Black Opal essential fade complex

No Image

3.8

on 11/17/2008 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Cool

I have to admit that I bought this product purely on the below review. I had purchased so many products to face dark spots on my skin left by acne -- everything from Dr. Brandt to Merle Normal to Oil of Olay. This product works and it's so cheap! It was difficult to find; no store had it so I got it online dirt cheap from some beauty supply store in Texas. I bought two since they were so cheap but I should not have because you only use a tiny bit.

I can completely understand the other reviewers saying that it stains the skin. It does appear that way at first. But you really not only have to use a thin thin coat, but revert back to kindergarten girls and don't color outside the lines. Meaning, ONLY cover the portion that is discolored. At first I was scared because right after you put it on, it almost look like the dark spot raises like a welt and gets even darker! But I persisted and spots that I'd had for YEARS are fading; it's been three weeks. Now I'm starting to put it on my elbows to see if it will fade there, too.

If you look at my track record, I don't approve of almost anything. I always buy these things and I'm almost always disappointed. This is one of those rare times where I'm finally happy with a product. My skin is going to be so pretty!

on 7/22/2008 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

what a piece of crap! and what a waste of money. i couldnt find it at any drugstores around and ordered it online and waited for nearly 2 weeks for it to arrive! and one night of application and i'm left with redder stains on areas i had applied it to. i'm tanned, and this was still too strong for me i guess. i'm sooo aggravated, i don't know how to reverse its effects now. i look like a red piece of meat. SUCKER

on 7/21/2008 12:47:00 AM

I'm not that light and this product stained my skin.

on 4/21/2008 6:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Absolute rubbish!

This stuff has done nothing besides stain my skin and I only used it once. Never again! Now I need to figure out how to fade the stains!!!

Not all women of colour have dark skin

on 2/28/2008 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I have some old acne spots that haven't been going anywhere and it annoys me. I have used other things and nothing works like this! I didn't get overnight results like other people, but after 3 or 4 weeks of using it I started to really notice a lightening of my spots. I am so pleased with this product and love the fact that you can find it in CVS. I also can't believe its so cheap (about 7/8 bucks) !!! I really reccomend this to anyone who has some dark spots that they would like to lighten, but you may not see immediate results, don't worry, things get better.
Also i wanna thank suerte99 and kardonres b/c they responded to my msg about the color. Its like a tanish/lt. brown color and I was a bit worried that I got an old tube or something, so don't be paranoid like me :-)
One other tip I have is DO NOT USE this WITH any product containing BENZOYL PEROXIDE!!!! I read online that it can cause darkening of the skin.
Overall: Loves it!!!

on 8/13/2007 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I actually got this stuff in Virginia at an Eckerd(sp?) drugstore on clearance.

I have some little brown spots that seem to pop up on my left cheek a couple times a year. This stuff works WONDERS. I love it and it doesn't sting or burn or anything.

I use it only at night...after exfoliating in the shower with an apricot scrub. I don't have sensitive skin on my face (only my eyelids), so I don't recommend this for everyone.

This stuff works very well...I noticed a result in less than a week. My cousin even complimented me on it... and she's a model and ridiculously hard to impress...when it comes to makeup/skincare stuff.

on 1/7/2007 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is more of a question based on some reviews...

For those of you who used this product and experienced 'staining' or red/orange/pink marks, what did you do about it? Did you stop using the product? If so, did the marks/staining go away? Or did you have to use something else to deal with the marks/staining?

Thanks!

i bouGht this for like $7.50 and it works great. dont apply too much other wise it may start to irritate your skin. also i would recommend using it everyother day.

I also decided to buy the product after seeing so many positive reviews. I must say that it does work. The mark hasn't disappeared completely yet, but it definitely is fading a lot. I think the one thing that people should remember when using this product is to make sure that you don't apply too much, because when you do it doesn't work as well.

on 5/26/2006 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This stuff works! I bought this about 10 days ago and I swear it has lightned my dark spots considerably. The discolorations is not all gone, but this product has given me hope. Make sure you use SPF!!! Girls with dark skin this may be the answer for less than $10 bucks! ((((UPDATE))))) I just discovered that this isn't working as fast as it did before when I first bought it because I was using Black Opal with Origins Grin From Year to Year and Origins Modern Friction. This is still worth trying since it is so cheap.