Hard Candy Chameleon Eyeshadow Quartet

No Image

4.4

on 8/5/2003 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Another one for whom this was their first HC purchase. I am in love! I have been searching for such wonderfully BLENDABLE, non-creasing, pretty eyeshadow colors! MAC has great colors but IMO they don't blend like these do. I love the entire quad, which was a new experience for me. I tend to buy seperate pots of color because I mix odd colors or something since I always only ever like 1 in a set. This was different - I love love love all 4 colors. I am going to hunt down some more quads because I love this one that much! Packaging is great - sleek silver, with a mirror and nice tools.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Cool

This was my second HC quad, my first was techno which just gave me a taste for more quads!

I love the second e/s down from the top, a lilac printed with chinese writing it looks great in the pan and on the eye!
The texture of these eyeshadows is great, they are soft and apply brilliantly easily, last for ages and there are the most beautiful colours.

The colours i use together are the creamy white and the purple or the creamy white and the grey and the green together with the dark green as a liner, it really does make a beautiful liner. I would repurchase but i doubt i would need to, i would definitely purchase another different eye quad though.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Got this in one of the best Sephora gift bags ever, the gold one from a couple years ago. The real winner in this quad is the teal shade, because simply put, it's gorgeous! A shimmery perfect blue-green, awesome for smoky eyes. I don't often use the other shades, except for the cream color, but they are all nicely pigmented, soft and blendable. Easily my favorite HC quad out there and I've had a few. Worth picking up if you can still find it.

on 11/27/2005 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I lived on this compact all through high school. These are the best colors ever! I also fell in love with the "old skool" compact, and those colors are very complementing with chameleon. I love the hints of green in the lavendar color. I used this every single day all through high school, and just recently hit the bottoms of the pan. So at the time I purchased this I thought it was really expensive, but considering the ammount of use I got out of it is really amazing!

on 11/11/2005 10:40:00 AM

Got this cute compact reduced price on ebay. Great colours for creating smoky eyes with a twist instead of usual black. The deep green is great as an eyeliner with a wet brush for a dramatic look. The lilac/purple is nice for during the day and the white is a perfect highlighter. Didnt like the tools that come with it tho - they're tiny and i've already lost them!

on 8/1/2005 3:54:00 PM

This is a great combination of colors. I use the lightest color every day on my brow bones & the corners of my eyes. And the darkest color makes a perfect powder eyeliner. It's got some shimmer, so it's not as harsh as a matte black. It's not often that one compact has the perfect colors for day or night wear. (And getting at at TJ Maxx on the cheap didn't hurt, either.)

on 7/14/2005 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is my fave Hard Candy quartet. I have green eyes and fair skin and I so love what these colors do for my eyes. This compact rules, and u can mix the colors for different looks. My all time fave!!

on 10/29/2004 2:29:00 AM

I just love this quartet! The colours are just gorgeous & I've used them all.It comes in a charcoal green irridescence (looks charcoal on me),lavender,gray,& cream.
When I'm working I've used the gray,or lavender on the lid with the cream to highlight the brow bone.On those nights when I wanna get funky - I use the charcoal green one on my lid,& the cream to highlight the brow bone - It's *SICK*!!! Looks amazing,& when I really want to get REAL funky - I use my caboodles sparkle eyeliner & it's *INSANE* - the effect! I get so many compliments on those nights I'm clubbing w/ my gf's (who are jealous as all H-E-Double Hockeysticks b/c we can't get Hard Candy in Canada)- PPL comment a lot when I do this combo on my eyes,& it really brings out my light green eyes.I can't think of anyone who couldn't use 2 or all 4 of these colours.
The eyeshadow goes on smooth as silk,& the pigments last me all day - we're talking 14 hrs here.I really love Hard Candy eyeshadow & am looking to invest in more!!
TWO THUMBS UP!!!!!

I love this eyeshadow quad. The colors go perfectly together. I especially love the grey-green-purple iridescence. It is a very unique combination of colors, and I am so bummed that Hard Candy discontinued this! Bring it back, HC!!!

I received Chameleon a long time ago as a gift, and was really excited. The colors aren't necessarily my faves, but they're wearable. I can't ever see myself wearing the dark green shade, though.

The colors are dark green, light purple, light gray, and shimmery, eggshell white (think MAC "Nylon"). Since I already have these colors in separate forms, I don't really need this quartet.

However, the quality seems very good. The colors are rich and pigmented well, and long-lasting.