Black Opal essential fade complex

Filtered by hair type : Straight
No Image

4.5

on 11/30/2005 1:14:00 AM

This actually does work, albeit slowly and gradually. Skin is recovering from a month or so of horrible breakouts and while I'm generally clear now, I've got quite a few little discolorations here and there. I've been using the Essential Fade Complex on them pretty much every night (though sometimes I forget) for the past few weeks and have seen several marks nearly disappear and some lightening of the darker marks. Fab results for the cheapo price! Be sure to use this with a good sunscreen (Shiseido 55 for me) and exfoliating routine. Comes in a grey, needle-nosed squeeze tube which I've heard is better at preserving the potency of the active ingredient (2% hydroquinone--strongest you can get over-the-counter) than something in a jar. Also, this tends to work better for me when it's "fresh". There's a very good amount for what you pay. Only drawback is that it can be a little difficult to locate. I've seen this at CVS and Rite Aid, usually on a bottom shelf either near the "ethnic" section or with the other lighteners (Porcelana, etc.) Would repurchase.

on 5/28/2004 5:21:00 PM

I have been using for about 4 wks and have definitely seen a reduction in Sun spots or freckles. The main area of improvement is my shoulders where the sun damage were those groups of freckle/spotting. Completely faded most of it with only an evening application. I have not been able to regularly apply to face since I'm not sure how to layer it w/ other active ingred(retinol, AHA's, etc) but I really like the gel base of Black Opal as it hides easily under make up and isn't thick like creams & oh yes, unscented, thank goodness!Also doesn't cause breakouts. Kinda' expensive for the amount of product ($12.99 @ Eckerds for .90 oz)Might repurchase if I still need help.