Black Opal essential fade complex

No Image

4.1

on 9/13/2008 7:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I've had cystic acne and it left very dark scarring on both sides of my face, specifically on my cheek, the most obvious of all place.
I've tried saliylic acid peel 20%
Lactic acid peel 35%
Glycolic acid peel 30%
Hydroquinone 2%
Aloe vera, lemon and honey, vitamin E and a whole host of other prodcuts that were supposed to help fade scars.
I even tried black opal's advanced fade gel it worked for a while then it stopped working!
So I decided to give black opal another try and buy the essential fade!
What a relief it slowly peeled off the first couple of layers of skin(due to the combination of retinol and hydroquinone) to help reveal healthy scar free skin.
I have been so frustrated for over 2yrs with these scars and finally feel like I have hope. The key is to put a thin layer on....and I mean thin! One day I smeared it on and the next day I woke up with those stains everybody was complaining about. I used it every nite for 6 days so far and I am very pleased...I could cry. Please please please use sunscreen in the morning no matter what! Even if its a cloudy rainy day! I definetly would buy again but I see no need to. The little tube goes a lonnngggg way when used correctly, again I stress applying a thin layer. The tube helps to preserve the product longer because hydroquinone is highly unstable that just opening a jar and applying it allows it to turn black and ineffective..the gel is a brown color so don't worry its not old and useless...will continue to use and update!

on 2/5/2006 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

In response to the negative reviews:

I think only PALE people are experiecing the negative side effects of this product (i.e. - the staining of the skin making marks appear darker)...and that is because it is made for ETHNIC skin, specifically those who are a part of the African Diaspora...that can be Latino, West Indian, African American, African, Mixed, South East Asian, etc...

FYI: There IS a difference in our skin (darker minority skin) from that of Caucasian skin...that is a FACT! PLEASE READ THE LABEL! If you are not somewhere in this category, and do not have SOME type of color to your skin (i.e. you are NOT Italian, Greek, etc.) - this product is likely NOT for you... But there a LOT of products that ARE for you that would not work for us...and they will work well!

Smooches!

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I dont know what is wrong with me but this really doesnt do anything for my skin. Oh well I will just give it away.

Use the Essential Fade Complex and/or Advanced Dual Comples Fade Gel togethor if you want to fade major acne scars in 2-4 months, depending how dark they are. This stuff is awesome. Been using it for two years for acne scars and blemishes.

on 7/30/2004 7:41:00 PM

*sigh* got my hopes up again.. didn't do much for me.

on 4/26/2004 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have been using this product for about a month now...and I have no complaints. After only a week, it began to work on lightening some acne scars I have. I would say that about 60% of the spots treated disappeared. Be careful of overusing it - if you do, it will burn your skin and leave an even tougher mark that needs to be faded out. To the users that don't like it due to burning, I am pretty sure you are applying too much gel - if it doesn't completely absorb in skin, you're using too much.

on 4/14/2004 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Miracle in a tube for lightening any kind of skin discolorations. It works pretty fast too, visibly fading marks in a week. The only caveat - the retinol can cause breakouts if the gel is overused, so I use it sparingly. It sometimes irritates my skin and turns it red if I over apply

I read on the skincare board that this is going to be discontinued, so time to stock up!

on 3/15/2004 10:36:00 AM

After reading the reviews here I rushed out to get it. Only to find it missing from several drug stores, until finally found it a week ago. This is dirt cheap considering it works. I have few dark spots from really bad pimples and after only two nights of use one of them is completely gone. I have been using it on and off but I will make it habit of using it every night and will you MUA posted of the final results on all of them. If you can find it go get it.

on 10/14/2003 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

very effective. the gel form is great-you can apply directly to the areas you want to lighten. highly recommended.