Hard Candy Chameleon Eyeshadow Quartet

No Image

4.4

on 12/8/2002 3:46:00 AM

I got this for free in the Sephora goldbag. I definitely would not purchase this palette on my own, as I do not wear lavender eye shadow. I found the texture of the shadows to be average. I much prefer MAC or Stila. The shadows seem like they would crumble easily. The colors arent amazing either. The top shade looks like a deep green with glimmer, but applys like a flat grey, even when wet. The other grey is pretty cool, so it may not work for the warm toned ladies. They say never look a gift horse in the mouth, so I won't. But I would never buy this on my own. The compact is nice enough, it comes with a mirror and some crappy eye shadow applicators that I wouldn't use either. I feel the HC line is average overall and more geared towards their gimmicks than actual good quality items.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I tried to like this, i really did, the colors dont show up on me, and the dark green is way too dark and totally unuseable. but the compact is so cute!

on 12/8/2002 6:22:00 PM

I received this with the Sephora Goldbag promotion also. While I like it "okay", it's not something I would purchase. The colors are very pigmented, which I like, the green especially is extremely dark, and all of them very shimmery. I may wear them from time to time, but I have other colors I prefer over these.

on 6/27/2002 8:00:00 AM

I gave this a 3 because I didnt care for the colors much. Otherwise everything was great. It wasnt gritty and the colors didnt face or crease.

on 11/17/2001 4:55:00 PM

This didn't do anything special for me. The colors are kind of boring, and when I wear them together they tend to look blue! Not what I thought.

on 11/11/2005 10:40:00 AM

Got this cute compact reduced price on ebay. Great colours for creating smoky eyes with a twist instead of usual black. The deep green is great as an eyeliner with a wet brush for a dramatic look. The lilac/purple is nice for during the day and the white is a perfect highlighter. Didnt like the tools that come with it tho - they're tiny and i've already lost them!

I received Chameleon a long time ago as a gift, and was really excited. The colors aren't necessarily my faves, but they're wearable. I can't ever see myself wearing the dark green shade, though.

The colors are dark green, light purple, light gray, and shimmery, eggshell white (think MAC "Nylon"). Since I already have these colors in separate forms, I don't really need this quartet.

However, the quality seems very good. The colors are rich and pigmented well, and long-lasting.

on 3/30/2003 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I would buy Chameleon again for one shade. The hunter green shimmery shadow. This makes a beautiful liner. I have blue eyes and can't wear many greens, but this looks great. The lightest shade doesn't show well on me and the lavender and gray are so-so. But love that green! I received this free in a Sephora promotion. It's a keeper and just as Sephora had hoped, it led me to purchase other quartets!

on 2/20/2003 7:33:00 PM

Hard Candy has one of the best eyeshadow formulations. They last forever when you wear them, and a little on your brush goes a long way. The Chameleon quad is one of my favorites as it has awesome colors! Another HC fave!

on 1/3/2003 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I actually like this quartet much less than the others that I own. To my eye, the colours don't work well together and I can really only make the lavender and gray shades compliment each other. I absolutely love the dark teal shade as a liner, as it's so dramatic and shimmery - perfect for evening. I do like all the colours individually, hence the 4 rating. I just don't find them as a collection to make much sense together!