Hard Candy Chameleon Eyeshadow Quartet

No Image

4.5

on 11/27/2005 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I lived on this compact all through high school. These are the best colors ever! I also fell in love with the "old skool" compact, and those colors are very complementing with chameleon. I love the hints of green in the lavendar color. I used this every single day all through high school, and just recently hit the bottoms of the pan. So at the time I purchased this I thought it was really expensive, but considering the ammount of use I got out of it is really amazing!

on 11/11/2005 10:40:00 AM

Got this cute compact reduced price on ebay. Great colours for creating smoky eyes with a twist instead of usual black. The deep green is great as an eyeliner with a wet brush for a dramatic look. The lilac/purple is nice for during the day and the white is a perfect highlighter. Didnt like the tools that come with it tho - they're tiny and i've already lost them!

The colors are: core- black with green irridescence, (asian characters)- light purple with blue-green irridescence, heist- gray, and sheer- a shimmery vanilla color. The shadow is marvelously pigmented and core and heist make great eyeliners. The slanted brush provided is perfect for lining your eyes with the shadow wet. The e/s is also very long-wearing and non-irritating to my sensitive eyes. The price is on the high end but it is more reasonable if you think of it as the price for four eyeshadows. Core is great when applied sparingly (it's highly pigmented) for a smokey look. It definitely doesn't come out as green as it looks in the pan, it's more like black.

on 12/8/2003 1:44:00 AM

I really like Heist, the greenish grayish color. I would repurchase that separately. I use the lighter colors as wash colors. They aren't too shimmery which is nice. The dark green isn't very useful for me, but I may experiment and use it as a liner more often. Overall, very nice quality shadows.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Cool

This was my second HC quad, my first was techno which just gave me a taste for more quads!

I love the second e/s down from the top, a lilac printed with chinese writing it looks great in the pan and on the eye!
The texture of these eyeshadows is great, they are soft and apply brilliantly easily, last for ages and there are the most beautiful colours.

The colours i use together are the creamy white and the purple or the creamy white and the grey and the green together with the dark green as a liner, it really does make a beautiful liner. I would repurchase but i doubt i would need to, i would definitely purchase another different eye quad though.

on 5/7/2003 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was my first HC quad but definitely won't be the last! I initially got it for the chinese writing on the second e/s because that's just cool. But I was shockingly surprised at how SMOOTH and CREAMY the shadows go on, seriously, and the pigmentation is just WOW! No shadows ever goes on the same color in the pan as they do on my lid, and this one did it. This in my opinion is the most classy and versatile of the eye quads. IT is my HG neutral eye look. The four colors work seamlessly together and blend really well...and make my asian eyes look soo pretty and alluring. The teal brings out my dark features and the white makes a great highlight/wash. I pair this w/ Quo eye primer and it lasts almost all day on me. I don't see myself needing to repurchase cuz the compact is sturdy and there are tons of product. But if I ever need to, I'd do so in a heartbeat, even for the friggin' $45 price tag. crazy!

on 4/20/2003 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Wow!! This is the first Hard Candy product I have tried,and it really surprised me. I can create so many cool e/s looks with this quartet. I love all the colors,and I think this would work for a variety of skintones. I wore the smoky silver color last night on the lid with the white color as a highligher on the brow..they both stayed on all night in a hot,smoky club:) I can't wait to try more Hard Candy e/s!!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I tried to like this, i really did, the colors dont show up on me, and the dark green is way too dark and totally unuseable. but the compact is so cute!

on 3/1/2003 3:04:00 PM

Definitely my favourite quartet... I actually use all the colours which I find to be of excellent quality and work well together - I can get both a girly or a smokey look out of this quartet which makes it a little more value for money as it IS pricey.
The packaging is excellent and I adore the liner brush that comes with it.
I don't think I could be parted from my Chameleon quartet now I have it. ;)

on 12/8/2002 3:48:00 AM

I received this from a *wonderful* swapper, and my god- I am in LOVE! The colours are such a beautiful, unusual combination of shades- the lightest is a silvery shimmer, followed by a shimmery lilac. Then there's a really unique shimmery soft sage green, and the darkest shade (great for lining!) is a dark sparkly forest green. SO divine. This creates either sweet pastel eyes, or sophisticated, soft smokiness. The lilac and the green is such a fresh combination! The shimmer in the eyeshadows are really delicate, and subtle as well as being so sparkly and pretty. Gorgeous!