresh combination! The shimmer in the eyeshadows are really delicate, and subtle as well as being so sparkly and pretty. Gorgeous!

on 12/17/2002 5:15:00 AM

I got this as a part of the Sephora goldbag promo and I am so loving it. I have never really looked into HC eyeshadows beforee but since receiving this, I've been more interested in their other quads, especially the Techno quad. This quad has a very versatile set of e/s and the applicators are a great idea. I wish some of the other e/s palettes that I've bought had such brushes with the palette. Overall, a great palette but I'm not too sure about the $35 price tag.

on 12/8/2002 6:22:00 PM

I received this with the Sephora Goldbag promotion also. While I like it "okay", it's not something I would purchase. The colors are very pigmented, which I like, the green especially is extremely dark, and all of them very shimmery. I may wear them from time to time, but I have other colors I prefer over these.