Black Opal essential fade complex

Filtered by skin tone : Dark
No Image

on 11/17/2008 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Cool

I have to admit that I bought this product purely on the below review. I had purchased so many products to face dark spots on my skin left by acne -- everything from Dr. Brandt to Merle Normal to Oil of Olay. This product works and it's so cheap! It was difficult to find; no store had it so I got it online dirt cheap from some beauty supply store in Texas. I bought two since they were so cheap but I should not have because you only use a tiny bit.

I can completely understand the other reviewers saying that it stains the skin. It does appear that way at first. But you really not only have to use a thin thin coat, but revert back to kindergarten girls and don't color outside the lines. Meaning, ONLY cover the portion that is discolored. At first I was scared because right after you put it on, it almost look like the dark spot raises like a welt and gets even darker! But I persisted and spots that I'd had for YEARS are fading; it's been three weeks. Now I'm starting to put it on my elbows to see if it will fade there, too.

If you look at my track record, I don't approve of almost anything. I always buy these things and I'm almost always disappointed. This is one of those rare times where I'm finally happy with a product. My skin is going to be so pretty!

on 9/13/2008 7:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I've had cystic acne and it left very dark scarring on both sides of my face, specifically on my cheek, the most obvious of all place.
I've tried saliylic acid peel 20%
Lactic acid peel 35%
Glycolic acid peel 30%
Hydroquinone 2%
Aloe vera, lemon and honey, vitamin E and a whole host of other prodcuts that were supposed to help fade scars.
I even tried black opal's advanced fade gel it worked for a while then it stopped working!
So I decided to give black opal another try and buy the essential fade!
What a relief it slowly peeled off the first couple of layers of skin(due to the combination of retinol and hydroquinone) to help reveal healthy scar free skin.
I have been so frustrated for over 2yrs with these scars and finally feel like I have hope. The key is to put a thin layer on....and I mean thin! One day I smeared it on and the next day I woke up with those stains everybody was complaining about. I used it every nite for 6 days so far and I am very pleased...I could cry. Please please please use sunscreen in the morning no matter what! Even if its a cloudy rainy day! I definetly would buy again but I see no need to. The little tube goes a lonnngggg way when used correctly, again I stress applying a thin layer. The tube helps to preserve the product longer because hydroquinone is highly unstable that just opening a jar and applying it allows it to turn black and ineffective..the gel is a brown color so don't worry its not old and useless...will continue to use and update!

on 10/24/2005 3:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I too was skeptical at first because I was putting too much at once but I started putting thin layers and BOY am I grateful. My skin is so so so clear! I may be able to skip foundation/concealer/cover up if I continue to use this. Must remember to use sunscreen with this ladies or else they spots will come back!

I love this although I think it's starting to make me break out in little pimples. Perhaps it's because it's not fresh anymore and perhaps that's making me breakout. Will repurchase again once mta drama is over in nyc. continued >>

on 7/18/2004 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is miracle in a tube.I've tried other fade creams and nothing has results like this. The first day, I put this on and I saw results the next morning, I kid you not.I have acne scars due to PMS breakouts and after 2 weeks they are almost gone!!!The only bad part about this is the tube is super small for $8, but the price is worth it!

on 5/26/2006 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This stuff works! I bought this about 10 days ago and I swear it has lightned my dark spots considerably. The discolorations is not all gone, but this product has given me hope. Make sure you use SPF!!! Girls with dark skin this may be the answer for less than $10 bucks! ((((UPDATE))))) I just discovered that this isn't working as fast as it did before when I first bought it because I was using Black Opal with Origins Grin From Year to Year and Origins Modern Friction. This is still worth trying since it is so cheap.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I dont know what is wrong with me but this really doesnt do anything for my skin. Oh well I will just give it away.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I've been using this product for 1 week. However, I do not see the DRAMATIC results that others raved about. I plan on using this product for another 5 weeks, hopefully by then I'll see some lightening in my acne scars.