Black Opal essential fade complex

No Image

4.7

on 11/17/2008 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Cool

I have to admit that I bought this product purely on the below review. I had purchased so many products to face dark spots on my skin left by acne -- everything from Dr. Brandt to Merle Normal to Oil of Olay. This product works and it's so cheap! It was difficult to find; no store had it so I got it online dirt cheap from some beauty supply store in Texas. I bought two since they were so cheap but I should not have because you only use a tiny bit.

I can completely understand the other reviewers saying that it stains the skin. It does appear that way at first. But you really not only have to use a thin thin coat, but revert back to kindergarten girls and don't color outside the lines. Meaning, ONLY cover the portion that is discolored. At first I was scared because right after you put it on, it almost look like the dark spot raises like a welt and gets even darker! But I persisted and spots that I'd had for YEARS are fading; it's been three weeks. Now I'm starting to put it on my elbows to see if it will fade there, too.

If you look at my track record, I don't approve of almost anything. I always buy these things and I'm almost always disappointed. This is one of those rare times where I'm finally happy with a product. My skin is going to be so pretty!

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a great over the counter product. I am a brown skinned African American female, and I noticed results within the first 3 days. I combined this with AHA 12% Glycolic souffle (applied AHA after fade complex dried), and thus far it has worked well! I think it works so well b/c it is a hydroquinone and kojic acid combination.

on 10/14/2003 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

very effective. the gel form is great-you can apply directly to the areas you want to lighten. highly recommended.